+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 181 of 921 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    It won't make much difference to eu immigration because we need a vast majority of the current eu workers. But it will allow us to reject those few and it is only a few, who we would rather not have in this country. As we all know, there are a good few people in this country who don't want to work.
    And they need dealing with as well.
    Here's a job, do it or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    In 2008 the pound hit 0.80 against the euro. Was you saying the same thing then?
    Why would I have been? That was due to the global economic crisis and the rapid fall in interest rates, not self inflicted damage via a vote by many who didn't, and quite probably still don't, know what they were voting for.

And they need dealing with as well.
    Here's a job, do it or nothing.
    I'm with Tricky on this one, I'm fairly hardcore on shirkers. The best summary on the subject of welfare I ever heard was not from a politician (surprise surprise) but from a racing driver, the great Mario Andretti, who responded to being asked why he emptied his pockets for a (genuine, paraplegic) beggar in Rio, responded 'I help those who can't help themselves, not those who won't help themselves'.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Why would I have been? That was due to the global economic crisis and the rapid fall in interest rates, not self inflicted damage via a vote by many who didn't, and quite probably still don't, know what they were voting for.
    The point was ramanag, there is always a crisis around the corner, whether we want it or not.
    Before the vote, there was major talk from the bank of England about a world slump and recession.
    Long term, I'd sooner face a fight I know is coming, than one I don't. It also lets me see the goals I need to achieve to get where I want.

I don't like being threatened by fear of the unknown, which Cameron/Osborn/Subury/Obama portrayed.
    I work my nuts off for my company, I will continue to do so. My vision and reaches will soon be way past the horizon.
    Glass half full and not empty, which remoaners portray etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm with Tricky on this one, I'm fairly hardcore on shirkers. The best summary on the subject of welfare I ever heard was not from a politician (surprise surprise) but from a racing driver, the great Mario Andretti, who responded to being asked why he emptied his pockets for a (genuine, paraplegic) beggar in Rio, responded 'I help those who can't help themselves, not those who won't help themselves'.
    Perfectly reasonable sentiment it is too Andy, but I wasn't aware there are any on here who actively support 'shirkers' and I'm not at all sure what any of it has to do with Brexit.

As for 'being threatened by fear of the unknown' Tricky...isn't that exactly what many business leaders/owners are so worried about in this post referendum climate?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-01-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Perfectly reasonable sentiment it is too Andy, but I wasn't aware there are any on here who actively support 'shirkers' and I'm not at all sure what any of it has to do with Brexit.

As for 'being threatened by fear of the unknown' Tricky...isn't that exactly what many business leaders/owners are so worried about in this post referendum climate?
    Ramanag, without trying to sound preaching.
    It was said the earth was flat
    It was said that after 30 mph the human brain would explode
    It was said that the sound barrier couldn't be breached
    It was said that man couldn't be on the moon

The point is that it is down to us, to make it work. Not some bureaucrat in Brussels, who hasn't done a days work in his/hers life to tell us what to do.
    It's ours to grab.

I sound like Del Boy now, let he who dares wins.

We're free of the restraints and regulations and the drive to a super state. I never wanted/voted for that. It was always the end goal and once trapped, you're in.
    Democracy, which you despute in the vote, was never implemented for the EU. I call that justice.

I always find it says a lot about someone's capacity to think for themselves when they start soap boxing about 'benefit scroungers', when it's tax avoidance from corporations and the elites which cost the economy so much more. You have to ask yourself why one angers you so much more over the other. And if you have any ability to reason left in you, you must conclude that the answer is, it's because that's what you were told to think. Hate the poor and let the rich keep screwing you.

Ramanag, without trying to sound preaching.
    It was said the earth was flat
    It was said that after 30 mph the human brain would explode
    It was said that the sound barrier couldn't be breached
    It was said that man couldn't be on the moon

The point is that it is down to us, to make it work. Not some bureaucrat in Brussels, who hasn't done a days work in his/hers life to tell us what to do.
    It's ours to grab.

I sound like Del Boy now, let he who dares wins.

We're free of the restraints and regulations and the drive to a super state. I never wanted/voted for that. It was always the end goal and once trapped, you're in.
    Democracy, which you despute in the vote, was never implemented for the EU. I call that justice.
    And there's the difference between us...well one of them. I don't see it as being 'down to us to make it work', I see it as being down to us to bring a halt to this terribly ill conceived mistake. I don't feel as if I'm being told what to do by 'some bureaucrat in Brussels' and you have no idea whether such people have 'done a day's work in their life' or not. I understand your objection to what you describe as a 'super state' but it seems likely we're going to swap membership of the EU for becoming beholden to the U.S. and I don't think that's what anyone wanted either. As for being 'free of restraints and regulations', can't say I've ever felt restrained or regulated by Europe but I'm certainly not best pleased at the prospect of higher fuel bills, more expensive food, longer air and ferry port queues and much more costly holidays, but each to their own...maybe that was part of the plan all along.

I was off on my own tangent for a minute there - I hate shirkers of all races, creeds and colours, my crude economics says if benefits for shirkers went down to zero, QED (or ergo?) the UK would be unattractive to EU shirkers. I'm off to troll facebook before I suggest a return to National Service

Is that why the latest set of figures for December have business confidence at an 18 month high of about 58 after dropping down to 47 in July in the post brexit scaremongering.

Page 181 of 921 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)