Get your very own personalised The Ram Inn gifts!
Page 220 of 248 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4953

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Trying to school a forces veteran on the military, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Eh no he doesn't he stands up for those wealthy funders of his who will love being able to rip off and exploit the "common man" whislt making more millions!

Our armed forces? Have you looked at our military capability lately, we don't have the capability to do anything significant on our own, so its either join with NATO, the USA or our european friends. The days when Britain was a major military power are long gone!

Plus as things stand we have a veto of being involved in any european army that may or may not evolve, so not really a point to you voting Brexit!

Cooperation between countries leads to a more peaceful world, jingoistic nationalism leads to the exact opposite - a look at history from WW" onwards will show that even when we did have a significant military capability, we needed others help to win major conflicts , we couldn't even wage a conflict like the falklands these days!
    I've told you about those exclamation marks Swale, the punctuation mark of the desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Trying to school a forces veteran on the military, brilliant.
    He’s right though isn’t he Adi?

Claw obviously knows more about military conflict and the harsh reality of war than most, possibly all, of us...doesn’t make him any more expert on defence spending and military/political alliances though, imo.

It is absolutely counter productive to vote Brexit because you don’t support the concept of a European army...all that will happen if we ‘Leave’ is that we lose all input into the matter...just doesn’t make sense.

No, not at all. Its arrogant, and insulting. I work in the defense industry but wouldn't be stupid enough to think I'd know more than someone who actually served.

No, not at all. Its arrogant, and insulting. I work in the defense industry but wouldn't be stupid enough to think I'd know more than someone who actually served.
    Have to disagree Adi...I accept Swale can sometimes be arrogant and insulting and I have no idea what Claw’s military experience was, but the points made by ‘Basil’ make sense.
    It is completely illogical to vote for Brexit because you don’t support the concept of a European army. You’re not going to prevent it happening - if that is the plan - but you are going to lose all say in its manifestation. Can’t see how that achieves anything.
    I accept that I don’t fully understand the pros and cons of such an institution but I don’t believe having first hand experience of armed conflict is a prerequisite to understanding the importance of Europe’s political and military unity.

Then disagree we shall

Then disagree we shall
    Fair enough, but I’ve been watching Derby County since 1972 and supporting them since 1988 (long story)...doesn’t mean I know how to run a football club.

Ramanag and swale, I understand you doubt why I should not advocate a EU army, so I will spell it out...….Nato is responsible for peace across Europe. Nato has been the cornerstone of western security since WW2 and won the cold war before the EU even existed. When it has tried to intervene in security matters the Eu has failed and Nato has rescued the situation, such as in the Balkans in the 1990's. Mi5 and Mi6 base their information on the 5 eyes agreement with USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The EU does not help intelligence sharing, in fact many members cannot be trusted due to their close relationship with Russia. If we stay the EU is planning the creation of an EU army. This would mean that that the UK would lose control of its defence. Out side the EU we willretain close military ties with EU countries and our allies across the world, but will be able to deploy our forces as we wish, NOT HOW WE ARE TOLD BY BRUSSELS.

How much do I know ? Speak to Oldtimeram, he has read my book "A Piece of the Action" by graham Price with Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Ramanag and swale, I understand you doubt why I should not advocate a EU army, so I will spell it out...….Nato is responsible for peace across Europe. Nato has been the cornerstone of western security since WW2 and won the cold war before the EU even existed. When it has tried to intervene in security matters the Eu has failed and Nato has rescued the situation, such as in the Balkans in the 1990's. Mi5 and Mi6 base their information on the 5 eyes agreement with USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The EU does not help intelligence sharing, in fact many members cannot be trusted due to their close relationship with Russia. If we stay the EU is planning the creation of an EU army. This would mean that that the UK would lose control of its defence. Out side the EU we willretain close military ties with EU countries and our allies across the world, but will be able to deploy our forces as we wish, NOT HOW WE ARE TOLD BY BRUSSELS.
    Just to be clear, claw...I have never questioned why you doubt the wisdom of ‘advocating an EU army’. I don’t know enough about it.

What I do question is your wisdom in relation to Brexit and an EU army.

You have said you are voting for Brexit specifically because you don’t want an EU army. As a member of the EU we are currently able to influence and even veto possible future decisions about such a thing...once we leave we lose all influence over something which, if you’re correct, is going to happen anyway...so how does ‘leaving’ help us?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've told you about those exclamation marks Swale, the punctuation mark of the desperate.
    No the sign of exasperation at the complete lack of basic knowledge on here! Jeez, do you really think I take this seriously?

As for schooling a forces veteran, mm in my experience the paid mercenaries don't have a ****ing clue , they are after all paid to follow orders not think about military policy and defence procurement!

Mind you it isn't difficult to find out what the Uk's military capability is - haven't we still got an expensive air craft carrier that has yet to have any aircraft?

