+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 922 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry...been on a flight back to the dear old UK...despite those lovely Brexiteers who would have me leave for voting 'Remain'.
    Think Swale has answered all Tricky's points probably better than me. Struggling to see any link between the Euro and free prescriptions and education tbh, anyway the Welsh already have them I believe and still voted 'Leave'.
    The original question to Ramspride was, what are these examples of us being 'ruled by Brussels' in day to day life.
    So far we've got Angry's 'bananas'...and Eastern European criminals. As regards the latter, might it not be better to be part of some sort of 'joined up' Euro policing project to deal with that issue instead of adopting a policy of isolationism. Taking account of what AF suggests and the apparently increasing presence of the Russian Mafia in Berlin - entirely un-EU related btw - it's not as if it's only our problem after all.
    Thought I had nailed it?

AnagRam, do you really think 'joined up' whatever will work? Joined up army? Joined up Union? Joined up currency? Joined up police?
    Joined up anything is part of the problem. That IS why some of us are worried abut where Europe will go.. What about tomorrow?

Drifted off 'your' main point again maybe, Tricky.
    What or who are you protecting our heritage from exactly? All the customs and traditions that I grew up with still seem to be around or at least the one's worth preserving.
    Maybe Chicken Tikka Masala is the new national dish...nothing to do with the EU. Thankfully fox hunting has been outlawed...nothing to do with the EU...but by and large the things that are quintessentially British are still present just as the things that are specific to France, Germany, Spain or Italy are still in evidence.
    I'm not and have never said that everything about the EU is perfect. Mistakes have been made and there's things I'd change but give me an example - preferably more than one - of how our 'heritage' is being 'stripped' away on a day to day basis by the EU. How have the EU diluted our culture? Where's your evidence?
    Go on then, I'll play before you throw the race card into the ring,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMkcZBvq7U
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdHjQhiyWLA
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOmA09unRM
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgt1Dq59QLg
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhfBIJBuQ1U
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKMI1wV0ps
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Q9rRRbvkk
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-jcBqZf5M8

Here you go, bit of light watching for you. Different opinions throughout Europe how EU policy has changed here and abroad.

You may not like watching it, but it is happening. It is HAPPENING ON PURPOSE- "FOR THE PLAN"

Coudenhove Kalergi plan. Google it.

Tricky...I genuinely don't know what to say. I ask for an example or two of how our heritage is being stripped on a daily basis by the activities of the EU and get a thesis on immigration from all parts of the World and how it's all part of some Zionist conspiracy.
    I'm not going to 'throw the race card into the ring' as you put it...I'm just stunned...you certainly seem very heavily committed to some sort of agenda but it's becoming increasingly peculiar.

Angry...you forgot joined up thought. We already have joined up forces, it's called NATO. Joined up police...Interpol...we've managed to avoid the joined up currency...and yes I do think a joined up Union is a good thing...I think we're, to coin a phrase, 'stronger together' and watching the news tonight...we certainly need to be.

For all those doomsday merchants following the Brexit decision, please note:

Last week the S&P 500 reached a record high, finally overtaking the peak it had reached in 2014. It ended the week up 1.3%. Since its low point during the financial crisis in January 2009, the index has almost tripled in value, even as global growth has disappointed and interest rates have remained close to the floor – a reminder of why stocks remain such a wise investment over the long haul.

[QUOTE=roger_ramjet;38201884]For all those doomsday merchants following the Brexit decision, please note:

Last week the S&P 500 reached a record high, finally overtaking the peak it had reached in 2014. It ended the week up 1.3%. Since its low point during the financial crisis in January 2009, the index has almost tripled in value, even as global growth has disappointed and interest rates have remained close to the floor – a reminder of why stocks remain such a wise investment over the long haul.[/QUOTE

In fact, last week the FTSE 100 entered bull market territory, having risen more than 20% since its February low.

This added as seperate post as system timed me out of editting last post after 5 minutes. Utter *******s

We shall see Roger. The first legal challenge to Brexit begins today which, if successful, will, I believe, mean that Article 50 cannot be invoked without further Parliamentary approval. Interesting times.

Sorry Mangara I hope not. I voted remain (but against my heart) and now I find all this just unacceptable. A result is a result, continued prevarication does noone any good. Instability and uncertainty are the enemies of the markets and we need them to settle down for a while.

The people voted out (and I hear what you say about 37%) in accordance with the set rules of the referendum. Its time we got on with it for good or bad. If the Scotch want to leave the Union to join another Union, so be it. Adieu Scotland and we will need a work permit for Chris Martin et al.

The more we tit around contemplating our own navels, the more we look stupid and, more importantly, the more we look weak in the eyes of the EU who will gain negotiating advantage from it. The people have spoken - now politicians should get on with it: before they make it worse and exit conditions become more onerous.

Or maybe this is their grand plan - concede the negotiation high ground, negotiate appalling exit arrangements and then go cap in hand saying let us back in.

Stupid days....a parliament trying to deal with the will of the people that the majority in government dont want. An opposition trying to deal with a leader that they dont want but the grassroots do. What a monumental **** up all round.

We shall see Roger. The first legal challenge to Brexit begins today which, if successful, will, I believe, mean that Article 50 cannot be invoked without further Parliamentary approval. Interesting times.
    I have a fortunate link to one of senior guys in The Bank Of England and the word amongst those fellahs is (and always was, despite their very pro-remain stance) that the worst possible way forward is with further uncertainty. If they could use my stolen phrase 'decision made, now oil up and lets get ****ing' they would, they really don't need flight lieutenant whoever or some deranged ex pat putting the brakes on. In their opinion, not mine

Value your opinion Roger and accept that you have a fuller understanding as far as the economic side of things is concerned. Also seems like Andy is a sensible and well informed fella.
    On the other hand, interesting that Tricky - who may imo be misguided but isn't daft - when asked to provide examples about the EU interfering with our traditions and heritage tried to turn the debate into one entirely about immigration. Can't help feeling that's exactly what happened with the referendum itself and, at the end of the day, the result was never more than advisory so, given that the result was so close and only 'won' by 37-% (have I mentioned that? ) would it that bad if the legal boys now conclude that ultimately Parliament still has the final word?

310...wow. Saw Bobby Simpson score 311 once, in my first Test Match.

Page 31 of 922 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)