+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 338 of 922 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438838 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So the Aaron Banks (UKIP founder) funded Leave campaign has been found to have broken the rules and will now be fined the princely sum of £70,000 for impacting on the most momentous decision this country has had to make in the last fifty years.
    Bit like FFP, only with massively greater consequences. What is the point of having these rules surrounding issues where the rewards are huge and the punishment for breaking/ignoring them amounts to little more than a smack on the wrist?
    When will the online petition for a 2nd vote start?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    When will the online petition for a 2nd vote start?
    Dead in the water, will never get 37% of the population signing it

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Dead in the water, will never get 37% of the population signing it
    You seem to be having an untypically cynical and just plain wrong day Andy. After everything that has become apparent since that fateful day of almost two years ago I have no doubt that a 2nd Referendum would result in both a higher turn out and an entirely different result.
    My problem is I think any sort of referendum on such a complex issue is a nonsense, so why have another?
    Just treat it as what it was...advisory...the advice being that just over a third of our electorate have doubts about the workings of the EU and misgivings about the level of immigration while just under two thirds think we’re better off in or it’s not worth worrying about.

‘We the undersigned wish to Exit Brexit, see QPR relegated to League 2 and Derby County given the money they lost out on when beaten by a team who had clearly broken the FFP rules’. There you go...job done. Little support from Nottinem and Shepherds Bush but should be okay elsewhere.

So the Aaron Banks (UKIP founder) funded Leave campaign has been found to have broken the rules and will now be fined the princely sum of £70,000 for impacting on the most momentous decision this country has had to make in the last fifty years.
    Bit like FFP, only with massively greater consequences. What is the point of having these rules surrounding issues where the rewards are huge and the punishment for breaking/ignoring them amounts to little more than a smack on the wrist?
    Will the remain liars, be paying back the tax payers propaganda leaflet. pumped through our letter boxes by Cameron?
    £9 million pound that cost. What gave him the right to do it and try to twist folks minds?
    The prime minister and his monkey, should have taken a neutral stance. They didn't.
    Osborns lies were off the planet then, monetary wise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Let it go Ramanag, it's getting boring now.

Had the vote gone the other way, the leavers would have been flogged for continuing to moan like your lot.
    As has been said, remoaners are looking for anything to cling to. Its like painting a target where the arrow hit the board.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 11-05-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Will the remain liars, be paying back the tax payers propaganda leaflet. pumped through our letter boxes by Cameron?
    £9 million pound that cost. What gave him the right to do it and try to twist folks minds?
    The prime minister and his monkey, should have taken a neutral stance. They didn't.
    Osborns lies were off the planet then, monetary wise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Let it go Ramanag, it's getting boring now.

Had the vote gone the other way, the leavers would have been flogged for continuing to moan like your lot.
    As has been said, remoaners are looking for anything to cling to. Its like painting a target where the arrow hit the board.
    Why would I let it go when there’s still time for people to come to their senses?

It may be boring but it is very important and, be honest, you only want people to shut up because you feel challenged.
    Let’s not forget what your hero NF said - when he still thought he was going to lose - about if the result was close that he wouldn’t be keeping quiet and would be going after another vote.

Why would I let it go when there’s still time for people to come to their senses?

It may be boring but it is very important and, be honest, you only want people to shut up because you feel challenged.
    Let’s not forget what your hero NF said - when he still thought he was going to lose - about if the result was close that he wouldn’t be keeping quiet and would be going after another vote.
    The question is, would he have got one?

Not a chance in hell. Cameron thought he was on a dead cert. He only allowed this one, because he was scared he was losing voters to UKIP.
    That's the problem to me. As this vote has shown, there has been more than enough discontent among the masses, to have had this issue raised a long time ago.
    We haven't had a vote since 1974 when we were lied to then. Economic collaboration my arse.

But the "masses" were supposed to behave like "sheep" (no pun intended) and accept what they was told.
    We've tried it your way Ramanag. Over half of the electorate have said change it. So lets have a go without the EUSSR. I am not threatened at all. But I am pissed off, with your lots behaviour, as it is right out of the EU tactics book.
    Ireland/Holland/denmark= keep voting until you vote the way we want you to.

Yet you support that analogy.

The question is, would he have got one?

Not a chance in hell. Cameron thought he was on a dead cert. He only allowed this one, because he was scared he was losing voters to UKIP.
    That's the problem to me. As this vote has shown, there has been more than enough discontent among the masses, to have had this issue raised a long time ago.
    We haven't had a vote since 1974 when we were lied to then. Economic collaboration my arse.

But the "masses" were supposed to behave like "sheep" (no pun intended) and accept what they was told.
    We've tried it your way Ramanag. Over half of the electorate have said change it. So lets have a go without the EUSSR. I am not threatened at all. But I am pissed off, with your lots behaviour, as it is right out of the EU tactics book.
    Ireland/Holland/denmark= keep voting until you vote the way we want you to.

Yet you support that analogy.
    Just factually inaccurate Tricky.
    1) It isn’t a question of trying it ‘my way’. I accept that things need to change but we have been doing quite well within the EU.
    2) Over half the electorate have not said ‘change it’...37% did - some way off half - and that’s kind of crucial to the argument.
    3) You haven’t created an analogy.

Ooi chaps, can we concentrate on something important for a few hours! **** in or out of Europe, more ***** to that crap is in or out of the play-offs? Is it make or break tonight or will it go to the wire?? Concentrate on a positive result instead of wasting your brains on Cameron, Farage and co!!

Please......

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Ooi chaps, can we concentrate on something important for a few hours! **** in or out of Europe, more ***** to that crap is in or out of the play-offs? Is it make or break tonight or will it go to the wire?? Concentrate on a positive result instead of wasting your brains on Cameron, Farage and co!!

Please......
    Can I talk about this again now?

Can I talk about this again now?
    Not if you’re still trying to make out that ‘over half the electorate’ voted for it...no!

Page 338 of 922 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438838 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)