+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 244 of 922 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've never seen Derby lose to Leeds (when I've actually been there) - a 27 match run. I was covering for someone at a record shop in town when Frannie met Norman, I was ill when that South African who's name I can't recall (Harry Kuhl?) cheated his way to a last minute pen to beat us in the 90's, I'm sure there are others. Wish I could say the same about Forest but I've seen us lose one in 25 there, a 2-1 defeat away late 80's on that godawful open terracing at the City Hovel, got bloody soaked and took a Canadian workmate (who's only footy experience was watching in his homeland where his family would take a picnic to the game!) who was so scared by being in such a rowdy environment he left at half time...
    Think Harry Kewell was Australian, Andy. No relation to Martin Kuhl though.

So, a year and a day on from the 'birth' of this thread, Dominic Cummings, who directed the 'Vote Leave' campaign and dreamt up the infamous '£350m to the NHS' bus logo is now quoted - in today's Independent - as saying 'leaving the EU may be an error' and that the referendum was a 'dumb idea'.
    Can we please come to our senses before it is too late?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So, a year and a day on from the 'birth' of this thread, Dominic Cummings, who directed the 'Vote Leave' campaign and dreamt up the infamous '£350m to the NHS' bus logo is now quoted - in today's Independent - as saying 'leaving the EU may be an error' and that the referendum was a 'dumb idea'.
    On a barely related issue, did you see 'The Betrayed Girls' last night? I obviously took a keen interest in view of my one-man crusade against political correctness, but the shocking thing to me was that the BBC, through clenched teeth, called fire on their own position as over-protective of certain aspects of life, and admitted that 'The BNP were right'.

On a barely related issue, did you see 'The Betrayed Girls' last night? I obviously took a keen interest in view of my one-man crusade against political correctness, but the shocking thing to me was that the BBC, through clenched teeth, called fire on their own position as over-protective of certain aspects of life, and admitted that 'The BNP were right'.
    Barely related Andy? Totally unrelated I'd say. I did see it, and the drama that preceded it a couple of months ago. Political correctness has a lot to answer for in that particular case. Not sure you're a 'one man crusade' though and don't agree the BNP were right either. They needed a stick to beat the Pakistani community with and the PC brigade gave them one by ignoring/concealing the allegations in the first place.

Barely related Andy? Totally unrelated I'd say. I did see it, and the drama that preceded it a couple of months ago. Political correctness has a lot to answer for in that particular case. Not sure you're a 'one man crusade' though and don't agree the BNP were right either. They needed a stick to beat the Pakistani community with and the PC brigade gave them one by ignoring/concealing the allegations in the first place.
    Yes I agree with that assessment and for every Pakistani taxi driver there was a celebrity DJ or Catholic Priest and it is related because I think a silent minority voted Leave in the referendum as a 'free hit' against 'the establishment' who they saw as protecting those who least deserved it

Yes I agree with that assessment and for every Pakistani taxi driver there was a celebrity DJ or Catholic Priest and it is related because I think a silent minority voted Leave in the referendum as a 'free hit' against 'the establishment' who they saw as protecting those who least deserved it
    Ah, yes...take your point. DJ's, pop stars, Catholic Priests, MP's, senior police officers, judges, cadet leaders etc. Actually the DJ's and pop stars seem to have been held more accountable than the rest.
    Sadly white middle aged males are apparently the most likely perpetrators of child abuse but they are infinitely more solitary than the, predominantly, Pakistani grooming gangs.
    Unfortunately that 'free hit' you speak of really is in danger of backfiring with dreadful economic consequences for us all.

He was an idiot then, and he's an idiot now. The bus just fuelled the generic remainer patronising feeling of superiority (not by you, but in many many quarters) by being so stupid, and he's hardly helping his case again is he?

