+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 185 of 922 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Our issue should be with the government for allowing these people or corporations or even us, to get away with it. We all agree that we're up for getting away with it if we can, if we were fortunate enough to be getting very large sums of money, you have to assume that we'd be doing the same avoidance tactics ourselves.

1 Point here, whilst these people or corporations are paying clever accountants to legally avoid paying tax, we all admit to illegally avoiding tax where we can, even if it's on a tiny scale, so who's more in the wrong, the people breaking the law or the people not breaking the law?
    Not sure 'we all agree we're up for getting away with it if we can' Ram. We're all guilty of hypocrisy at times but if we all set out to get
    away with things as much as we can that really would be the road to ruin.

Surely the point is...ordinary 'little' people are inclined to try and 'get away with it' because they see huge corporations and even the leader (Elect) of the 'free world' getting away with it time and again. Hearing of people 'getting away' with driving home after downing half a dozen pints doesn't make me want to drink and drive anymore than 'successful' bank robbers make me want to go and rob a bank but I'm afraid hearing of all the loopholes used to allow the already wealthy to avoid paying their fair share does make me sometimes ask...'any benefit for paying in cash'? Not sure if that's morally reprehensible or just 'worldly'.

Interesting news snippet on local radio in Surrey. People are to polled on whether they will accept a 15% increase in council tax to fund the social care budget in the county as there is a large shortfall on the budget (for 2017-118 I presume).

My answer would be to quote DCFC Army verbatim. **** Off.

But it makes you wonder about the "affluent south" argument. If Surrey, which is supposedly a well to do commuter county has no money for care, what must it be like elsewhere in the country? Or is Surrey like Florida - all the greys have fled here and so we need a higher care budget?

I blame the EU myself. Must be all those eastern Europeans heading for Surrey to milk the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Interesting news snippet on local radio in Surrey. People are to polled on whether they will accept a 15% increase in council tax to fund the social care budget in the county as there is a large shortfall on the budget (for 2017-118 I presume).

My answer would be to quote DCFC Army verbatim. **** Off.

But it makes you wonder about the "affluent south" argument. If Surrey, which is supposedly a well to do commuter county has no money for care, what must it be like elsewhere in the country? Or is Surrey like Florida - all the greys have fled here and so we need a higher care budget?

I blame the EU myself. Must be all those eastern Europeans heading for Surrey to milk the budget.
    15%!!!! Isn't that really a case of...'well we - the Government of now approaching seven years - have cut services to the bone so although we're against raising income tax - not the Tory way - we'll do it this way, abdicate all responsibility and set one section of society against another'? Or am I being too cynical? Maybe some of that £350,000,000 could be redirected to Surrey each week, though Christ knows how much they'll need in poorer parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    15%!!!! Isn't that really a case of...'well we - the Government of now approaching seven years - have cut services to the bone so although we're against raising income tax - not the Tory way - we'll do it this way, abdicate all responsibility and set one section of society against another'? Or am I being too cynical? Maybe some of that £350,000,000 could be redirected to Surrey each week, though Christ knows how much they'll need in poorer parts of the country.
    The local authority seem to be suggesting that central government funding cuts have been so severe that they cannot afford to spend what they wish to. In fairness to central government, they would say that though, wouldn't they?

...and in fairness to local government...the funding cuts have been seriously severe. Maybe they should just bomb Crawley.

Actually, I was suggesting the opposite. We are all moaning about people and corporations legally avoiding tax, but seem happy to evade tax and/or deal with these companies ourselves.

Having shown us to be not that different to the big corporations ourselves, except on a much smaller scale, what about the scroungers? Does anyone on here feel they have the right to never have to work for a living and to be able to live off the state for their whole life, bringing up as many children as they want?

See this is where it shows how ingrained the propaganda is. The rich are simply avoiding paying millions upon millions legally (and wouldn't we all do the same?) whilst the "benefit scroungers" who are also doing NOTHING illegal need to be stopped and the law to be changed. No one is calling for tax avoidance laws to be changed in here. You are all proving my point.

And as for those saying the rich pay some tax so we can ignore the millions more they avoid. Well I pay income tax, is it cool with everyone if I don't pay my council tax or VAT? You can pick up the tab, is that alright?

Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    See this is where it shows how ingrained the propaganda is. The rich are simply avoiding paying millions upon millions legally (and wouldn't we all do the same?) whilst the "benefit scroungers" who are also doing NOTHING illegal need to be stopped and the law to be changed. No one is calling for tax avoidance laws to be changed in here. You are all proving my point.
    I clearly state that it's up to the government to stop these corporations getting away with legally avoiding tax.

Tell me do you admire the scroungers that have decided to live a life on the state and will avoid working. These people have set out to offer nothing to society and just take. They do exist and do not see anything wrong with their attitudes. Do you agree with this attitude?

I clearly state that it's up to the government to stop these corporations getting away with legally avoiding tax.

Tell me do you admire the scroungers that have decided to live a life on the state and will avoid working. These people have set out to offer nothing to society and just take. They do exist and do not see anything wrong with their attitudes. Do you agree with this attitude?
    Nope I don't admire them..... But it's up to the government to sort that out.

Do you admire the rich elite that steals more from you?

Page 185 of 922 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285685 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)