+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 396 of 922 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496896 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

I'm not sure on that last point MA. If it's hard Brexit I can see rA protesting outside parliament, still rattling on about his 63% like anyone cares!! And you realise he has a massive stash of ex WW2 conventional weapons secreted in a bunker in Buxton, so that could get bloody.

Seriously though, someone is going to be seriously pissed off one way or other:

"Remain" will probably upset a majority, who are a vocal group: the 37% plus those who rightly believe rejecting a democratically proper decision is wrong;

"Hard Brexit" will also probably upset a majority, as some people (possibly including me) want neither remain nor hard brexit;

"May Deal" in the true spirit of compromise will upset everyone as it takes the unacceptable parts of either extremes' agendae and neatly includes all of them.

So riots in the streets come what "may". I think a month in New Zealand is called for, whose farmers must be creaming their jeans at recovering a market lost over 40 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Who's fault is that? 67% of the population didn’t vote Remain!!!!. More Brexiteers were interested in the vote than remainers, that's why the Brexiteers won the vote, end of!
    The last two and a half years of rancorous debate would appear to suggest that again you are wrong...certainly not been a case of ‘end of!’ however much you’d like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    1. You’re right, but we should never regard 37% as ‘the Will of the People’...that’s just nonsense.

2. Maybe it’s because you live in Holland but there was nothing ‘could be’ about the daily appearance on TV of the sign emblazoned on the side of Boris’ ‘battle bus’.

3. Entirely agree...so why are we beating ourselves up by following the ‘advice’ of a minority that was probably achieved by breaking the rules especially now the damaging likely outcome has become so much more evident?

4. So what you are really concluding is that the likely behaviour of ‘disappointed’ Brexiteers will be a whole lot less acceptable and a great deal more intimidating than that of equally disgruntled ‘Remainers’. I’m inclined to agree. All the evidence so far would appear to suggest you are right but I repeat...giving in to the mob rule threatened by ‘right wingers’ should not, imo, be an option or even a consideration.
    1. Considering the monumental impact of the referendum, the "rules of engagement" should have been different. 70% turnout for the vote to be valid and that happened. 60% or 66% of the votes needed for a "win" for either side.

2. Maybe it is just me looking cynically at it. I always saw it as an example of what could happen, not what would happen. The amount on the bus accurately depicts the UK's weekly payments to the EU. That is true. However, they forgot to factor in (on purpose) that almost half of that comes back in the form of the rebate Maggie negotiated and grants and subsidies to various UK regions.

3. We seem on the same page there

4. Idem ditto

I still hate the EU and all it stands for with a vengance and its downfall woulf please me greatly. Get back to free trade and working together without all this NWO-like rush towards a US of E that will never work. The former Eastern Bloc countries are turning their backs on things they don't want/like such as mass African immigration. Immigration that is only necessary if you are in the 1% and we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

I still hate the EU and all it stands for with a vengance and its downfall woulf please me greatly. Get back to free trade and working together without all this NWO-like rush towards a US of E that will never work. The former Eastern Bloc countries are turning their backs on things they don't want/like such as mass African immigration. Immigration that is only necessary if you are in the 1% and we are not.
    Interestingly high levels of eastern european immigration from Africa may be because all the eastern european workforce are working in western europe, including UK. Each scenario an attempt at betterment of wages to remit back to place of origin.

Naturally "we" (as in the brexiteers) dont want the easyern european immigrants doing the jobs in this country; equally naturally Romania, Poland, Bulgaria etc equivalents dont want African immigrants doing the job in their country.

Simple solution, we can have all the Africans and leave Eastern Europe alone. Cut out the middle man. That should please those brexiteers who profess racist views against eastern european labour in this country.

Incidentally, where you use "we" in your cited paragraph, do you mean the British or the Cloggies?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1. Considering the monumental impact of the referendum, the "rules of engagement" should have been different. 70% turnout for the vote to be valid and that happened. 60% or 66% of the votes needed for a "win" for either side.

2. Maybe it is just me looking cynically at it. I always saw it as an example of what could happen, not what would happen. The amount on the bus accurately depicts the UK's weekly payments to the EU. That is true. However, they forgot to factor in (on purpose) that almost half of that comes back in the form of the rebate Maggie negotiated and grants and subsidies to various UK regions.

