+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 243 of 922 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Did you take Swale with you Rog?

No 'dare' involved Andy...I may be somewhat 'left leaning' but don't believe in 'towing the party line'. Like you, I call it as I see it and hope to make some sort of sense.
    Maybe not dare on this forum but the amount of trolling of those expressing a voice of reason on other forums is out of control. most of it just bigotted, some insulting and sometimes scarily so

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Maybe not dare on this forum but the amount of trolling of those expressing a voice of reason on other forums is out of control. most of it just bigotted, some insulting and sometimes scarily so
    Have to take your word for it AF. I don't go on any other forums...better things to do. 'Trolling' is just being repeatedly annoying or abusive via the internet isn't it? Can see how it's irritating, but scary? They're just keyboard wa****s aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Have to take your word for it AF. I don't go on any other forums...better things to do. 'Trolling' is just being repeatedly annoying or abusive via the internet isn't it? Can see how it's irritating, but scary? They're just keyboard wa****s aren't they?
    I have a friend who makes his living in 'division 2' of the music biz (been on Jools, does a one hour Americana show on a national DAB radio station, been featured a lot in national magazines etc) who has been pushed towards bankruptcy, and briefly had to move his wife (and dogs) out of their house, after a facebook et al tirade against him reached 'the wrong people'. His crime? His wife made the mistake of suggesting that a black facebook friend of ours, who'd gone off on a pretty extreme anti-white, should 'tone it down a bit'. And I'm not making a black/white point, just a social media troll point

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I have a friend who makes his living in 'division 2' of the music biz (been on Jools, does a one hour Americana show on a national DAB radio station, been featured a lot in national magazines etc) who has been pushed towards bankruptcy, and briefly had to move his wife (and dogs) out of their house, after a facebook et al tirade against him reached 'the wrong people'. His crime? His wife made the mistake of suggesting that a black facebook friend of ours, who'd gone off on a pretty extreme anti-white, should 'tone it down a bit'. And I'm not making a black/white point, just a social media troll point
    Fair enough. Not a 'world' I inhabit at all, never been on Facebook in my life. Can't see that changing especially after your account above. Can appreciate the 'scarily so' point now...suppose there are extremists and those who take things too far in all walks of life.

Hurrah another "never been on Facebook" person. Ive never seen Star Wars either. I feel better for both.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Hurrah another "never been on Facebook" person. Ive never seen Star Wars either. I feel better for both.
    Lucky buggers, its a necessary evil with me to support my musical hobby/semi-business interest

Ramjet and RamAnag...the two Facebook virgins. Mrs. NagaRam shows me FB things occasionally but it never encourages participation.
    Wonder what else people have never done. I've never come away from Wembley happy!

I have never eaten cheese on toast in the foothills of Kanchenjunga in the company of three nubile paraguayan virgins whilst listening to gamelan music.

But I did go to the West Brom playoff game as well as the other 2 which are best not spoken of.

I have never eaten cheese on toast in the foothills of Kanchenjunga in the company of three nubile paraguayan virgins whilst listening to gamelan music.

But I did go to the West Brom playoff game as well as the other 2 which are best not spoken of.
    I've never seen Derby lose to Leeds (when I've actually been there) - a 27 match run. I was covering for someone at a record shop in town when Frannie met Norman, I was ill when that South African who's name I can't recall (Harry Kuhl?) cheated his way to a last minute pen to beat us in the 90's, I'm sure there are others. Wish I could say the same about Forest but I've seen us lose one in 25 there, a 2-1 defeat away late 80's on that godawful open terracing at the City Hovel, got bloody soaked and took a Canadian workmate (who's only footy experience was watching in his homeland where his family would take a picnic to the game!) who was so scared by being in such a rowdy environment he left at half time...

Cheese on toast! I'd have wanted a bacon sandwich for that scenario to work.
    Was in Rome for the West Brom match...running up a big phone bill. My Wembley record is P3 W0 D0 L3.

Page 243 of 922 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343743 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)