+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 234 of 922 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    How politely put Adi. Not a sweeping statement though...just factual. I regularly agree with most of what you write but on this issue we'll have to disagree. Perhaps you could share the 'good signs' or tell me of one good thing that has happened to this country in the last year...other than a reduced Tory majority.
    The value of my company shares have increased by around 30%, after 11 years of investing in them via my wages, this is most welcome and an indication that there is confidence in the industry I work for.

More an indication that the falling pound has increase shares which are largely priced in dollars on the world market - unfortunately lower wages, higher costs and a stagnant economy may well mean that any apparent gain will be offset by losses. Fortunately all the political upheaval seems to have brought people to their senses and the focus is on a brexit deal which focuses on jobs and the economy, that its also increasingly likely that there will be a transition phase for up to 5 years, means that the worst possible outcomes may well be avoided.

ramAnag. There are some good signs in the last year. Camaron gone Camara gone McLaren.gone Rush gone Trump visit cancelled Queens speech with nothing in it and cancelled for next year Manage to increase the population by another 538,000according to today's ONS figures and they are just the ones they know about So a bit less gloom please 😃😃

We got rid of 'Brolly Man'!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag. There are some good signs in the last year. Camaron gone Camara gone McLaren.gone Rush gone Trump visit cancelled Queens speech with nothing in it and cancelled for next year Manage to increase the population by another 538,000according to today's ONS figures and they are just the ones they know about So a bit less gloom please 😃😃
    Half a million a year just has to stop, its bonkers. I repeat what I've said before, I love my fellow man so long as he comes in peace, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, but a million every two years is IMO the main reason our public services are creaking, we appear to need extra immigrants just to service the extra immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag. There are some good signs in the last year. Camaron gone Camara gone McLaren.gone Rush gone Trump visit cancelled Queens speech with nothing in it and cancelled for next year Manage to increase the population by another 538,000according to today's ONS figures and they are just the ones they know about So a bit less gloom please ����
    Well the football stuff and the postponement of Trump's visit I'll agree with. I was though talking politically and, apart from Adi's shares and Swale's increased optimism about the type of Brexit we might face, I note no one is really disagreeing. Add to that the fact that our Foreign Secretary no less gave the type of interview yesterday that would have made Diane Abbot look competent - very little said incidentally - and I see few grounds for optimism except that his inane ramblings have perhaps put an end to Bozo's chances of becoming the next PM.

Politically I am in agreement with you RA... mostly

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well the football stuff and the postponement of Trump's visit I'll agree with. I was though talking politically and, apart from Adi's shares and Swale's increased optimism about the type of Brexit we might face, I note no one is really disagreeing. Add to that the fact that our Foreign Secretary no less gave the type of interview yesterday that would have made Diane Abbot look competent - very little said incidentally - and I see few grounds for optimism except that his inane ramblings have perhaps put an end to Bozo's chances of becoming the next PM.
    You're right, Boris' performance was a disaster, it came on just as I switched the car radio ob and I thought I'd timeshifted into an episode of Dead Ringers. I expected it to be ALL OVER the news when I got home. Instead, nothing....

Eddie Mair is great, but sometimes his quest for perfection in cool sarcasm gets in the way of him REALLY going in for the kill which he could have done, and which Boz would have deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Half a million a year just has to stop, its bonkers. I repeat what I've said before, I love my fellow man so long as he comes in peace, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, but a million every two years is IMO the main reason our public services are creaking, we appear to need extra immigrants just to service the extra immigrants.
    Well no we need immigrants to serve the increasingly older population , so if we stop, then who exactly is going to fill the vacant jobs and pay the taxes necessary to pay the pensions and increasing health costs that our ageing population requires and creates?

The main reason our public services are creaking may just have something to do with the savage cuts inflicted? Viz 46,000 or 20% less Police since 2010 and numerous other examples where people blithely nod their heads and say thats fine until something affects them!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well no we need immigrants to serve the increasingly older population , so if we stop, then who exactly is going to fill the vacant jobs and pay the taxes necessary to pay the pensions and increasing health costs that our ageing population requires and creates?
    thats far too simplistic, people aren't just a drain on the state when they reach 65! what's needed to pay the pensions isn't immigrants its money, and that can be generated in many ways - taxes for a start

Page 234 of 922 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334734 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)