+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 280 of 922 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

See the terrible twosome, Gove and Johnson are back in cahoots. Are this pair of back stabbers, who repeatedly put personal ambition and ego before the national interest, really what the Brexiteers had in mind as leaders or are they just the personification of all that is wrong with British politics?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    See the terrible twosome, Gove and Johnson are back in cahoots. Are this pair of back stabbers, who repeatedly put personal ambition and ego before the national interest, really what the Brexiteers had in mind as leaders or are they just the personification of all that is wrong with British politics?
    Let me fix that for you:

"...are they just the personification of all that is wrong with politics?"

See the terrible twosome, Gove and Johnson are back in cahoots. Are this pair of back stabbers, who repeatedly put personal ambition and Lego before the national interest, really what the Brexiteers had in mind as leaders or are they just the personification of all that is wrong with British politics?
    Well it is near Christmas so time to invest in Danish moulded plastic bricks.

Im not sure that they are any better than any other politician Ive known in my life so far. I fear your idealism is just that rA

The day will never arrive when everything is right with politics. Politics is about who gets what and how they get it. The trouble is the 'who' and the 'they' is the politicians!!

I wonder if a change of Prime Minister, will result in a change to Brexit, the UK can still at any time before March 2019, scrap Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Well it is near Christmas so time to invest in Danish moulded plastic bricks.

Im not sure that they are any better than any other politician Ive known in my life so far. I fear your idealism is just that rA
    Nothing wrong with a bit of idealism Rog...but really...no ‘better’ - I presume you mean ‘worse’ - than any other politician? I know we all struggle to find a decent one but these two really do seem to have plumbed new depths in terms of honesty, morality and competence.

Nothing wrong with a bit of idealism Rog...but really...no ‘better’ - I presume you mean ‘worse’ - than any other politician? I know we all struggle to find a decent one but these two really do seem to have plumbed new depths in terms of honesty, morality and competence.
    I think your current beef about Brexit blinds you to the past RA, and I'm not being party-political about it, as I believe the tail-end of the Major government were a massive order of magnitude more corrupt. The end of the Brown/Blair government were knocking on the door in terms of honesty and competence too, and the tag-end of the Callaghan govt's incompetence allowed the tail to wag the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think your current beef about Brexit blinds you to the past RA, and I'm not being party-political about it, as I believe the tail-end of the Major government were a massive order of magnitude more corrupt. The end of the Brown/Blair government were knocking on the door in terms of honesty and competence too, and the tag-end of the Callaghan govt's incompetence allowed the tail to wag the dog.
    I hope I’m not being ‘blind’ to anything about all this Andy. You’re right, I do find myself diametrically opposed to virtually everything these two say, but I honestly can’t remember two senior politicians ever behaving with such blatant disregard for creating a public persona of a pair of duplicitous and disloyal egoists.

I hope I’m not being ‘blind’ to anything about all this Andy. You’re right, I do find myself diametrically opposed to virtually everything these two say, but I honestly can’t remember two senior politicians ever behaving with such blatant disregard for creating a public persona of a pair of duplicitous and disloyal egoists.
    I may share your disgust, just saying they are a long way from being the only ones, then or now. IMO the biggest egotist of the recent past was David Cameron for taking a bet with UK as collateral

Speaking as someone who gains double nationality on December 15th I see the EU as something to be dismantled as it is an unwieldy, undemocratic and out of control monolith.

Revert to pre Maastricht and the EEG (Common Market) when it was a free trade area.

What irks me is that they lied for 50 years about a US of E not being the end game when exactly that was the idea of the French and Germans from day 1.

They pooh poohed reports from conspiracy theorists about the advent of a European army but that is now being created.

It is, IMO, yet another step towards putting ore and more wealth and power into the hands of fewer and fewer people. A New World Order if you will.

The whole business of globalisation needs reversing to keep the top 1% from "enslaving" the rest of us.

Page 280 of 922 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380780 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)