+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 173 of 922 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You mean that promising young manager who has progressed to managing Burton Albion? Mm think my judgement was spot on there!
    The only time I'll agree with you on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Divide and rule? It's called standing up for yourself and not rolling over to the apologetic/passifying culture you so embrace. This country has been on a downhill slope for a long time, due to the left/liberal face slaps dished out. You yourself do it every time someone says something you don't like. ---- Bigot/racist/xenophobe/little Englander. We know how it works. We are suppose to crawl under a rock and pretend not to have seen and heard anything, in fear of being labelled.
    Too late, the games up and folks have said "enough". You may not like it, but hey ho there it is.

PS love the way you evade slapping Swale for his abuse. That's double standards MY DEAR FRIEND.
    This was a decent thread but is getting truly tiresome now. It's not called 'standing up for yourself' at all. What you're doing at the moment is pure mischief making and **** stirring. The fact that for the second time in very recent posts you've used the term 'pacifist' as an intended insult tells me all I need to know and I don't actually use the terms bigot, racist etc 'every time someone says something I don't like'...I use the terms as and when appropriate...which they sometimes, certainly not always, are.
    'We know how it works', you say...just out of interest...who are 'we' and what is 'it'? Doubtless 'we' means all the decent inoffensive folk you pretend to be representative of and 'it' is the terrible 'left/liberal' conspiracy which is out to get you...but I await correction and clarification if you want to offer it.

Blaming the EU for all of Britain’s ills has been pure displacement activity. Contrary to some of the rhetoric, the EU has not hogtied the UK in regulation and has not drained funds from the Exchequer. Being a member of the EU is not the reason that Britain has failed to live up to its self-image as a ‘proud trading nation’. Britain’s ills − and there are many, as this vote has revealed − are self-inflicted.

Nor has EU membership made Britain less secure domestically or influential internationally. Being in the EU has generally complemented the UK’s military and diplomatic objectives, whether in dealing with Russia, Iran or ISIS. Britain in the EU was not in ‘managed decline’, as one pro-Leave politician described it again this morning – in fact, as those same politicians often pointed out, the UK is prospering as the world’s fifth-largest economy and has remained one of its most powerful nations.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Blaming the EU for all of Britain’s ills has been pure displacement activity. Contrary to some of the rhetoric, the EU has not hogtied the UK in regulation and has not drained funds from the Exchequer. Being a member of the EU is not the reason that Britain has failed to live up to its self-image as a ‘proud trading nation’. Britain’s ills − and there are many, as this vote has revealed − are self-inflicted.

Nor has EU membership made Britain less secure domestically or influential internationally. Being in the EU has generally complemented the UK’s military and diplomatic objectives, whether in dealing with Russia, Iran or ISIS. Britain in the EU was not in ‘managed decline’, as one pro-Leave politician described it again this morning – in fact, as those same politicians often pointed out, the UK is prospering as the world’s fifth-largest economy and has remained one of its most powerful nations.
    Hurrah...normal service is resumed...not even contentious - though it probably is to some - and certainly rational. Like.

I think I preferred sweary cursing abusive Swale to this more rational and sensible one 😊

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hurrah...normal service is resumed...not even contentious - though it probably is to some - and certainly rational. Like.
    Nice to see swale being civilised again, I agree. But he's wrong on so many counts.

I don't any rational brexiteer blames all our ills on the eu, but there a few down to the eu and I, like many, feel we will do better without the eu.

The eu hasn't drained our finances, but it is a drain on them. We pay 350m a week but receive back about half in grants and subsidies. That costs money and is undisputed.

We are not hogtied by by eu rules and regulations, but we are certainly restricted by them. I have suffered then in business, my small farmer friend has to work with the same rules as a much larger French farmer, whereas the rules are fine for the large farm, they are stupid for the small farmer renting individual fields of other people. Then there's a local road development which had some eu finding, resulting in a bus lane on a busy dual carriageway, for 4 buses an hour at peak time, and over a half mile detour for cars!

What a ridiculous statement to say we are no less secure. We are now relying on EVERY eu country to have enough controls when granting asylum. 1 weak country can allow anyone to become an eu citizen and therefore free movement to the UK.

To say the eu compliments our objectives, is only true if we agree with the rest of the eu.

Military wise, I can't remember seeing many eu operations, but I do recall frequent NATO exercises.

The eu has many problems and I think they'll increase with further expansion. As I've said before, to stay in the eu is as big, probably bigger gamble than leaving, who knows where the eu will end up? Incidently, were you in favour of joining the Euro?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I think I preferred sweary cursing abusive Swale to this more rational and sensible one 😊
    ....to quote from the best Christmas movie ever, 'I must have missed 60 minutes'.

What's been going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    ....to quote from the best Christmas movie ever, 'I must have missed 60 minutes'.

What's been going on?
    Much ado about nowt really...all Triz's fault.

More seriously...good to see things being conducted respectfully and meaningfully again. I see today though that the right wing U.S. website - Breitbart - has been reporting that a mob chanting 'Allahu Akbar' had set alight a church in Dortmund on New Year's Eve. All completely fake according to Dortmund police. Nothing untoward happened at all but 'unfortunately' the rumour was already out that '1000 militant Muslim's had attacked Germany's oldest church'.
    This is something we have to be very careful of...it was typified by the lies surrounding both our own Referendum and the Trump campaign. Apparently we're entering the 'post truth' era...well that's just bollux imo...if it ain't true it's untrue/lies and we need to take great care where innuendo and anecdote are concerned these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    More seriously...good to see things being conducted respectfully and meaningfully again. I see today though that the right wing U.S. website - Breitbart - has been reporting that a mob chanting 'Allahu Akbar' had set alight a church in Dortmund on New Year's Eve. All completely fake according to Dortmund police. Nothing untoward happened at all but 'unfortunately' the rumour was already out that '1000 militant Muslim's had attacked Germany's oldest church'.
    This is something we have to be very careful of...it was typified by the lies surrounding both our own Referendum and the Trump campaign. Apparently we're entering the 'post truth' era...well that's just bollux imo...if it ain't true it's untrue/lies and we need to take great care where innuendo and anecdote are concerned these days.
    Whats your opinion then on the current call for the likes of 9/11 and 7/7 to be included in school curricula, because without that formal reporting of events, todays kids are only enlightened by social media conspiracy theories and biased indoctrination?

Page 173 of 922 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)