+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 275 of 922 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I thought you wanted this thread to die MoP.
    I'm saddened...I think you're a great poster...especially about football!
    Tbf you also started the longest thread in DCM history but to actually 'trust' Farage is deeply concerning.
    The 'man' may be a legend to you...but don't forget...legends are usually synonymous with myths (Robin Hood wasn't actually real). To me I'm not afraid to say that, imo, he's a lying, duplicitous, attention seeking, self serving, arrogant, dishonest, untrustworthy and objectionable little toad who has done more damage to this country in the last few years than any other single individual and has got where he has via blatant hypocrisy and playing on the fears of the gullible.
    We seem some distance apart on this one.
    The man is Marmite!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    The man is Marmite!
    Nah...I like Marmite.

You could have a point though...he does have much in common with a yeast infection...utterly unwanted but difficult to get rid of.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-09-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Nah...I like Marmite.

You could have a point though...he does have much in common with a yeast infection...utterly unwanted but difficult to get rid of.
    I don't usually get involved that much with politics, religion or race matters as I don't think there are any winners. As with this Brexit thread, folk get pissed off because people don't agree with their views and keep coming back on to try and prove their own point, the problem is they'll never prove their point as as someone else will totally disagree and try show you that they are right and you were wrong and the posts keep coming. It'll never have a winner. That's why this Brexit thread has over 2,700 replies and has been viewed over 84,350 times. I do like the bloke though as do as do another 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I don't usually get involved that much with politics, religion or race matters as I don't think there are any winners. As with this Brexit thread, folk get pissed off because people don't agree with their views and keep coming back on to try and prove their own point, the problem is they'll never prove their point as as someone else will totally disagree and try show you that they are right and you were wrong and the posts keep coming. It'll never have a winner. That's why this Brexit thread has over 2,700 replies and has been viewed over 84,350 times. I do like the bloke though as do as do another 50%.
    Hmmm...for a chap who claims not to get 'involved in politics, religion or race...', you haven't done badly with this thread which you started and have now rekindled.
    I agree though that there are no winners with Brexit, not in this country anyway, as has been proved since June 23rd last year.
    Seriously unsure of how you conclude that 50% of folk like Farage. He's stood for Parliament seven times...lost every time and, even including his better showing last time out, has only managed support averaging 11.1% overall.
    Even in the European Parliament elections, which he's made a great living out of seeking to destroy and which people were totally disinterested in until it was too late, he only averages support of 17.1%.
    Anyway, we'll have to differ. Master of self publicity, maybe. Intellectual, emotional and political dwarf as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-09-2017 at 01:54 PM.

I thought you wanted this thread to die MoP.
    I'm saddened...I think you're a great poster...especially about football!
    Tbf you also started the longest thread in DCM history but to actually 'trust' Farage is deeply concerning.
    The 'man' may be a legend to you...but don't forget...legends are usually synonymous with myths (Robin Hood wasn't actually real). To me I'm not afraid to say that, imo, he's a lying, duplicitous, attention seeking, self serving, arrogant, dishonest, untrustworthy and objectionable little toad who has done more damage to this country in the last few years than any other single individual and has got where he has via blatant hypocrisy and playing on the fears of the gullible.
    We seem some distance apart on this one.
    That's tosh, of course RH was real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyYr6L5xQM

Hmmm...for a chap who claims not to get 'involved in politics, religion or race...', you haven't done badly with this thread which you started and have now rekindled.
    I agree though that there are no winners with Brexit, not in this country anyway, as has been proved since June 23rd last year.
    Seriously unsure of how you conclude that 50% of folk like Farage. He's stood for Parliament seven times...lost every time and, even including his better showing last time out, has only managed support averaging 11.1% overall.
    Even in the European Parliament elections, which he's made a great living out of seeking to destroy and which people were totally disinterested in until it was too late, he only averages support of 17.1%.
    Anyway, we'll have to differ.
    Seriously though Ramanag. Is it not concerning that what he said years ago, is now being spoken openly by the commander in chief of EUSSR?
    He was mocked, called a liar and ridiculed. Swale said the European army was a fantasy. The super state idea was scoffed at. All was not what it seemed after all. One president/ a financial over lord/one currency/one law. WOW, just WOW

Aye Tricky...course he was real...and there's historical (tourist trap) evidence to suggest he came from Loxley (Sheffield), Nottingham, Hathersage, Lincoln and Doncaster amongst others. The Lone Ranger has as much credibility and don't tell me Tonto wasn't real.

As for your other point...you do know that your hero Winston Churchill was amongst the first to call for a 'United States of Europe' don't you?

