+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 448 of 922 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Good luck Angry! And make the most of the match, you won't be able to do it soon for all the border issues and tariffs.

PS. Don't go buying Little Angry any milkshake at the airport!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Wrong on so many levels.. No real point in going round in circles.
    Keep tearing this country apart, I hope you get some satisfaction from it. You will be able to look in the mirror and say ‘I did that’.. Bravo..
    So easy to say...’wrong on so many levels’ but without ever being specific.

Maybe what you really mean is...’I disagree’...but if telling me I’m tearing the country apart makes you feel better then so be it.

At sometime in the future I hope I’ll be able to say...’I stood up for what I believed in and remained respectful of all but the most extreme and bigoted’. You clearly disagree, but you’re right...we’re going round in circles...not much point in continuing.

Enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    The issue remains alive due to people like you not accepting a democratic vote (cue the 'it's was not a majority' line). It remains alive as our elected politicians have failed to deliver what they promised in the interest of their own self preservation.
    It remains alive due to lies (on both sides), corrupting the process.
    It remains alive as it seems only Remainers knew what Brexit looked like and the rest of us are stupid.
    It still remains alive as it seems a large part of the Leave vote have died now and it seems that every 15/16 year old who could not vote last time, will vote Remain.
    It remains alive as we had a Remainer negotiating it and now we are told that is what Brexit looks like. Nope !! What else would happen when weak people who do not believe in it negotiate it. Now Remainers have destroyed democracy in the UK. They will blame the leavers but in essence the leave vote has been pretty quiet through this debacle. It is taboo in social arenas or in the work place to be a leaver. You will be scorned but the vocal minority.
    It remains alive as Corbyn is a totally inept opposition leader. How does an opposition leader still remain less popular that the most unpopular PM ever? It remains alive as our political elite are inept should all step down with heads hung in shame.
    Freedom of speech has now become a negative thing. A spiteful thing. Social Media has become a negative platform and now we have millions of social commentators (experts) telling us what to think and do. And it is to everyones shame that these people (influencers) are listened to. They are normally on the left of politics..
    Now politics is screaming leftists, or green haired uni students throwing milkshakes. Great..
    My angry days were, I thought, well behind me. 70s and 80s and mainly it was around a football match. I am pissed with this country now big time.
    Still what do I know, I am a nearly 60 year old white hetro***ual male leaver. Lowest of the low, or so I am told. Our vote should be ignored as should our experiences.
    If you voted leave, then you voted to destroy this country, simples!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    If you voted leave, then you voted to destroy this country, simples!
    Says you and the minority of the voters!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Says you and the minority of the voters!
    You really must check your definition of minority and majority MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You really must check your definition of minority and majority MoP.
    The Free Dictionary
    Majority. The amount by which the greater number of votes cast as in an election ,exceeds the total number of the remaining votes simple!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    The Free Dictionary
    Majority. The amount by which the greater number of votes cast as in an election ,exceeds the total number of the remaining votes simple!
    The Collins Dictionary...majority...meaning a number which is more than half of the whole...minority...meaning a number which is less than half of the whole.

Whether you’re judging the 2016 Referendum, the recent local council elections, the EU elections or the Peterborough by-election at no time can Brexiteers claim to have the support of more than half of the electorate and in the case of the last three no where near half of those who actually bothered to vote.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-06-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Out of the whole lot of people who voted more than half voted to leave "Majority" That leaves the remainers the minority!
    Verdict:- Mista was correct!
    Last edited by Manofpride; 10-06-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Out of the whole lot of people who voted more than half voted to leave "Majority" That leaves the remainers the minority!
    Verdict:- Mista was correct!
    In an advisory and binary choice referendum, he is of course right, but the fact remains that only between a third and some where around 37% of the electorate have ever supported Brexit and that is always going to be a minority...no matter how vociferous.

If Mr. Farage wants a say in future policy might I suggest that, rather than creating photo opportunities by handing in a silly letter at Downing Street, he actually wins a Parliamentary seat or two. That is how Parliamentary Democracy works.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In an advisory and binary choice referendum, he is of course right, but the fact remains that only between a third and some where around 37% of the electorate have ever supported Brexit and that is always going to be a minority...no matter how vociferous.

If Mr. Farage wants a say in future policy might I suggest that, rather than creating photo opportunities by handing in a silly letter at Downing Street, he actually wins a Parliamentary seat or two. That is how Parliamentary Democracy works.
    A parliamentary seat or two in order to have a say in anything? What, like the Libdems have at the moment yet have no real say in anything - or maybe he can hope to strike lucky and win 10 like the DUP and be able to block anything happening through luck and circumstance. Maybe this is model for future politics - win enough seats to hold the balance and get paid billions in bribes to vote one way or the other?

For anyone to have any say they need to have the balance in a hung parliament, as opposed to a seat or two, and that is down to sheer luck. Now if we had a PR system, meaning parliament would be perpetually hung, then he could win a lot at the moment, but we dont. Sometimes I think sadly as I think that is more representative of the country as a whole, but FPTP at least allows for a workable government structure- but that will always be a minority in terms of the %age of the electorate that voted for it.

We can talk about how to define majority or minority, but I have to wonder if we have ever had a real majority (eg of the electorate) in power since 1945 and the end of the Government of National Unity. Before then, almost certainly not if only because the lasses weren't allowed to vote. That decision was where it all started to go wrong

Page 448 of 922 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498548 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)