+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 446 of 922 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

equally those who accepted Obama poking his nose in should accept that Trump has an equal right to do so. It really doesn't matter whether you agree with what either (or both) say, they have no business interfering in another state's political intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    equally those who accepted Obama poking his nose in should accept that Trump has an equal right to do so. It really doesn't matter whether you agree with what either (or both) say, they have no business interfering in another state's political intentions.
    I can only agree and don’t believe I’ve suggested otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    1. Unless you’re astonishingly young I don’t follow that. You’re still not ‘here’ and my point was, although I recognise what you’re saying, there is a level of hypocrisy from those who criticise Obama for offering an opinion but applaud Trump.

2. No idea how any reasonable person can agree with Trump over Sadiq Khan.

3,4 &5. Totally agree.

It’s not just the ‘big problem at the moment’, imo. It’s a perennial problem...that our Parliamentary Democracy is time factored and why enlightened despotism is a far more effective system of government. Unfortunately guaranteeing the ‘enlightened’ bit then becomes the problem.
    Here, as in I wasn't lurking or posting on this forum in '16 and therefore didn't see any of the posts referred to.

The difference being Obama was very negative and Trump is positive.
    It's looking like the state visit is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    MoP just hope you won't be needing the NHS in the future he's determined to get his grubby hands on it
    Last edited by mistaram; 04-06-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    He wasn't negative, he was threatening. Disappointing really.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    He wasn't negative, he was threatening. Disappointing really.
    He wasn’t ‘threatening’...he was offering the warning of a ‘constructive friend’.
    Trump, on the other hand, is following his policy of ‘America first’ and would like to benefit from us leaving the EU and becoming desperate for a new trading partner starting, as mista suggests, very possibly with matters relating to the NHS.
    If you think Obama was ‘disappointing’ prepare to be terrified at the prospect of dealing with devious and untrustworthy Donald.

Are people taking this too seriously? Yes, there are those in the US who would like to get an x years contract to service the NHS and make money. There are some politicians in the UK who would like to let them and, as an aside, also get a share of the profit.

Not on IMO.

There is another way to look at this. The terminology used thus far is "everything is on the table". This is true in any trade deal talks between countries. That means that everything, incl NHS, is on the table when negotiations start. Each side will have their negotiating starting points and their red lines. I would hope the NHS is one of the UK's red lines, whichever joker ends up in #10.

I see nothing has changed on this thread. RA is still banging the same drum with his head up his jacksie. Now that is a mental picture I need to remove.
    This is almost as funny as the Millwall fan who wanted to buy his own seat.
    Keep it up RA, at least comedy is not dead. Thank you for that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    I see nothing has changed on this thread. RA is still banging the same drum with his head up his jacksie. Now that is a mental picture I need to remove.
    This is almost as funny as the Millwall fan who wanted to buy his own seat.
    Keep it up RA, at least comedy is not dead. Thank you for that at least.
    Lol...calm down Angry, you’ll do yourself a mischief.
    It’s only one thread...needn’t detract from anything else and it has generated over 4500 replies.
    The issue remains alive and people comment...what’s wrong with that?

Page 446 of 922 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)