+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 232 of 922 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332732 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay 'Junior'...I did...must have been a babe in arms...and '78 too. I think the '74 ticket cost £2.75!!! Doubtless you'll be able to translate that into today's equivalent.
    Knebworth 79 for me and a reputed 249,999 others, Chas'N'Dave (brilliant), Marshall Tucker Band (asleep), Fairport convention's last gig (lol), Southside Johnny (brilliant), Utopia, (technically brilliant), New Barbarians (turned up a week late) and then the mighty Led Zeppelin, sloppy as hell but absolute magick IMO. Popped an alternator on the way down so drove 3/4 of the way on sidelights

Stones headlined for mine - long set but they farted around for ages getting the set together and so it was a late finish.

Lynyrd Skynyrd brilliant in what turned out to be their last ever gig in the UK before the plane crash took the heart and soul of the band away. 10cc (whose last gig it was supposed to be) were inoffensive but not that great. Todd Rundgren (Utopia) were excellent - I think they did 4 or 5 successive Knebworths so rA probably saw them too. Hot Tuna (a spinoff from Jefferson Airplane) were excellent and the warm up act I mostly missed but opinion at the time was that we hadnt missed much. Cant even remember who they were.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Stones headlined for mine - long set but they farted around for ages getting the set together and so it was a late finish.

Lynyrd Skynyrd brilliant in what turned out to be their last ever gig in the UK before the plane crash took the heart and soul of the band away. 10cc (whose last gig it was supposed to be) were inoffensive but not that great. Todd Rundgren (Utopia) were excellent - I think they did 4 or 5 successive Knebworths so rA probably saw them too. Hot Tuna (a spinoff from Jefferson Airplane) were excellent and the warm up act I mostly missed but opinion at the time was that we hadnt missed much. Cant even remember who they were.
    I'm having a Lynyrd Skynyrd song played at my funeral (no its not booked quite yet)

Ha...we could be the 'Knebworth Boys'...with Roger's avatar he's already only one vowel out.
    No Todd Rundgren for me...Tim Buckley got that gig followed by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Van the Man in a rare good mood, the Doobie Brothers and the wonderful Allman Brothers at the top of the bill.

Top event but, imo, not as good as Blackbushe four years later.

Strange how we get to festivals from Brexit via Northern Ireland.

I was at Blackbushe too. Still got the T shirt somewhere. Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan on one night....

I was at Blackbushe too. Still got the T shirt somewhere. Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan on one night....
    Feel like I'm being stalked.
    Graham Parker and Joan Armatrading were good too but tbh I can't remember anything about Lake. Clapton and Dylan...didn't get much better than that in those days...thirty eight years and eleven months ago to the day. How did that happen?

You did Knebworth 74 - I did Knebworth 76 headlined by the Stones and Lynyrd Skynyrd....... what a pair of old farts we are!

Cable? Well everyone else seems to have had a go, and there aren't many to pick from!

I will go for Layla Moran as she has nice glasses and was named after a fine album - Layla & Other Assorted MP's is a good strapline for the party. The fact that there are more "Other Assorted Love Songs" than there are "Other Assorted MPs" is rather unfortunate. Side 1 Track 4 applies.
    Now your talking Rog, Knebworth 76, 250,000 singing "star ****er" oh those were the days! Also Jefferson Starship minus Grace Slick (which was a disappointment) who had a strop and refused to play with them. Skynyrd were excellent but within one year half the band had departed this earth when their plane ran out of fuel!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm having a Lynyrd Skynyrd song played at my funeral (no its not booked quite yet)
    Tuesdays Gone? 'cept yer name isn't Tuesday but hey ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I was/am a Clegg fan too, I saw him as the bloke who reigned in some of the worst excesses of the conservatives during the coalition, NOT their conspirator. He was even gracious at his political execution last week. R, I think you shared with me the hope of a small majority or minority (for either party) this time round, well if so we got what we wished for and what a shame it wasn't the LD's offering support again

Regarding his successor Tim Farren, and a shame (and sad indictment of our topsy-turvy world) that out of fairness, a number of other MPs and prominent politicians weren't pursued/hounded on the same subject.

Edit: yes I've heard that about VM, he's never appeared more than just a bit grumpy to me, and having crossed the path of more people from the wild world of popular music than most here, I doubt he would get into the premier league of prickdom.
    Farren was weak and evasive and frankly no loss, Clegg reigned in the worst excesses of the Tories??? Mm so austerity never happened then?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Now your talking Rog, Knebworth 76, 250,000 singing "star ****er" oh those were the days! Also Jefferson Starship minus Grace Slick (which was a disappointment) who had a strop and refused to play with them. Skynyrd were excellent but within one year half the band had departed this earth when their plane ran out of fuel!
    I used to entertain secret and wild fantasies about Grace Slick. Strangely she's about 77 now...so they must have been my first 'significantly older woman' fantasies. I don't know how any of that happened either especially as I'm still only 25 but she was gorgeous.

...and returning to reality...oh 'austerity' happened Swale - still is happening - but might it not have been worse without Clegg?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-06-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Page 232 of 922 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332732 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)