+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 208 of 922 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

As regards Iraq ...I don't think ordinary Iraqis started the Middle East conflict...it was surely Saddam Hussain and the Baathists but it was ordinary Iraqis, including many refugees who were killed by an invasion of very questionable necessity.

I think 9/11 had closer links to Saudi Arabia, but you wouldn't get the yanks to do anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yes it could. It could also be argued that 'those ordinary Germans' were simply too scared to speak out against one of the most ruthless regimes in modern history. I've heard it rumoured that the SS and the Gestapo could be a more than a little tetchy at times.
    Which funnily enough is why I'm quite proud of the the 'thick' 'ignorant', 'bigotted' folk who voted for Brexit (and for that matter Trump). While the Nazis broke bones and marginalised minorities to enforce their ideology (a tactic Isis are also attempting), and got a deserving kicking for it, in more recent times 'the establishment' scrambled brains with a weapon called 'PC' and marginalised the fat and happy majority to enforce another ideology. Then UK, and then The USA, decided they WOULD speak out, emboldened no doubt by being on the right side of the sticks and stones equation.

Yes I did vote remain, with a heavy heart, but I can see the view from the other side very clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Which funnily enough is why I'm quite proud of the the 'thick' 'ignorant', 'bigotted' folk who voted for Brexit (and for that matter Trump). While the Nazis broke bones and marginalised minorities to enforce their ideology (a tactic Isis are also attempting), and got a deserving kicking for it, in more recent times 'the establishment' scrambled brains with a weapon called 'PC' and marginalised the fat and happy majority to enforce another ideology. Then UK, and then The USA, decided they WOULD speak out, emboldened no doubt by being on the right side of the sticks and stones equation.

Yes I did vote remain, with a heavy heart, but I can see the view from the other side very clearly.
    So you voted 'remain' albeit with a 'heavy heart' because, presumably, like many of us you didn't wholly embrace everything about the EU, but eight months on you're actually 'proud' of those that voted for Brexit (and Trump!!) even though a significant proportion of them seem to have been motivated to do so by the single issue of immigration. That's bizarre, especially by your standards AF and however uncomfortable you may be with the EU and political correctness they're a zillion miles away from Germany in the thirties. Je ne comprends pas.

Je ne comprends pas.
    This phrase got me through my French GCSE (as well as a French kid telling us the answers, good old Raph!). Post Brexit, hopefully our children can study something more useful

Like Cantonese, Mandarin or Hindi, Adi - the future laguages of trade.

Ironic that an anti immigrant vote for Brexit might spark the introduction of the teaching of Hindi / Indic languages in our schools 😊😊

So you voted 'remain' albeit with a 'heavy heart' because, presumably, like many of us you didn't wholly embrace everything about the EU, but eight months on you're actually 'proud' of those that voted for Brexit (and Trump!!) even though a significant proportion of them seem to have been motivated to do so by the single issue of immigration. That's bizarre, especially by your standards AF and however uncomfortable you may be with the EU and political correctness they're a zillion miles away from Germany in the thirties. Je ne comprends pas.
    Proud was a badly chosen word. Maybe surprised/impressed (that 'they' got off their fat arses and voted instead of just moaning).

I don't see a problem, however, with 'them' voting based on one issue, that's free will in action. When I look back on my decision, the swing from leave to remain was certainly massively on one issue (the effect on 'business').

No intention ever to compare EU to Nazi Germany in aims or methods believe me
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 23-02-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Like Cantonese, Mandarin or Hindi, Adi - the future laguages of trade.

Ironic that an anti immigrant vote for Brexit might spark the introduction of the teaching of Hindi / Indic languages in our schools ����
    Or Spanish...always frowned upon compared with French in my school but the second most widely spoken language in the world I believe.

Thank you Stoke...not something I was saying last June...but thank you for putting the odious charlatan Nuttall back in his place.

Thank you Stoke...not something I was saying last June...but thank you for putting the odious charlatan Nuttall back in his place.
    And thank you Stoke for doing enough to keep the odious charlatan Corbyn in charge of Labour and guarantee their irrelevance for the next decade or more.

Page 208 of 922 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308708 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)