+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 305 of 922 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405805 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Of course it would...and it does but, imo, Brexit is a classic example of the ‘people’ being empowered to reach a decision based upon the deliberate manipulation of misinformation.
    That's the way it's always worked even for a general election, all parties go out to get your vote in anyway possible and once in power go about it in a different way. Hats off to Donald Trump at least he's trying to give the voters what he promised!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    That's the way it's always worked even for a general election, all parties go out to get your vote in anyway possible and once in power go about it in a different way. Hats off to Donald Trump at least he's trying to give the voters what he promised!
    Referenda and General Elections are a little different though MoP...the former being much more specific meaning that greater truthfulness might be expected...naive I know.

Congratulations anyway...approval for Rees-Mogg and Trump in consecutive days...you only need to declare your support for Henry Bolton - possibly the most irrelevant fool in politics - and you’ll have the hat trick.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Unlike going to war in Iraq?
    ... or unlike the US going to war with Vietnam following the non-attack of the USS Maddox in the Gulf of Tonkin by North Vietnam. The attack never happened.

Unlike going to war in Iraq?
    I must have missed the referendum on that.

Congratulations anyway...approval for Rees-Mogg and Trump in consecutive days...you only need to declare your support for Henry Bolton - possibly the most irrelevant fool in politics - and you’ll have the hat trick.
    I'll have to think who else I can bring into the frame for my hat-trick as I can tell you for definite it won't be Henry Bolton. I had no idea who he was until his wife gave birth on a train. Farage should have stayed at the helm until we were actually out! Not been impressed with any of them since Farage stood down.

Blimey...even you draw the line at Bolton then!
    Anyway...you’ve done it...Rees-Mogg, Trump and Farage...the definitive prat trick.

I must have missed the referendum on that.
    Blair sold it to the public via dissemination of falsehoods in the media. No, joe public didnt get a vote in a referendum but the backing of the people and the military was still necessary and solicited via falsehood. Same difference really

Mind you I suspect the military dont need much convincing to get out there and kill something.

Blair sold it to the public via dissemination of falsehoods in the media. No, joe public didnt get a vote in a referendum but the backing of the people and the military was still necessary and solicited via falsehood. Same difference really
    Not really Rog. All they have in common is ‘falsehood’ put forward by a (the) leading politician of the time. The ‘backing of the people’ clearly wasn’t ‘necessary’ and military history, from WW1 to the sinking of the Belgrano is littered with such examples.
    In contrast the Brexit referendum should - at best - have been an opportunity for the British people to objectively decide on the pros and cons of one single issue...continued EU membership. The lies (aka misinformation) told by both sides, but principally the ‘Leave’ side, meant that this was not what happened.

Of course it would...and it does but, imo, Brexit is a classic example of the ‘people’ being empowered to reach a decision based upon the deliberate manipulation of misinformation.
    Totally agree, misinformation like, immediately after a yes vote there would be an emergency budget adding 3 or 4 pence on income tax and an increase in VAT and we would fall back into immediate recession.

Page 305 of 922 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405805 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)