Aye Tricky...course he was real...and there's historical (tourist trap) evidence to suggest he came from Loxley (Sheffield), Nottingham, Hathersage, Lincoln and Doncaster amongst others. The Lone Ranger has as much credibility and don't tell me Tonto wasn't real.

As for your other point...you do know that your hero Winston Churchill was amongst the first to call for a 'United States of Europe' don't you?
    The film is there, what more proof do you need?

And Churchill survived in politics as what?
    He was a good war leader ( ironically sorting Germany out). Yet amounted to nothing in peace time.

Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The film is there, what more proof do you need?

And Churchill survived in politics as what?
    He was a good war leader ( ironically sorting Germany out). Yet amounted to nothing in peace time.

Case closed.
    You see ramanag, that comment is exactly what I talk about by only printing a comment. Look at what was actually said and the wording.
    In the summer of 1930, inspired by the ideas being floated by Aristide Briand and by his recent tour of the US in the autumn of 1929, Churchill wrote an article lamenting the instability which had been caused by the independence of Poland and the disintegration of Austria-Hungary into petty states, and called for a "United States of Europe", although he wrote that Britain was "with Europe but not of it".[291]

Ideas about closer European union continued to circulate, driven by Paul-Henri Spaak, from 1942 onwards.[292] As early as March 1943 a Churchill speech on postwar reconstruction annoyed the US administration not only by not mentioning China as a great power but by proposing a purely European "Council of Europe". Harry Hopkins passed on President Roosevelt's concerns, warning Eden that it would "give free ammunition to (US) isolationists" who might propose an American "regional council". Churchill urged Eden, on a visit to the US at the time, to "listen politely" but give "no countenance" to Roosevelt's proposals for the US, UK, USSR and Chiang Kai-shek's China to act together to enforce "Global Collective Security" with the Japanese and French Empires taken into international trusteeship.[293]

Now out of office, Churchill gave a speech at Zurich on 19 September 1946 in which he called for "a kind of United States of Europe" centred around a Franco-German partnership, with Britain and the Commonwealth, and perhaps the US, as "friends and sponsors of the new Europe". The Times wrote of him "startling the world" with "outrageous propositions" and warned that there was as yet little appetite for such unity, and that he appeared to be assuming a permanent division between Eastern and Western Europe, and urged "more humdrum" economic agreements. Churchill's speech was praised by Leo Amery and by Count Coudenhove-Kalergi who wrote that it would galvanise governments into action.[294][295]

Churchill expressed similar sentiments at a meeting of the Primrose League at the Albert Hall on 18 May 1947. He declared "let Europe arise" but was "absolutely clear" that "we shall allow no wedge to be driven between Britain and the United States". Churchill's speeches helped to encourage the foundation of the Council of Europe.[295][296]

In June 1950, Churchill was strongly critical of the Attlee Government's failure to send British representatives to Paris (to discuss the Schuman Plan for setting up the European Coal and Steel Community), declaring that les absents ont toujours tort and calling it "a squalid attitude" which "derange(d) the balance of Europe", and risked Germany dominating the new grouping. He called for world unity through the UN (against the backdrop of the communist invasion of South Korea), while stressing that Britain was uniquely placed to exert leadership through her links to the Commonwealth, the US and Europe.[297] However, Churchill did not want Britain to actually join any federal grouping.[298][299][300] In September 1951 a declaration of the American, French and British foreign ministers welcomed the Schuman plan, stressing that it would revive economic growth and encourage the development of a democratic Germany, part of the Atlantic community.[301]

Tricky...I only bring this up because Daily Express reading Brexiteers such as yourself seem fixated with identifying the iconic image of Churchill with the Brexit cause. In other ways it actually has little relevance to what we are currently being dragged towards by the increasingly isolated and idiotic looking David Davis but here are a few quotes.

In 1930 Churchill wrote...

'The concept of a United States of Europe is right.'

'We are bound to further every honest and practical step which the nations of Europe may make to reduce barriers which divide them and to nourish their common interests and their common welfare.'

Thirty years on he wrote...

'I think that the Government is right to apply to join the EEC.'

'We might well play a great part in these developments to the profit of not only ourselves but of our European friends also.'

Finally, just two years before his death in early 1965 he wrote...

'The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.'

Hardly an anti-European was he? Not totally relevant today perhaps but the message is clear...Britain and Europe are stronger working together. As it happens I am currently in Andalusia and cannot imagine a culture less dominated by your mythical EUSSR...a place where Spanish, Dutch, Poles, Germans, a few French and plenty of Brits just get on together with only a few disbelieving comments regarding our arrogance at imagining we are the 'special ones' who can go it alone and wriggle out of the deal's we committed to.

Page 275 of 922 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375775 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)