+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 228 of 922 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328728 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah, right...your usual ever reliable sources then Tricky.

What is my stance on 'exiters' then that so enrages you?

You have a strange concept of democracy and the 'wind of change' you speak of hasn't exactly continued in France and Holland as you predicted has it?

Clearly it isn't over or this wouldn't be by far the biggest and longest lasting thread this forum has ever seen and - more to the point - we wouldn't be facing a second General Election within two years.

You don't 'bring a club to book' by chucking your toys out of the pram and leaving...there's usually only one loser in such circumstances.
    I think the wind of change is still there R - regarding France, and paraphrasing my daily read of choice The Daily Mash 'there was huge relief when only 11 million voted for a racist'. Maybe I'm guilty of climbing on my PC hobby horse again but the wind of change has seen the silent minority find their voice and the world suddenly realising that 'minority' doesn't mean a quarter of one per cent of nothing much, but a bloody big percentage, one that can't be ignored/dismissed.

On a sort of related subject, R4 were discussing the election with a group of referendum remainers this am, and one of those interviewed stated that she was voting Green because they were the only party pushing for a second referendum. when the interviewer politely pointed out that the Libdems were also proposing that, she admitted she didn't know that and didn't know who the Libdem leader was, despite voting for them last time! she wasn't the only one of the group who didn't know, and I'm not sure whether to be angry at the Libdems for rubbish comms or her for being so pathetically ill-informed.

Maybe both Andy...sad indictment of our times.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I started this thread as I'd no idea who should and could run the Country after Cameron stands down, I wondered if there would be a name on this footy board we were all in favour of leading the way for victory, but I can see with no names coming forward that no one thinks that there is a conservative good enough to run the Country.

I wonder if its time for another general election to try and find a candidate who's capable of doing the job.
    Look who was a 'soothsayer' eleven months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Look who was a 'soothsayer' eleven months ago.
    Indeed though one does have to point out that he suugested Farage would be up to the job, he isn't even standing in this election having decided its easier to brown nose Trump, keep taking his MEP salary and no doubt bank the nice severance payments and pension in 2019.

Though of course he pops up now and then with his "helpful" views on Brexit and terrorism!

Every eligible voter was sent a letter one month before the EU referendum I have mine in front of me this is what it says THIS IS YOUR DECISION THE. GOVERNMENT WILL IMPLEMENT WHAT YOU DECIDE NUFF SAID

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Every eligible voter was sent a letter one month before the EU referendum I have mine in front of me this is what it says THIS IS YOUR DECISION THE. GOVERNMENT WILL IMPLEMENT WHAT YOU DECIDE NUFF SAID
    Not really 'Nuff said' mista. There was a 'minority' decision much of which was reached based on lies, but is the government really implementing what was decided anyway? The 'decision' was, I suspect, based largely on fears about immigration and too much bureaucracy along with too little democracy within the EU. When that 'decision' was reached I doubt that people were voting for a weaker pound, higher prices, economic and industrial uncertainty, closer liaison with a lunatic U.S. President and alienation among our geographical neighbours...but that's what's happened.

I agree in respect of the fact that the majority of those who voted voted for Brexit, I suspect there is little consensus on what type of Brexit that should be.

I can give a very current example, where in a interview on radio a resident of the town of Thetford in Norfolk (which has a high immigrant population, ) was explaining that he was in favour of Brexit and voting Tory because the immigrants had taken jobs increased the population of the town and forced house prices up. When it was pointed out to him that there were numerous vacancies and the majority were not low paid jobs, that the town which was an economic backwater for years, was booming because of the A11 dualling making it commutable to cambridge, that business growth was also up and that it was this that fuelled house prices, the guy had nothing to say!

So yes we are heading for Brexit, however, it does not have to be one that is ruinous for the UK economy - people or at least Rog goes on about firms relocating and taking steps to avoid higher taxes, they will do the same and indeed are doing to avoid the effects of a hard Brexit.

The notion that we will negotiate a deal that leaves us no worse off, or that means we wont have some vestiges of EU membership to get a deal that suits us economically is far fetched and the distinct lack of detail from prominent Brexiteer politicians is telling.

As a footnote, Sturgeons gamble that SNP voters favour remain seems to be backfiring!
    Last edited by swaledale; 07-06-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Dear Mrs. May,
    Things are getting a tad silly don't you agree?
    A year ago you told us all we'd be better off in the EU, but not enough people believed you so that foolish Mr. Cameron lost his job.
    Then all the other Tories stabbed each other in the back or said nasty things about you so that you were the only one that seemed sensible enough - despite once running through a wheat field - to become leader.
    Then you told us Brexit was a good thing after all and that we didn't need an election at all.
    Next, about seven weeks ago, you decided to call an election anyway to give you a stronger (and more stable) mandate to deliver the best Brexit deal for Britain.
    Unfortunately not enough people believed you again so now you're in a much weaker position and have to rely on a few regressive Irish politicians who appear opposed to gay rights, women's rights and anything to do with climate change (which apparently doesn't exist) in order to pass any legislation at all.
    Like I said, all a bit silly really. You're credibility is gone and I know you've said you won't resign but, given the number of things you've gone back on in the last twelve months, please feel free to stick with the pattern and change your mind again.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-06-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Nah keep the miserable bugger there so we can laugh every time she says "stable" or "in the national interest". In the meantime lets see how keen she is on a hard brexit, when theres a clear indication that isn't what people want!

It's politics rA and she's a politician!! It's nowt to do with logic, honesty, trustworthiness, reliability or even common sense but rather more to do with me, me ,me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.............well you get the drift!!

Page 228 of 922 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328728 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)