But we have a veto on joining an Eu Army, so its not an issue! Anyway the notion of an Eu force is still just that a notion, its format and make up still to be decided, can't really see the French or Germans giving up their own defence capability, so the EU Army is more likely to be like NATO - a collaboration of forces. But the point still stands that we don't have the military capability to deploy - as I said, we don't even have the capability to mount a Falklands mission anymore.

Farage the common mans saviour!!

It was always baked into Farage’s rhetoric that if the public voted to leave, the elite would seek to thwart their wishes. The truth, again, is quite otherwise. The political class has strained every tendon to find a way of delivering the undeliverable: of extracting the UK from a 46-year relationship without wrecking its prosperity, security and access to the wider world.

Brexit has failed because the square-circling task is impossible. We must stay, or accept a grievous cost: that is the choice now. But Farage appeals to a primal social instinct: the sensation that the few are, yet again, cheating the many of their unsullied dream. It is not the dream that is at fault, you understand, but those who sabotage it. Just as Marxists insist true communism has never been tried, so Brexiteers declare that their simple plan has been wrecked by weaklings, quislings and fools.

No the sign of exasperation at the complete lack of basic knowledge on here! Jeez, do you really think I take this seriously?

As for schooling a forces veteran, mm in my experience the paid mercenaries don't have a ****ing clue , they are after all paid to follow orders not think about military policy and defence procurement!

Mind you it isn't difficult to find out what the Uk's military capability is - haven't we still got an expensive air craft carrier that has yet to have any aircraft?
    What experience, you're full of **** and been proved wrong at every juncture? Paid mercenaries, or professional servicemen protecting your right to talk *******s?

You are a ****ing idiot. You are the thickest and most arrogant piece of **** I've ever come across. You are so thick it is painful. I've never known someone so naive. I'm sure you realise this, but anyone with half a brain cell can see right through you. You know **** all about anything. It doesn't surprise me that posters left this site due to you. You may pull the wool over others eyes who are naive in these matters, but everyone else sees through you. Education is free, perhaps you should've paid attention.

I'll take the yellow Andy, it's worth it.

Farage the common mans saviour!

It was always baked into Farage’s rhetoric that if the public voted to leave, the elite would seek to thwart their wishes. The truth, again, is quite otherwise. The political class has strained every tendon to find a way of delivering the undeliverable: of extracting the UK from a 46-year relationship without wrecking its prosperity, security and access to the wider world.

Brexit has failed because the square-circling task is impossible. We must stay, or accept a grievous cost: that is the choice now. But Farage appeals to a primal social instinct: the sensation that the few are, yet again, cheating the many of their unsullied dream. It is not the dream that is at fault, you understand, but those who sabotage it. Just as Marxists insist true communism has never been tried, so Brexiteers declare that their simple plan has been wrecked by weaklings, quislings and fools.
    Showing your true colours here Swale? Posting 3 comments on the brexit thread just as we go 3-1 up and during the dramatic second half. Strange

A bIt sweary, consider yourself ticked off

What experience, you're full of **** and been proved wrong at every juncture? Paid mercenaries, or professional servicemen protecting your right to talk *******s?

You are a ****ing idiot. You are the thickest and most arrogant piece of **** I've ever come across. You are so thick it is painful. I've never known someone so naive. I'm sure you realise this, but anyone with half a brain cell can see right through you. You know **** all about anything. It doesn't surprise me that posters left this site due to you. You may pull the wool over others eyes who are naive in these matters, but everyone else sees through you. Education is free, perhaps you should've paid attention.

well said Adi, it is very hard to convince people who don't listen to the facts so I will just give a quote "We have a legitimate need to protect and enhance our global interests. It is important that we maintain the independent defence capability to do so. We stand the best chance of doing so OUTSIDE THE EU. " Defence Secretary Penny Mordount.

Good luck in the play off final Adi.

well said Adi, it is very hard to convince people who don't listen to the facts so I will just give a quote "We have a legitimate need to protect and enhance our global interests. It is important that we maintain the independent defence capability to do so. We stand the best chance of doing so OUTSIDE THE EU. " Defence Secretary Penny Mordount.

Good luck in the play off final Adi.
    But Penny Mordaunt would say that, claw. She’s an avowed ‘Leave’ campaigner who supported Andrea Leadsom against May back in 2016.

That’s her opinion, no ‘facts’ there and nothing about an EU army either.

As we approach 5,000 posts on this gripping subject, I'd be interested to know whether each of you have either changed your point of view on the Brexit issue or even changed your mind about how you should have voted. My guess is that this forum merely reflects the country as a whole and there has been no give and take on the subject. If so, no wonder there's stagnation

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As we approach 5,000 posts on this gripping subject, I'd be interested to know whether each of you have either changed your point of view on the Brexit issue or even changed your mind about how you should have voted. My guess is that this forum merely reflects the country as a whole and there has been no give and take on the subject. If so, no wonder there's stagnation
    Lol...you’ve changed your mind more than enough for the whole forum, Andy. How’s that fence today?

Page 220 of 248 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast