+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 210 of 921 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

No he's a scotch git, this one's just a git!!

Donald Trump got a second US travel ban, blocked by a federal judge but what's intriguing and hilarious is that the federal judge who blocked the order is from Hawaii, one of the states who protested against the new travel ban. Seems a conspiracy, just keeps hitting out on MR poor Trump. He have to take the order to a state, which didn't protest against the ban if he's liable to get the order true justice. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39287656

GERMAN Chancellor Angela Merkel and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe have called for the preservation of free trade as they say global markets can be both open and fair.

I doubt it will include freedom of movement.

So you don't have to be in the EU for free trade when it suits then Merkel?
    All a big con, from 1973 onwards

Talking of 'big cons' Tricky. Not many 'Remainers' ever suggested that the EU was faultless but take a look at David Davis' recent comments. Asked about the rights of Brits living in other parts of the EU...'we haven't really got that far'. Asked about reciprocal arrangements for health care in Europe...'we're not sure, there may be'. Asked about the consequences of not reaching agreement with the EU...'we haven't actually assessed what the economic impact might be'.
    For anyone who may not know, David Davis is the 'Brexit Secretary'. Is being led by this inept individual and his cronies into a future which is apparently completely unclear really what you voted for? I for one have always accepted that the EU has many faults and that the downside - there are also many positives - of immigration need addressing, but have the subsequent downswing in the value of the pound and the upsurge of uncertainty really been worth it? As I said...'talking of big cons'.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Talking of 'big cons' Tricky. Not many 'Remainers' ever suggested that the EU was faultless but take a look at David Davis' recent comments. Asked about the rights of Brits living in other parts of the EU...'we haven't really got that far'. Asked about reciprocal arrangements for health care in Europe...'we're not sure, there may be'. Asked about the consequences of not reaching agreement with the EU...'we haven't actually assessed what the economic impact might be'.
    For anyone who may not know, David Davis is the 'Brexit Secretary'. Is being led by this inept individual and his cronies into a future which is apparently completely unclear really what you voted for? I for one have always accepted that the EU has many faults and that the downside - there are also many positives - of immigration need addressing, but have the subsequent downswing in the value of the pound and the upsurge of uncertainty really been worth it? As I said...'talking of big cons'.
    Don't dispute any of that Ramanag.

Who do you blame? Cameron for a start.
    He thought he would use a vote to regain election. He had no idea how deep the feelings of discontent ran in the population.
    He and Osborn thought it would be a walk in the park and made NO plans at all should it go against them. It cost him his job.

Personally, I am sick of hearing why don't we guarantee EU members citizenship etc.
    In a negotiation, you give away nothing.

I agree with May. No deal is better than a bad deal.
    My last post shows, that free trade does not have to come at the price of membership or free movement. It is all part of the master plan of a super state and always will be.
    All I have heard today, is the EU and Drunker in particular talking about us coughing up 60 billion BEFORE we agree anything?
    Well **** em. They send us 3 times the goods we send them.
    It is all one sided bullying.
    Next time they're in trouble, I suggest we stay our side of the channel.
    De Gaulle did his best to keep us out of the EU, despite hundreds of thousands dying to liberate his country. I wish he had succeeded.

Don't disagree with anything you're saying about Cameron and Osborne but we're making the same mistakes again.
    We are being led into the unknown - out of the frying pan into the fire in all probability - by inadequates.
    Can you imagine the likes of Davis and May etc doing business or more mundane personal finance deals...arranging a loan or a mortgage perhaps.
    May would be coming out with platitudes like...'well a mortgage means a mortgage and no loan is better than a bad loan' while Davis, when asked about his earnings and prospects would offer precise details like 'quite a lot really' or 'haven't really thought about that yet'.
    It's a nonsense and banging on about De Gaulle from seventy odd years ago is irrelevant. This is happening now and, more importantly, is going to impact the lives of those who are currently young for decades to come. In a world where political U turns now seem the order of the day we need to make one more before we drive over the cliff edge...imo.

Will 29 March be an irrevocable step or just another passing day of limited historic consequence?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Will 29 March be an irrevocable step or just another passing day of limited historic consequence?
    According to the News today, the EU are more well prepared than we, have been for ages and can't wait to kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don't disagree with anything you're saying about Cameron and Osborne but we're making the same mistakes again.
    We are being led into the unknown - out of the frying pan into the fire in all probability - by inadequates.
    Can you imagine the likes of Davis and May etc doing business or more mundane personal finance deals...arranging a loan or a mortgage perhaps.
    May would be coming out with platitudes like...'well a mortgage means a mortgage and no loan is better than a bad loan' while Davis, when asked about his earnings and prospects would offer precise details like 'quite a lot really' or 'haven't really thought about that yet'.
    It's a nonsense and banging on about De Gaulle from seventy odd years ago is irrelevant. This is happening now and, more importantly, is going to impact the lives of those who are currently young for decades to come. In a world where political U turns now seem the order of the day we need to make one more before we drive over the cliff edge...imo.
    your opinion, is your opinion ramanag and I wouldn't dispute it.

I am still awaiting an answer from anyone, as to why free trade has to come at the price of sovereignty and rules like free movement imposed on anyone?

Merkel has just exposed this charade for what it is.
    She wants free trade with Japan, but inside Europe you have to cough up for it.

But Japan was never on the USofE agenda.

How interesting...sitting on the other side of the 'pond' watching BBC World News and absolutely no coverage at all of today's anti-Brexit march. Know all about Carswell, Lewis Hamilton and demonstrations in Belarus but as far as the London demonstration is concerned...nothing at all. Is the BBC now subject to news blackouts? So much for defending democracy.

Page 210 of 921 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)