Ah, yes...take your point. DJ's, pop stars, Catholic Priests, MP's, senior police officers, judges, cadet leaders etc. Actually the DJ's and pop stars seem to have been held more accountable than the rest.
    Sadly white middle aged males are apparently the most likely perpetrators of child abuse but they are infinitely more solitary than the, predominantly, Pakistani grooming gangs.
    Unfortunately that 'free hit' you speak of really is in danger of backfiring with dreadful economic consequences for us all.
    Ramanag, whilst not having a go at you, can I just tell you "my" stance on this?

1. we joined a common market for free trade, to simplify everything
    2. since then we have been sucked into a project, that has a goal- the United States of Europe
    3. that has been hijacked into a common European law/free movement of members/ a new currency/ a new army/ a flood of migrants accepted so easily throughout the community(don't get me started on Merkel)/an ever closer devolution of sovereign powers
    4. Until the project is complete and there is no turning back

All this new interfering protection has inflamed the general public in so many ways, until the tipping point was reached. "ENOUGH"

Now I accept, there will be economic consequences and it will rock the boat. But I'll be damned if I sit on my hands and allow it to smother even more of this countries rights and individuality to satisfy a "project" not born in this country.

We was "CONNED" in 1974 and we have been slowly manipulated ever since.

The fall of the EU for me, will come from the newest members. They like the sudden economic surges they have had, but fight back against the "projects" ideals. ie. immigration/laws and free movement/payments.

Just wait and see in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ramanag, whilst not having a go at you, can I just tell you "my" stance on this?

1. we joined a common market for free trade, to simplify everything
    2. since then we have been sucked into a project, that has a goal- the United States of Europe
    3. that has been hijacked into a common European law/free movement of members/ a new currency/ a new army/ a flood of migrants accepted so easily throughout the community(don't get me started on Merkel)/an ever closer devolution of sovereign powers
    4. Until the project is complete and there is no turning back

All this new interfering protection has inflamed the general public in so many ways, until the tipping point was reached. "ENOUGH"

Now I accept, there will be economic consequences and it will rock the boat. But I'll be damned if I sit on my hands and allow it to smother even more of this countries rights and individuality to satisfy a "project" not born in this country.

We was "CONNED" in 1974 and we have been slowly manipulated ever since.

The fall of the EU for me, will come from the newest members. They like the sudden economic surges they have had, but fight back against the "projects" ideals. ie. immigration/laws and free movement/payments.

Just wait and see in my opinion.
    Never thought you were 'having a go' Tricky. Doesn't really matter if you are but as far as I'm concerned we just disagree.

I'm not really one who believes in 'wait and see' especially when there seems to be an ever increasinging belief that we're making a dreadful mistake.
    As I've said many times before, I'm not a fan of everything to do with the EU but I do believe we're better in than out. This seems to be a view shared by many business leaders who I'm sure know more than you and I.
    I agree that the EU has changed out of all recognition from what was 'on offer' in 1974 but I honestly struggle to think of any of my 'rights' that have been overturned as a result of our membership.

Did you take Swale with you Rog?

No 'dare' involved Andy...I may be somewhat 'left leaning' but don't believe in 'towing the party line'. Like you, I call it as I see it and hope to make some sort of sense.

Funnily enough i too have been visiting our northern friends or in my case family, though not with Rog!

Anyway Anag, I realised why I resolved to stop posting on this thread. What with peoples opinions based on the tripe shovelled out by rags such as the mail, Express and Sun, the inability to recognise and understand economics (despite some being right wing free marketeers! But then i guess a free market is fine until its effects seem to be negative! Plus being told that researched facts are my opinion and that my political allegiance (I don't actually have one other than to recognise that untramelled capitalism is fine if your rich, government both local and national provides services which we all require and that private business sups at the table of government largess more than it cares to admit! Oh and that immigration is not THE problem, but being used as a scapegoat.

Anyway I'm off back to the football threads as a discussion with people who don't bother to check facts does not interest me.

Page 244 of 922 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344744 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)