+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 363 of 922 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463863 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Well well, Im a measured middle, which is odd as I don't really like barbecues and i despise cars

whatever that means

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8599586.html

Don’t have to read it all but it might be interesting to learn which clan we belong to apart from the DCFC one.
    I’ll share mine if and when others do.
    I reckon, given your lack of interest in this thread generally, you must be an apathy clansperson rA

Measured middle which hides the fact that I don’t have s moderate opinion on almost any of the questions

Hah! You two moderate, measured, middle of the roadies!
    No GP...I’m apparently in the ‘Common Sense Solidarity’ clan.
    It all makes so much sense now.

yes, I found much the same Andy - extreme opposite opinions tend to average out and end up as measured middle which sort of makes no sense. Interestingly the measured middle clan are the smallest clan of the 10, yet the first twoon here are members?

I went to a Brexit briefing yesterday organised by the UK Embassy, the Dutch Foreign Ministry and the Dutch Ministry of Justice and Security.

The message was that, with the exception of the Irish border backstop, there were no more major hurdles to cross. With or without a deal people will still be able to go abroad for a holiday without a visum both EU to UK and vice versa. To work/live abroad will require a visum. Existing "no double taxation" agreements will remain in place. Until the end of the 2 year transition period little will change. Open Skies agreements remain permanently in place in place..... Police forces will still communicate and European arrest warrants will still be honoured. Secret services will continue to swap intelligence. NATO forces will still do what they always have done.

The reality is nowhere as bad as Remainers have forecast. Whether it as rosy as Brexiteers forecast remains to be seen.

hmmm, well at least it will be easy for package tourists going to Spain to not queue up. Thank God for that - but what about trade and tariffs, customs controls, VAT and all those good things that do not seem to have made your party bag? is the inference that these major issues have not been resolved but mere fripperies like tourist visa have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    hmmm, well at least it will be easy for package tourists going to Spain to not queue up. Thank God for that - but what about trade and tariffs, customs controls, VAT and all those good things that do not seem to have made your party bag? is the inference that these major issues have not been resolved but mere fripperies like tourist visa have been?
    Yep, the ending of 750 odd treaties along with 60.7% of our imports and 67% of our exports seem almost incidental now. As do the imposition of WTO tariffs, the loss of foreign companies no longer attracted by our role as ‘gateway to Europe’ and the total confusion surrounding business futures. Sorry MA...not convinced.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-10-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep, the ending of 750 odd treaties along with 60.7% of our imports and 67% of our exports seem almost incidental now. As do the imposition of WTO tariffs, the loss of foreign companies no longer attracted by our role as ‘gateway to Europe’ and the total confusion surrounding business futures. Sorry MA...not convinced.
    All of the ones I mentioned are part of the 750 treaties you speak of. There appears to be agreement, so we were told, on just about all of them. The only sticking point is the Irish border question.

One multinational has just decided NOT to move its HQ from London to the Netherlands.......

It wont be the rosy picture painted by Gove and Johnson and Farage but it will be nowhere near the catastrophe some would have us believe.

If it isn't the way the Embassy and two Dutch ministries explained last night, believe me, I will be stirring the waters........ big time.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    All of the ones I mentioned are part of the 750 treaties you speak of. There appears to be agreement, so we were told, on just about all of them. The only sticking point is the Irish border question.

One multinational has just decided NOT to move its HQ from London to the Netherlands.......

It wont be the rosy picture painted by Gove and Johnson and Farage but it will be nowhere near the catastrophe some would have us believe.

If it isn't the way the Embassy and two Dutch ministries explained last night, believe me, I will be stirring the waters........ big time.

Really? Mm 17% reduction in economic activity in Uk since the vote, its already happening - thousands of jobs migrating to europe - I know I've been involved in a number of relocations of HQ's and company operations in the past two years and we dont even know the deal yet!

Of course life wills till go on - in Zimbadwe it still goes on despite economic melt down but anyway Rees Mogg has come up with the answer

Jacob Rees-Mogg says most people in the uk will be able to offset any adverse negative brexit effects with their savings, shares, bonds, inheritance and work expenses.

Simple init?

And Ress-Mogg, Johnson and Farage say its the "elites" (in their eyes people who have worked hard to get where they are, rather than inheriting their wealth!) who oppose Brexit which is "the will of (37%) of the people! FFS!

Page 363 of 922 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463863 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)