+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 193 of 922 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

[QUOTE=Ram59;38411680]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

You're missing the point entirely. Take away wealth and social standing and everyone starts equal. A natural leader will come to the fore, it doesn't matter about his wealth or upbringing, a genuine benefit claimant will work as hard as anyone given an equal chance, but my point is that a scrounger, no matter what the circumstances, will expect everything for nothing.
    Which absolutely no one is arguing with...but you then go on to justify allowing your 'natural leader' to entirely abuse his position which is exactly what is happening at present in our society.

Ah, I see someone has discovered how to start altering 'quotes' (#1914/1915). A dangerous precedent and a last resort methinks.
    Sense of humour failure day today?

You never used to be able to change quotes in the old system did you?

Why would anyone be 'in denial' about voting 'Remain'? More to the point, how does still making the case for 'Remain' and continuing to oppose Brexit, even after suffering the slenderest of 'defeats' in probably the most misunderstood vote of all time, constitute moaning?
    As an apparently life long Tory - albeit of the more 'one nation' kind - can we assume that after Wilson/Callaghan/Blair's election victories you suddenly started supporting Labour? Surely those of us who still believe the Brexit vote to be a huge mistake and the idea of May and Trump getting into 'bed' together - pardon the imagery - an even bigger one are right to continue to resist.
    Easy tiger! I didn't mean you at all! Happy to continue the joust....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Easy tiger! I didn't mean you at all! Happy to continue the joust....
    Time of the month I think......

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Time of the month I think......
    'Easy Tiger'???? Not really relevant. Nothing angry about those questions...but they are fair imo.

'Sense of humour failure'? Not adopting the high moral ground...but you managed that all on your own earlier this morning RR.

Why would anyone be 'in denial' about voting 'Remain'? More to the point, how does still making the case for 'Remain' and continuing to oppose Brexit, even after suffering the slenderest of 'defeats' in probably the most misunderstood vote of all time, constitute moaning?
    As an apparently life long Tory - albeit of the more 'one nation' kind - can we assume that after Wilson/Callaghan/Blair's election victories you suddenly started supporting Labour? Surely those of us who still believe the Brexit vote to be a huge mistake and the idea of May and Trump getting into 'bed' together - pardon the imagery - an even bigger one are right to continue to resist.
    did I say I was a lifelong Tory?

My voting habits have been

Tory 92 (my dad voted by proxy for me as I was on honeymoon!)
    Labour 97 (corrupt tories)
    Labour 01 (Doing OK)
    Labour 05 (Hmm, benefit of the doubt)
    Tory 10 (Labour bankrupted us)
    Lib Dem 15 (thought they'd done well controlling the conservatories)
    At the mo I will vote Lib Dem 20 or whenever (see 15, IMO they will form the opposition in 20)

Work that out!

[QUOTE=ramAnag;38411686]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

Which absolutely no one is arguing with...but you then go on to justify allowing your 'natural leader' to entirely abuse his position which is exactly what is happening at present in our society.
    I never said he could abuse his position, I said that he wouldn't seem to be physically working as hard add everyone else.

That's where a good leader has to strike a balance, but on many occasions a leader may not seem to be pulling his weight but may be planning, organising, worrying, taking risks without it being obvious. Union leaders don't spend all their times on a picket line, but I bet they spend plenty of time doing the above.

When you have run your own company, you can more appreciate the stress and other responsibilities that go with it, I gave it up because of this.

[QUOTE=Ram59;38411680]

You're missing the point entirely. Take away wealth and social standing and everyone starts equal. A natural leader will come to the fore, it doesn't matter about his wealth or upbringing, a genuine benefit claimant will work as hard as anyone given an equal chance, but my point is that a scrounger, no matter what the circumstances, will expect everything for nothing.
    Your missing the point, how many f the tax dodgers haven't worked to the top it's been handed to them. And now they refuse to contribute.

[QUOTE=triz;38411799]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

Your missing the point, how many f the tax dodgers haven't worked to the top it's been handed to them. And now they refuse to contribute.
    You have a point there, I'd forgotten about those. They tend to be the ones that think they're above everybody else as well.

[QUOTE=Ram59;38411830]
    Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post

You have a point there, I'd forgotten about those. They tend to be the ones that think they're above everybody else as well.
    Well we have gained a little momentum in the drive towards 2000 today and with the tax/benefit cheats diversion despite it having gone off topic an already off topic subject.

Page 193 of 922 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293693 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)