3. We seem on the same page there

4. Idem ditto

Well we’re almost there ‘Amster. I’d have settled for a number equivalent to at least 51% of the electorate in a two horse race but I take your point. It would of course still have been devisive but at least there would have been some credibility and logic to the claim...’the People have spoken’.
    I’m aware, as GP points out in his own inimitable way, that the 37/63% point is extremely repetitive and tiresome. Unfortunately it has never been satisfactorily addressed and thus it remains relevant.

You seem to agree that the bus, and other ‘attractions’, were misleading and we are clearly in agreement on 3&4.

Nice to know that despite our minor differences on this issue the two of us can reach agreement without any of the open hostility currently on display from the more fervent Brexiteers.

'the likely behaviour of ‘disappointed’ Brexiteers will be a whole lot less acceptable and a great deal more intimidating than that of equally disgruntled ‘Remainers’.
    I'm not going to condone the actions of those tw*ts calling Anna Soubrey a N*** or their subsequent intimidating behaviour (I hope they get locked up for it) but the actions Remainers have ALREADY indulged in are pretty distasteful, albeit more insidious/subtle than yawping across a fence - prime example is tv comedians/comedy shows who appear to have been given cart blanche to 'Leave bash'. Its not intimidating per se but it is something else thats recently become an equal in they eyes of the law, attempted coercive control.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    'the likely behaviour of ‘disappointed’ Brexiteers will be a whole lot less acceptable and a great deal more intimidating than that of equally disgruntled ‘Remainers’.
    I'm not going to condone the actions of those tw*ts calling Anna Soubrey a N*** or their subsequent intimidating behaviour (I hope they get locked up for it) but the actions Remainers have ALREADY indulged in are pretty distasteful, albeit more insidious/subtle than yawping across a fence - prime example is tv comedians/comedy shows who appear to have been given cart blanche to 'Leave bash'. Its not intimidating per se but it is something else thats recently become an equal in they eyes of the law, attempted coercive control.
    I’m sorry Andy but that’s bollux and really not worthy of you. The biggest crimes perpetrated by some Leavers amount to being patronising, arrogant, some degree of name calling and a graffiti attack of one of Rees-Mogg’s homes. The greatest crimes perpetrated by the far right element of the Brexiteers includes the murder of a ‘Remain’ supporting Labour MP, death threats sent to a prominent ‘Remain’ supporter to the extent that she became afraid to go out, the harassment, abuse and attempted intimidation of a ‘Remain’ supporting Tory MP and the physical and verbal harassment of entirely innocent members of the immigrant community in the immediate aftermath of the Referendum.
    The two simply do not compare and we cannot allow the threat of such behaviour to lead our country along the path to mob rule.

Nice to know that despite our minor differences on this issue the two of us can reach agreement without any of the open hostility currently on display from the more fervent Brexiteers.
    OMG - I appear to have become sensible..................... when did that happen?

I’m sorry Andy but that’s bollux and really not worthy of you. The biggest crimes perpetrated by some Leavers amount to being patronising, arrogant, some degree of name calling and a graffiti attack of one of Rees-Mogg’s homes. The greatest crimes perpetrated by the far right element of the Brexiteers includes the murder of a ‘Remain’ supporting Labour MP, death threats sent to a prominent ‘Remain’ supporter to the extent that she became afraid to go out, the harassment, abuse and attempted intimidation of a ‘Remain’ supporting Tory MP and the physical and verbal harassment of entirely innocent members of the immigrant community in the immediate aftermath of the Referendum.
    The two simply do not compare and we cannot allow the threat of such behaviour to lead our country along the path to mob rule.
    As usual we'll have to agree to differ, and I'm not remotely excusing the behaviour of those you refer to as 'far right', mostly idiots and in some cases much worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As usual we'll have to agree to differ, and I'm not remotely excusing the behaviour of those you refer to as 'far right', mostly idiots and in some cases much worse than that.
    ...which of course you have every right to do...but it’s becoming increasingly difficult for anyone to defend the more extreme Brexiteer behaviour and arrogance or stubbornness will always be less of a ‘sin’ than bullying and intimidation, or worse.

Page 396 of 922 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496896 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)