+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 231 of 922 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

I quite liked Cleggy...sorry chaps...and Van Morrison is one of the rudest performers I've ever seen. Seen him four times and he was an arrogant p**** on all but one occasion...the first Knebworth festival. Great songsmith though.

ramAnag. Your right about VM great songwriter but an arrogant prat I smell real trouble ahead in NI but it would be interesting if Sinn Fein changed their stance and stood inn the Commons that would knacker Mays majority

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I quite liked Cleggy...sorry chaps...and Van Morrison is one of the rudest performers I've ever seen. Seen him four times and he was an arrogant p**** on all but one occasion...the first Knebworth festival. Great songsmith though.
    I was/am a Clegg fan too, I saw him as the bloke who reigned in some of the worst excesses of the conservatives during the coalition, NOT their conspirator. He was even gracious at his political execution last week. R, I think you shared with me the hope of a small majority or minority (for either party) this time round, well if so we got what we wished for and what a shame it wasn't the LD's offering support again

Regarding his successor Tim Farren, and a shame (and sad indictment of our topsy-turvy world) that out of fairness, a number of other MPs and prominent politicians weren't pursued/hounded on the same subject.

Edit: yes I've heard that about VM, he's never appeared more than just a bit grumpy to me, and having crossed the path of more people from the wild world of popular music than most here, I doubt he would get into the premier league of prickdom.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 15-06-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I was/am a Clegg fan too, I saw him as the bloke who reigned in some of the worst excesses of the conservatives during the coalition, NOT their conspirator. He was even gracious at his political execution last week. R, I think you shared with me the hope of a small majority or minority (for either party) this time round, well if so we got what we wished for and what a shame it wasn't the LD's offering support again

Regarding his successor Tim Farren, and a shame (and sad indictment of our topsy-turvy world) that out of fairness, a number of other MPs and prominent politicians weren't pursued/hounded on the same subject.

Edit: yes I've heard that about VM, he's never appeared more than just a bit grumpy to me, and having crossed the path of more people from the wild world of popular music than most here, I doubt he would get into the premier league of prickdom.
    Not sure I'd describe myself as a 'fan' but I do agree about him 'reigning' in the Tory excesses during the coalition Goernment. Thought the LibDems campaign was a bit disappointing. Agree Farron was given a harder time over his personal beliefs than the other leaders but his interview with Andrew Neil was a bit of a car crash and he did become almost 'Pythonesque' in his desire to avoid answering the question that was asked.
    Vince Cable next anyone?
    As for Van the Man - not as LibDem leader - first saw him at Manchester Free Trade Hall when I was still at school where he walked off stage and refused to come back on until one or two people stopped taking photographs of him. At the Assembly Rooms he did an hour long set exactly and didn't speak. Not much better at Warwick Castle a few years later and yet at Knebworth's 'Bucolic Frolic' (43 years ago next month...aaargh) he was charm personified. Still...anyone who created 'Astral Weeks' - one of my all time favourite albums - and 'Tupelo Honey' amongst many, many others can't be that bad. Just a pity when we discover those we look up to being so flawed...still, at least he's managed to stay alive.

Not sure I'd describe myself as a 'fan' but I do agree about him 'reigning' in the Tory excesses during the coalition Goernment. Thought the LibDems campaign was a bit disappointing. Agree Farron was given a harder time over his personal beliefs than the other leaders but his interview with Andrew Neil was a bit of a car crash and he did become almost 'Pythonesque' in his desire to avoid answering the question that was asked.
    Vince Cable next anyone?
    As for Van the Man - not as LibDem leader - first saw him at Manchester Free Trade Hall when I was still at school where he walked off stage and refused to come back on until one or two people stopped taking photographs of him. At the Assembly Rooms he did an hour long set exactly and didn't speak. Not much better at Warwick Castle a few years later and yet at Knebworth's 'Bucolic Frolic' (43 years ago next month...aaargh) he was charm personified. Still...anyone who created 'Astral Weeks' - one of my all time favourite albums - and 'Tupelo Honey' amongst many, many others can't be that bad. Just a pity when we discover those we look up to being so flawed...still, at least he's managed to stay alive.
    I've seen VM live three times - the first was at 1989 Princes Trust gig, which I only went to because I had free tix off one of the less well known members of Level 42. Van shambled on stage and I nearly headed for the bar, he looked more fit for the allotment than the stage, but then BAM! Orangefield with a full orchestra, and he had a lifelong fan. I saw him later at NEC (brilliant) and Notts Theatre Royal (completely unengaging, and notable as my eldest sister's only ever gig). His albums NEVER let me down though, and Tupelo Honey is a belter, and surprisingly features my fave cock-rock band Montrose (or some of them) in the musicians' credits. Sorry, were we on politics?

You did Knebworth 74 - I did Knebworth 76 headlined by the Stones and Lynyrd Skynyrd....... what a pair of old farts we are!

Cable? Well everyone else seems to have had a go, and there aren't many to pick from!

I will go for Layla Moran as she has nice glasses and was named after a fine album - Layla & Other Assorted MP's is a good strapline for the party. The fact that there are more "Other Assorted Love Songs" than there are "Other Assorted MPs" is rather unfortunate. Side 1 Track 4 applies.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    You did Knebworth 74 - I did Knebworth 76 headlined by the Stones and Lynyrd Skynyrd....... what a pair of old farts we are!

Cable? Well everyone else seems to have had a go, and there aren't many to pick from!

I will go for Layla Moran as she has nice glasses and was named after a fine album - Layla & Other Assorted MP's is a good strapline for the party. The fact that there are more "Other Assorted Love Songs" than there are "Other Assorted MPs" is rather unfortunate. Side 1 Track 4 applies.
    Okay 'Junior'...I did...must have been a babe in arms...and '78 too. I think the '74 ticket cost £2.75!!! Doubtless you'll be able to translate that into today's equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag. Your right about VM great songwriter but an arrogant prat I smell real trouble ahead in NI but it would be interesting if Sinn Fein changed their stance and stood inn the Commons that would knacker Mays majority
    I agree about NI mista. One of the most worrying aspects of current domestic politics imo...especially for those of us that remember the complications and troubles through the '60's - '80's. The last thing we need right now is any sort of return to Irish based terrorism.

I agree about NI mista. One of the most worrying aspects of current domestic politics imo...especially for those of us that remember the complications and troubles through the '60's - '80's. The last thing we need right now is any sort of return to Irish based terrorism.
    They could compete with ISIS for who does it best. irish technically would be ahead I suspect but ISIS would have the edge on commitment

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    They could compete with ISIS for who does it best. irish technically would be ahead I suspect but ISIS would have the edge on commitment
    Lets hope its never put to the test, although I concur with your 'pre-match', and would add sheer numbers in ISIS' favour

Page 231 of 922 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331731 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)