+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 352 of 922 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Exports to the EU will probably drop slightly due to the slightly higher WTO tariffs. They won't stop. Trade deals that start from scratch do seem to take years. However, they won't necessarily need to. Take Canada for instance. We have a copy of the recently signed CETA agreement to which we are signaturies. Do a "replace EU with UK" action in your preferred word processor and you have the bulk of an agreement inside 5 seconds. Amend slightly, where necessary, and you have the new Anglo-Canuck trade agreement in matter of weeks.
    I see you know less about economics and the interconnection of trade and economies than you know about football! Of course this is politics and there will be consequences for both sides if some sort of deal isn't worked out, but to think that this could all be sorted out by a trade deal in a double quick time is wishful thinking.

Companies are doing the preparation now, there may indeed be a deal, but the consequences of a less than positive Brexit are going to be

hundreds of thousands of jobs lost from the UK
    hundreds of millions of pounds worth of economic activity leaving the Uk
    hundreds of millions of tax revenue lost
    businesses unable to recruit the labour they need
    services crippled by lack of manpower

basically the economy will be ****ed!

But it wont happen because once the actual consequences become clear, the majority of politicians will step back from making a decision that will haunt them for at least a decade and we will get some thing that protects the economy, basically a customs union/single market access agreement.

Another remainer with Precognitive Powers!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Another remainer with Precognitive Powers!
    Prescience is not required MoP...the evidence is there for all to see.
    Only bigots, those living in the past and right wing wannabe politicos along with yourself - who I don’t believe to be any of those things - continue to cling to the Brexit flight of fancy.
    Change...Yes. Brexit...a resounding No.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I see you know less about economics and the interconnection of trade and economies than you know about football! Of course this is politics and there will be consequences for both sides if some sort of deal isn't worked out, but to think that this could all be sorted out by a trade deal in a double quick time is wishful thinking.

Companies are doing the preparation now, there may indeed be a deal, but the consequences of a less than positive Brexit are going to be

hundreds of thousands of jobs lost from the UK
    hundreds of millions of pounds worth of economic activity leaving the Uk
    hundreds of millions of tax revenue lost
    businesses unable to recruit the labour they need
    services crippled by lack of manpower

basically the economy will be ****ed!

But it wont happen because once the actual consequences become clear, the majority of politicians will step back from making a decision that will haunt them for at least a decade and we will get some thing that protects the economy, basically a customs union/single market access agreement.
    An Anglo Canadian one could well be done in a short time, as I wrote above. That does not indicate that I think ALL Trade deals could be completed in the same fashion in double quick time.

hundreds of thousands of jobs lost from the UK? For every economist forecasting just that, there is another with a counter view.

hundreds of millions of pounds worth of economic activity leaving the Uk? There will be some, short term, yes. The success or otherwise of Brexit will be in how the government and business react to the "brave new world". Should the Scots finally grow sufficient cojones to go independent and remove a net worth of some £250 Billion per annum from Wastemonster then, yes, what is left of the UK is well and truly done for.

hundreds of millions of tax revenue lost? Could be, short term. Again, totally dependent on the reaction from government and business.

businesses unable to recruit the labour they need? Why? Switzerland has a deal with the EU. They still only allow foreign nationals in on short term contracts and they have to leave at the end of that contract (Max 5 years??). It is possible, once there, to apply for Swiss nationality and get to stay but they only accept a small % of applicants. The UK could do the same.

services crippled by lack of manpower? See the Swiss solution above.

Whatever happens, government and business have to work together to get the most possible out of Brexit. If they don't get it right, the above you predict will be realised. It is not, however, a guaranteed outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not for us humble folk without the powers!

Not for us humble folk without the powers!
    Amongst whom I include myself, but pleased to see you acknowledge the best possible reason for never having a referendum in the first place.

Amongst whom I include myself,.
    That makes you one of us? A Brexiteer! Welcome on board, now tell me you've changed your views on Mogg.

That makes you one of us? A Brexiteer! Welcome on board, now tell me you've changed your views on Mogg.
    Worst thing that’s ever been said to me! I will never be a Brexiter (‘Brexiteer’ is far too glamorous) or change my views on that odious creep.
    I do however think that the CBI, along with innumerable business leaders and financial experts know more than you and I...that is why I take notice of them and just one of my, very big, reasons for opposing Brexit and hoping that sense is seen well before March 29th of next year. Approximately nine months to go...for once I am praying for a termination.

Mogg and his merry Moggies are quite happy about Brexit. The EU is closing a huge amount of loopholes and making tax avoidance an offence. Might that be the reason so many rich folk are pro Brexit?

Only bigots, those living in the past and right wing wannabe politicos along with yourself - who I don’t believe to be any of those things - continue to cling to the Brexit flight of fancy.
    Change...Yes. Brexit...a resounding No.
    so you're classing ME as one of those?

Page 352 of 922 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452852 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)