+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 921 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Now the dust has settled and everyone has now excepted Brexit, Who would you like to be our next Prime Minister, I know most folk would want Nigel Farage but at the moment that's not possible.

I assume you're joking when you say "most folk would want Nigel Farage". I can't think of many worse apart from Gove maybe.

By the way, as the usual grammar and use of English language police seem to be taking it easy on you, the word is accepted not excepted.

And, stepping in for the content police a minute, I'm not convinced that everyone has accepted or excepted it. Several thousand in Hyde Park yesterday and dear old Bob Geldof would suggest otherwise, but as he is Irish I'm not sure what the **** its got to do with him?

Now the dust has settled and everyone has now excepted Brexit, Who would you like to be our next Prime Minister, I know most folk would want Nigel Farage but at the moment that's not possible.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Quote Originally Posted by Bstand View Post
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
    I agree...17.5m is quite a large group.

Don't even think Gove would be worse than Farage, tamworth. Just the BNP in a suit.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-07-2016 at 06:36 PM.

British politics a right mess.. I have no faith in any of them.
    Someone dig Maggie up

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I agree...17.5m is quite a large group.

Don't even think Gove would be worse than Farage, tamworth. Just the BNP in a suit.
    You're right, there really isn't anyone I can think of I'd least like to see as PM. Can you imagine, Farage at Downing Street, Trump in the Whitehouse and Putin at the Kremlin?

Quote Originally Posted by tamworthram View Post
    You're right, there really isn't anyone I can think of I'd least like to see as PM. Can you imagine, Farage at Downing Street, Trump in the Whitehouse and Putin at the Kremlin?
    Too terrifying to contemplate.

Wouldnt need to contemplate it for long before nuclear holocaust followed

I started this thread as I'd no idea who should and could run the Country after Cameron stands down, I wondered if there would be a name on this footy board we were all in favour of leading the way for victory, but I can see with no names coming forward that no one thinks that there is a conservative good enough to run the Country.

I wonder if its time for another general election to try and find a candidate who's capable of doing the job.

I started this thread as I'd no idea who should and could run the Country after Cameron stands down, I wondered if there would be a name on this footy board we were all in favour of leading the way for victory, but I can see with no names coming forward that no one thinks that there is a conservative good enough to run the Country.

I wonder if its time for another general election to try and find a candidate who's capable of doing the job.
    If that was your intention MoP it was cleverly disguised but, imo, the Labour Party is in such disarray that they are not currently a viable party of Government (or opposition come to that). UKIP have one MP who is really a Tory and appears to be at total odds with Farage who, in turn, has repeatedly failed to get himself elected as an MP and is, again imo, nothing more than a devisive, out spoken, attention seeking political yob. The Liberals are in the process of rebuilding and the Greens are completely lacking in experience. In the short term that leaves the Tories, who despite being totally divided, are managing some sort of show of unity. The prospect of Michael - 'I never wanted any of this' - Gove is laughable and of the others only Theresa May has the experience and 'gravitas' to be taken seriously. So, my answer is...short term Theresa May...long term...a genuine coalition of the best of Labour, the Liberals, the 'One Nation' Tories, the Welsh (sorry Triz and Rog), the SNP and the Greens. Don't really care who the leader is but my vote would go to such a voice of moderation with policies designed around common sense, compassion and concern for the well being of the whole UK.

Page 2 of 921 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)