+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 300 of 922 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400800 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

With the "before profit" tag he wont need a Chancellor

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    With the "before profit" tag he wont need a Chancellor
    I disagree roger. Of course we will need a chancellor. There will still be the NHS and the Social Services that need funding. Also the Armed Forces, local council workers, Roads etc etc etc. The money to fund that will have to come from somewhere. That somewhere will be taxes in their various forms, both local and national. The books will need to be balanced and someone will have to put together the budget.................. the Chancellor.

I might even try to get each country to renege on its national debt. Set it back to zero and then try to stay budget neutral. That would really upset the Rothschilds, Rockefellers and Kochs among others

And vast swathes of oil rich Arabs and indeed the Chinese government may be upset too.

Bit if I were to be Chancellor I would cut spending on armed forces to zero. More than ever they are an anachronism in the nuclear and cyber era.

And vast swathes of oil rich Arabs and indeed the Chinese government may be upset too.

Bit if I were to be Chancellor I would cut spending on armed forces to zero. More than ever they are an anachronism in the nuclear and cyber era.
    I feel uneasy about defence spend but I disagree on the last point and I think if Kim is ever overthrown it will be by a quick incisive and very focussed action, and none better than UK special forces at that from what I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The EU. The quintessential goal of the elite since the late 40s, early 50s. This has always been the aim, despite them denying it from day one. Typical political lies and and they were swallowed, hook, line and sinker.

IMO, the expectations of the government/populace "cooperation" is so vastly different in Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal to those in the Netherlands, Germany and the UK etc, that it can't work as a US of E. That would entail the same level of the same taxes over all 28 (as it is today) countries. Greece still doesn't have policies in place to track income. They all vastly minimise their income on their tax returns and pay very little tax as a result. Moving to a Northern European system would lead to riots and revolt. The former eastern bloc countries have a different outlook on it to the north and south lands. Good luck standardising taxes EU.

EU responsible for 70 years of peace? The EU is 25 years old. How can it have kept peace for 70? Oh, I hear you say, before that we had the common market aka the EEC. That was a glorified free trade area agreement. Peace has been kept for the past 70 years because of NATO. The common thread through all of those years. Or would some have us believe that the original Common Market with 6 members kept the peace and not NATO?

I voted no in the 70s because a US of E was always the end game. I was convinced of it back then and that was the reason I voted as I did. Today, I am still against the idea of a US of E and would have voted leave had I had a vote in the referendum. As for the referendum itself, I would have liked to see a third option, stay in and work tirelessly to return the EU to the 1991 situation of the EEC, a purely free trade agreement with no political shenannigans attached. Given the chance, that is the option that would have got my vote.

I am currently looking to either join a political party, or maybe even start one with the aims of ......

a) reverting to the EEC
    b) reversing globalisation to help create jobs
    c) curtail the banks
    d) massively alter the gambling aspects of the financial markets

.... and yes, I do realise I will have to do that pan-European and globally rather than starting with the Netherlands and I also realise that that is a huge irony considering my stance on the EU. Needs must.

It is my opinion that, given a referendum where the populace of all of the 28 were given a choice between the EU and the EEC, I think that the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands and more would vote EEC. There have been large movements in all of those countries against having "too much Brussels". After the Brexit vote, the Commissions answer to this is actually MORE Brussels. It wil all end in tears.
    I am in agreement with your principles. regrettably it is but a pipe dream, human nature is such that those who see themselves as the "victims" of the elite, capitalism or globalisation mostly change tune when they become the beneficiaries! It has always been thus and no sign that it will change, lets face it if people wanted a party like that then the greens at least offer a version of it, but sadly the "whats in it for me" view prevails.

Your comment about NATO is a classic error - NATO was formed in order to provide a defence against the Soviet block which was the biggest threat.

The EEC was born out of a wish to for a peaceful future within europe, which has been achieved, one only has to compare the decades of turmoil pre WW2 to see how that has been maintained.

Of course nothing lasts for ever and there are signs that eastern european states like Poland and Hungary are leaning further to the right and eroding democratic principles, so yes there are tensions and no doubt much infighting, but the demise of the Eu is not yet in sight and doubt that it will be anytime soon, however a much changed EU where the UK has no influence is very likley.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I disagree roger. Of course we will need a chancellor. There will still be the NHS and the Social Services that need funding. Also the Armed Forces, local council workers, Roads etc etc etc. The money to fund that will have to come from somewhere. That somewhere will be taxes in their various forms, both local and national. The books will need to be balanced and someone will have to put together the budget.................. the Chancellor.

I might even try to get each country to renege on its national debt. Set it back to zero and then try to stay budget neutral. That would really upset the Rothschilds, Rockefellers and Kochs among others
    Oops! Fall outs already between ‘Tony’ Amster and ‘Gordon’ Ramjet.

Maybe a Cabinet is forming...’Amster - PM, Ramjet - Chancellor (best at counting), KCG - Deputy Leader, (because he knows a lot but keeps a low profile), MoP - Home Secretary (longevity...but only if he stops the Farage references), Chief Secretary to the Treasury - Manx.
    I’ll do Education ‘cos it’s all I really know about and I like arguing with Roger.
    Andy Faber...Housing and Homelessness, Adi...Culture Secretary, Mista...Minister of Sport, Foreign Secretary...Rom...’cos he lives there, Chief Whip...Swale (who else?) Pensions...OTR and Mactm (so much experience), Defence...Ram59, Foreign Aid...anyone but Ram59, Secretary of State for Exiting EU...no longer required (sorry Ram59 ).

Still a few posts to fill...but it’s your Party, MA...and you can cry if you want to.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-12-2017 at 06:01 PM.

We won't need a Foreign Aid Minister as there wont be much budget for that. I also fear for the lack of women and the ethnicity mix in your cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I feel uneasy about defence spend but I disagree on the last point and I think if Kim is ever overthrown it will be by a quick incisive and very focussed action, and none better than UK special forces at that from what I've seen
    Donald's mates in Mossad will sort that out for him now he has given them Jerusalem 😁

We won't need a Foreign Aid Minister as there wont be much budget for that. I also fear for the lack of women and the ethnicity mix in your cabinet.
    I shall be speaking to the PM about the Foreign Aid matter, Mr. Chancellor...would suggest at least 0.75% of GNI which you’ll be able to afford following your defence cuts. I already have the support of the Chief Whip.

I recognise the shortage of ladies which clearly needs addressing. Perhaps Mrs. Ramjet might have a role to play and, as the name suggests, Mrs. Mangara does originate from the ‘dark continent’.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not what you wrote at all, you described Britain as nothing more than 'through geographic fortune able to provide a handy launch pad', what an insult.

In point of fact it was the Americans who saved europe from the Nazi's, with a little help from the Russians, albeit we Brits were through geographic fortune able to provide a handy launch pad!

No thats your interpretation rather than what i wrote! If you bothered to look at the context and werent so eager to see an insult then you'd have understood that!

Thats the problem with believing the crap thats been drip fed, a cold hard look at the facts is transposed into a supposed insult, but hey ho I expect nothing less.

Page 300 of 922 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400800 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)