+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 424 of 922 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Most of us won't be around in 50 years time. If we were I am certain I would be typing "I bloody well told ya so" on page 37153 of the Brexit thread on here to the news that all member state Laws are now defunct and only EU Brussels Laws are in effect with severe penalties for breaking them............... unless you are French, of course. Some things never change

90% of EU Parliament seats will be held by the 1% party and the rest of us will each have 50 zero contracts, all on the minimum wage and the new slavery will be a fact.

Also derogatory remarks on the EU on internet fora will be viewed as anti-EUtic and carry a 6 months prison sentence douling for each subsequent offence.

If its slavery and censorship you want then bring on the US of E and you will get exactly that.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 23-04-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Most of us won't be around in 50 years time. If we were I am certain I would be typing "I bloody well told ya so" on page 37153 of the Brexit thread on here to the news that all member state Laws are now defunct and only EU Brussels Laws are in effect with severe penalties for breaking them............... unless you are French, of course. Some things never change

90% of EU Parliament seats will be held by the 1% party and the rest of us will each have 50 zero contracts, all on the minimum wage and the new slavery will be a fact.

Also derogatory remarks on the EU on internet fora will be viewed as anti-EUtic and carry a 6 months prison sentence douling for each subsequent offence.

If its slavery and censorship you want then bring on the US of E and you will get exactly that.
    Slavery and censorship? Hmmm...odd that, considering the EU has almost certainly had more to do with enshrining rules in relation to...limits on working hours, time off, maternity rights, paid annual leave, agency worker protection, health and safety at work, parental leave and a variety of anti-discrimination measures...than any other organisation.

Think you’ll have to look elsewhere for your culprits MA...home grown tax avoiding, unscrupulous employers perhaps? We seem to have more than our fair share of those.

As regards to the tax evasion, I suspect you only conclude that we have plenty of tax evaders becuse that is what you see. But try going to Italy or most of the Mediterranean countries where the general consensus is that tax is voluntary? By and large we are a compliant nation with regards to central matters. By and large southern Europeans are not. Our tax evaders may win on amount per head, but for the southern europeans its a 100% sweep. Remeber the adage about Italian accounting - always do 3 sets: one for the owner, one for the taxman and one for the Pope

I’ll happily accept that you know more than me about tax and the levels of evasion that are found in specific countries, Parky...but two wrongs don’t make a right and whether it be the Spanish, the Italians, Google, sections of the UK self employed or members of the ERG with their off shore accounts, it makes no difference to the premise that, contrary to MA’s suggestion, the EU has almost certainly done more to support workers’/employment rights than any other organisation in recent times.

I don't disagree with the workers rights observation, although much of it is, in my view, rather too paternalistic and has given rise to the development of the gig economy: for better or worse, via the working time directives etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Slavery and censorship? Hmmm...odd that, considering the EU has almost certainly had more to do with enshrining rules in relation to...limits on working hours, time off, maternity rights, paid annual leave, agency worker protection, health and safety at work, parental leave and a variety of anti-discrimination measures...than any other organisation.

Think you’ll have to look elsewhere for your culprits MA...home grown tax avoiding, unscrupulous employers perhaps? We seem to have more than our fair share of those.
    Ever more zero hours contracts in more and more EU countries seem to point to my being right. The elite have a grip on the Politicians and less for us and more for them is the plan.

Our employment rights now far exceed the EU requirements, so whilst we should recognise the positive impact of EU membership in driving the introduction of measures, we shouldn't fear loosing them, as we could just as easily lose our perks if we remain. The 48 hour week is a bit pointless though in practise, as you can just opt out, I'd expect that one to go or be replaced with something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Ever more zero hours contracts in more and more EU countries seem to point to my being right. The elite have a grip on the Politicians and less for us and more for them is the plan.
    Sorry MA, imo you’re just wrong on this one.
    Zero hours contracts are far more common in the UK than in Europe where I believe they’re actually outlawed in many countries. Fully understand your objection to zero hour contracts but you can’t blame the EU for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry MA, imo you’re just wrong on this one.
    Zero hours contracts are far more common in the UK than in Europe where I believe they’re actually outlawed in many countries. Fully understand your objection to zero hour contracts but you can’t blame the EU for this one.
    Zero hour contracts might be illegal in the odd EU country but not everywhere. Maybe I'm just seeing ghosts that aren't there but I still see this increasing centralisation of power and wealth, both politically and in the business world, as the next step in the elite's plan of total dominance of the man in the street. A return to doffing one's cap the "the man". I hate the idea with a vengeance and will fight it tooth and nail.

Is it mere coincidence that movements against this centralisation are growing all over Europe? They are mockingly referred to as "populist" and "right wing extremist" and even "left wing extremist". Whatever label you stick on them, they all want to drastically reign in EU Commission and EU Parliament powers. Not a bad thing IMO.

In all honesty MA, I share your concerns about ‘increased centralisation’ but few personify ‘a return to doffing one’s cap to the man’ more than those elitist members of the ERG who abhor the EU so much. No coincidence that.
    Populism and right wing extremism aren’t, imo, concerned with opposing increased centralisation...they are concerned with the perpetuation of nationalism and the survival of the strongest at the expense of the weak and the poor.

Page 424 of 922 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)