+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 209 of 921 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309709 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woolwhacker View Post
    And thank you Stoke for doing enough to keep the odious charlatan Corbyn in charge of Labour and guarantee their irrelevance for the next decade or more.
    Lol...think Copeland has probably seen the end of him. Lots of very worried Labour MPs...won't be long now before we see a decent opposition of one form or another, and it won't include Corbyn and McDonnell.

Bump

This was about to fall off the front page and would maybe have gone forever - erm lets not allow that to happen!

I suspect it will be resurrected many times over the coming weeks, months and years, by both sides proving they were 'right' all along.

But, at the moment, there are more important discussions about what's going wrong at Pride Park.

So there'll be no 'give aways' in the forthcoming budget, according to Philip Hammond, because we'll be saving up to pay the Brexit bill.
    Such a good idea wasn't it? Still at least, unlike Farage and Nuttall, the country apparently won't be 'slinking off like a wounded animal' either. All so bloody avoidable.

Don't have to pay a penny for Brexit:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#6267687d3597

Brexit or no Brexit, with the tories in power cuts are always inevitable and there'll always be an excuse for them. Shame there's no strength in opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So there'll be no 'give aways' in the forthcoming budget, according to Philip Hammond, because we'll be saving up to pay the Brexit bill.
    Such a good idea wasn't it? Still at least, unlike Farage and Nuttall, the country apparently won't be 'slinking off like a wounded animal' either. All so bloody avoidable.
    Very short term thinking Anag. Anyone starting a new business venture knows they need to put a bit aside for 'start up' costs, believing that in the long run that the business will bring rewards. Do you not think that James Dyson put some money aside to invest in his vacuum cleaner?

Of course it will cost money in the short term and only a fool of a chancellor would not put money aside, unlike Brown in the prosperous early noughties who kept borrowing, believing that there would never be a bust while he was in control, even if the blame for the bust lay elsewhere.

I'm not actually blaming Hammond for putting 'money aside' Ram. I'm saying that, at a time when there's an alleged relative budget surfeit and when the NHS and various other agencies are seriously struggling, it's an enormous pity we have to put so much aside to pay for the self inflicted cost of Brexit. What with that and the effective 'devaluation' of our currency since last June I still can't for the life of me see how Brexit is going to do us anything but harm...but then that's probably just my unpatriotic, anti-British, extremist self showing through, at least that's what the 'right' would have you believe.

Agree absolutely about your 'opposition' point Adi...hope you're right about it costing us nothing too, but I doubt it.

I doubt we'd walk away without paying a sweetener of sorts either, but it shows we shouldn't be scared that we have to fork out a large sum of cash for nothing, it's in the EU's favour to deal sensibly with us in the short and long term.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I doubt we'd walk away without paying a sweetener of sorts either, but it shows we shouldn't be scared that we have to fork out a large sum of cash for nothing, it's in the EU's favour to deal sensibly with us in the short and long term.
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    Bump
    Lol...or at least I would if it wasn't all so 'kin tragic.
    The Brexit Secretary - David Davis - is convincing this morning isn't he? Just admitted they've not assessed the economic impact of not reaching a deal with the EU. Wtf...is he related to Billy?

Page 209 of 921 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309709 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)