+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 211 of 922 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    How interesting...sitting on the other side of the 'pond' watching BBC World News and absolutely no coverage at all of today's anti-Brexit march. Know all about Carswell, Lewis Hamilton and demonstrations in Belarus but as far as the London demonstration is concerned...nothing at all. Is the BBC now subject to news blackouts? So much for defending democracy.
    There are lots of marches/protests not covered by BBC or other news outlets, I've seen a bit on it on newsfeeds, but people whingeing about something that went the wrong way for them nearly a year ago is hardly headline news is it?

'People whingeing', Andy or over 100,000 engaged in apparently entirely peaceful protest about an impending likely and undemocratic catastrophe? I'd have thought today's demonstration in London would have been of major significance. Tbf the BBC eventually gave it about two minutes by 18.30 (US time) this evening. In comparison Britain was 'under attack' a couple of days ago and Trump had been in urgent contact with Mrs. May. Not belittling that incident for those who were killed or injured at all, but a crazy crim armed with an SUV and a knife hardly constitutes a nation under attack. Strange slants that gets put on news these days...bet it would have been all over the TV had the protest turned nasty.

I think it was more like 30,000 there according to reports Ive heard but I wasnt there. Still what a 70% deviation to someone who believes that 31% of the electorate should hold sway over 35% 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I think it was more like 30,000 there according to reports Ive heard but I wasnt there. Still what a 70% deviation to someone who believes that 31% of the electorate should hold sway over 35% ����
    Well there you go Rog...such poor coverage...had to rely on 'tinternet thingy...that suggested 100,000, all protesting about 63% being driven over the 'cliff edge' by 37% who were motivated by something other than the 'hard Brexit' which has since been quite undemocratically proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    How interesting...sitting on the other side of the 'pond' watching BBC World News and absolutely no coverage at all of today's anti-Brexit march. Know all about Carswell, Lewis Hamilton and demonstrations in Belarus but as far as the London demonstration is concerned...nothing at all. Is the BBC now subject to news blackouts? So much for defending democracy.
    I would suspect that the fact they was asked to cancel it, for going over the very spot that people lost their lives to terror and that the police were stretched had something to do with it.
    Yet like the disrespect the Scottish parliament showed, I shouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I think it was more like 30,000 there according to reports Ive heard but I wasnt there. Still what a 70% deviation to someone who believes that 31% of the electorate should hold sway over 35% ����
    Around 25,000 demonstrators are calling for Britain to remain in the EU – just days before Theresa May triggers Article 50 to begin the exit process on March 29.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/25/thousa...#ixzz4cPclyO8r

Student marches gather more kerfuffle.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...otests-uk-list
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 26-03-2017 at 06:54 AM.

There's a protest march through London every day, I'm sure I've heard in the past that there are official reasons why the BBC don't report on it, but I can't be bothered to research it (sorry!). Plus there's so many protests, professional protesters, hobby protesters, that they are more or less meaningless anyway.

Thanks for that Tricky. Seemed very good natured, well intentioned, law abiding and respectful then, especially given the circumstances surrounding last week's atrocity. Quite a contrast to the behaviour I remember from the more 'militant' Brexiteers in the wake of last June's vote. Perhaps you have to be angry, vociferous and devisive these days in order for a minority to gain recognition as the 'will of the people'.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-03-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    There's a protest march through London every day, I'm sure I've heard in the past that there are official reasons why the BBC don't report on it, but I can't be bothered to research it (sorry!). Plus there's so many protests, professional protesters, hobby protesters, that they are more or less meaningless anyway.
    I must take a pride in taking part in a protest/rally despite the fact that Margaret Thatcher at that time had placed a total ban on all protests/rallies unless they could be shown as scientific and educational which of course we did. It was a great day out which was attended by 100000. Any idea what the the protest/rally was about?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    I must take a pride in taking part in a protest/rally despite the fact that Margaret Thatcher at that time had placed a total ban on all protests/rallies unless they could be shown as scientific and educational which of course we did. It was a great day out which was attended by 100000. Any idea what the the protest/rally was about?
    I would've thought you'd have found out before you joined in.
    Education cuts?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-03-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Page 211 of 922 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311711 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)