+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 180 of 922 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No 'bait' Rog...you weren't one of them anyway, but I am genuinely interested in knowing whether those who voted 'Leave' - having thought it all through or as a knee jerk - are now getting what they wanted or expected. We seem to be beginning to reap what we sowed as far as I can tell and it doesn't look too clever.
    Exactly what I expected. No pain no gain.

We had to get out before we never could, as the locks turned.
    We will grow from this. The EU will flounder, just watch

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    As for inclination, then it also means, that pressure must be applied. Either you work and learn. Or we the state, will not support you. I have seen it first hand in interviews. "Yearh but, I'll have to pay my own rent etc"
    Totally agree with you on this. Did a benefits calc the other day, I'd get over £14k pa in benefits if I didn't work. So did some scenarios for working on low wages, and it tells you along the lines of...

"You'll be better off by £23 a week in work"

So essentially, work your arse off for the privilege of £23, which you'll spend on fuel anyway. No wonder people can't be bothered, and you get "professional" benefits scroungers, there is little incentive, it rewards laziness.

I massively doubt however, that leaving the EU will have any effect on this at all.

So what are we reaping? If you're talking about the dreaded tariffs, we're looking at less than 2%,which is nothing compared to the devaluation of the pound. Our goods will still be far cheaper than last year. We would also be charging a tariff on imports, which are greater than exports to the eu, this would bring billions into the government coffers.

The biggest casualties if it comes to tariffs, will be French and German businesses.

I suspect May's tactic is to start with, 'we don't need the eu' and leave it up them to approach us about a deal and therefore negotiate from a position of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Totally agree with you on this. Did a benefits calc the other day, I'd get over £14k pa in benefits if I didn't work. So did some scenarios for working on low wages, and it tells you along the lines of...

So essentially, work your arse off for the privilege of £23, which you'll spend on fuel anyway. No wonder people can't be bothered, and you get "professional" benefits scroungers, there is little incentive, it rewards laziness.

I massively doubt however, that leaving the EU will have any effect on this at all.
    It needs addressing Adi. These youngsters are the backbone of the future. I want them starting on the labour ladder and advancing. The companies employing an east european 5 years+ older are doing the nation no favours.
    They need sorting out( free movement sorts this) , and the freebie life style of a lost generation needs addressing. Either work/train and advance, or get nothing. One term I am sick to death of is, "immigrants do the jobs we don't want to"

Well we have a glut of youngsters doing nothing, but festering in self pity and acceptance. They may be fodder for Corbyns scruffy army, but it has to stop, NOW

I don't disagree Tricky, not at all. Just can't see anything changing, and I don't think the leaving the EU (which I'm for) will have any effect. Simple answer is to remove benefits for those able to work after a certain period, but can't see it.

I don't disagree Tricky, not at all. Just can't see anything changing, and I don't think the leaving the EU (which I'm for) will have any effect. Simple answer is to remove benefits for those able to work after a certain period, but can't see it.
    Well if we curb the free movement of unskilled migrant labour. Then firms have to look elsewhere for their "cheap" labour. I understand the local ****s are hard work. You have to de-programme them, from their idle ways of parents not giving a **** and soft schooling. But it has to be done.

The old adage of "spare the rod, spoil the child" has never been so apt.
    Swale paints his picture of devastation out of the EU, it's our own doing and needs rectifying.
    We must not be reliant on EU policies of mass migration and sort out our internal problems whilst we can.

In effect- train/education/work
    The gravy train stops and you learn some discipline in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    So what are we reaping? If you're talking about the dreaded tariffs, we're looking at less than 2%,which is nothing compared to the devaluation of the pound. Our goods will still be far cheaper than last year. We would also be charging a tariff on imports, which are greater than exports to the eu, this would bring billions into the government coffers.

The biggest casualties if it comes to tariffs, will be French and German businesses.

I suspect May's tactic is to start with, 'we don't need the eu' and leave it up them to approach us about a deal and therefore negotiate from a position of strength.
    The main thing we're reaping at the moment is the collapse of Sterling which, as I originally said, means an increase in the cost of living via all the imported goods we depend on from food to fuel and the cost of anything associated with holidaying abroad. Inflation also appears to be on the rise and while we may be 'escaping the clutches of the Brussels bureaucrats' - as those opposed to the EU would probably describe it - we seem to be running ever closer to becoming dependent on our relationship with the U.S. and the lunatic Trump. None of this seems good to me.

As a seperate point. I'm not usually given to conspiracy theories but here's a thought. Current negotiations appear to be heading in the direction of such a 'hard' and potentially catastrophic Brexit that Parliament may, not unreasonably, feel unable to sanction Article 50. Should that be the case it will those MPs who oppose Brexit who will incur the wrath of those who voted 'Leave' - 37% of the electorate - which some might see as an opportunity to strengthen the Tory and UKIP vote at the almost inevitable General Election that would follow. As I say, just a thought.

yes it would, if it was zero we'd only get folk here who want to put a shift in, and there'd be no need for EU immigration controls. And for that matter UK citizens who currently loaf would have to get up and graft

NB I write that as a career desk-jockey but unlike most of today's kids I grafted (on a farm) for most of my ****age years
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 17-01-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The main thing we're reaping at the moment is the collapse of Sterling which, as I originally said, means an increase in the cost of living via all the imported goods we depend on from food to fuel and the cost of anything associated with holidaying abroad. Inflation also appears to be on the rise and while we may be 'escaping the clutches of the Brussels bureaucrats' - as those opposed to the EU would probably describe it - we seem to be running ever closer to becoming dependent on our relationship with the U.S. and the lunatic Trump. None of this seems good to me.

As a seperate point. I'm not usually given to conspiracy theories but here's a thought. Current negotiations appear to be heading in the direction of such a 'hard' and potentially catastrophic Brexit that Parliament may, not unreasonably, feel unable to sanction Article 50. Should that be the case it will those MPs who oppose Brexit who will incur the wrath of those who voted 'Leave' - 37% of the electorate - which some might see as an opportunity to strengthen the Tory and UKIP vote at the almost inevitable General Election that would follow. As I say, just a thought.
    In 2008 the pound hit 0.80 against the euro. Was you saying the same thing then?

It won't make much difference to eu immigration because we need a vast majority of the current eu workers. But it will allow us to reject those few and it is only a few, who we would rather not have in this country. As we all know, there are a good few people in this country who don't want to work.

Page 180 of 922 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)