+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 337 of 923 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 9221

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So...as Brexit gets ever nearer the first three months of this year sees the lowest economic growth in this country since 2012.
    I doubt it’s a coincidence but doubtless the Brexiteers will blame the snow...course it didn’t snow anywhere else in Europe did it?
    2012 when we were... fully fledged members of the mighty EU, rather than being Little Britain? Perhaps it snowed in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    2012 when we were... fully fledged members of the mighty EU, rather than being Little Britain? Perhaps it snowed in 2012.
    I’m sure it did Adi...which is exactly why we can’t blame the weather but must look at the self inflicted ruination caused by following the vote of 17m of our £47m electorate which apparently somehow represents ‘the will of the people’.

I’m sure it did Adi...which is exactly why we can’t blame the weather but must look at the self inflicted ruination caused by following the vote of 17m of our £47m electorate which apparently somehow represents ‘the will of the people’.
    Feedback I’m getting down on the coal face of industry has moved significantly from either moaning or gloating about the result to getting in deep on impact. Farmers are about 50/50 depending on their niche, for instance, pharma R&D where I have a lot of interaction are highly excited at being freed from EU bureacracy and hoping to move towards a more pioneering US approach. In general a real mix
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 28-04-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Predictive text snafu

So...as Brexit gets ever nearer the first three months of this year sees the lowest economic growth in this country since 2012.
    I doubt it’s a coincidence but doubtless the Brexiteers will blame the snow...course it didn’t snow anywhere else in Europe did it?
    The economic growth figures are a comparison with what has gone on before Anag. So weather conditions can make a difference in this country if they are a lot worse than previous. Likewise, future growth figures could be artificially higher because of normal weather conditions prevailing again.

Yes, it snowed elsewhere in Europe, but was it any worse than normal?

On a side note, it was interesting to hear that in March, excluding investment, the government ran at a surplus for the first month since 2002. So during the boom years of Blair and Brown, the government was running at a deficit long before the crash of 2008. It was a car crash waiting to happen, the bankers just helped it along.

Vote Vince chaps!

Vote Vince chaps!
    He does stand alone as a principled bloke, I like his doddery old style

So the size of the EU budget deficit caused by Brexit is now known (sort of), and they are quoting £10bn - £15bn per annum. On the one hand, that proves the lie to the £350m per week battle-bus mantra, on the other hand UK's contribution based on that spread has still been between £188m and £288m per week. That'll pay for an awful lot of nurses (or as Malcolm Tucker said, one enormous robotic one). No wonder EU are p***ed off with us leaving, I can see UK and EU both being weaker coming out of this

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    So the size of the EU budget deficit caused by Brexit is now known (sort of), and they are quoting £10bn - £15bn per annum. On the one hand, that proves the lie to the £350m per week battle-bus mantra, on the other hand UK's contribution based on that spread has still been between £188m and £288m per week. That'll pay for an awful lot of nurses (or as Malcolm Tucker said, one enormous robotic one). No wonder EU are p***ed off with us leaving, I can see UK and EU both being weaker coming out of this
    Which is what many in the country and some on here have been saying for a while...but apparently just over a third of the electorate clearly represents the ‘Will of the People’ and...when it suits the likes of Fox, Johnson, Gove and Farage...suddenly becomes sacrosanct.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The 350m is our contribution each week, of which we get back nearly half in the form of farm subsidies, grants and various other contributions, but these are controlled by the EU.

Technically speaking, our government will have 350m per week extra in the coffers, but will have to make allowance for those who will miss out on these eu contributions. They may decide that not all of them are deserving of such contributions. Such as my wealthy friend who's very profitable company was given 350k to buy a new machine.

So the Aaron Banks (UKIP founder) funded Leave campaign has been found to have broken the rules and will now be fined the princely sum of £70,000 for impacting on the most momentous decision this country has had to make in the last fifty years.
    Bit like FFP, only with massively greater consequences. What is the point of having these rules surrounding issues where the rewards are huge and the punishment for breaking/ignoring them amounts to little more than a smack on the wrist?

Page 337 of 923 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437837 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)