+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 500 of 921 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I/WE WHO VOTED OUT, DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF A SUPERSTATE.

Neither do I...but I’d rather have a say in the way this supposed ‘Superstate’ is shaping up than playing the role of isolated and recalcitrant neighbour putting all our eggs into the basket temporarily resulting from the two morally bankrupt blondes cosying up to one another.
    Shape what exactly?

Did you get a say on Maastrict?

Did you get a say on Lisbon?

Errrrrrrrrrm no you didn't. Everything in them is the devoltion of national soveriegnty towards the superstate.
    You don't want one, but it's being done right under your nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVMx_7TOk_w

Your personal views of Trump/Johnson are irrelevant.
    They can be got got rid of by voters. but once amalgamated then, your choices nationally are gone. FOREVER.

Still ignoring the fact, that this scenario is not wanted by the voting majority.

Why, Angry? I’d have thought it was obvious...in brief, I’m opposed to isolationism, in favour of maintaining good political and trading relationships with our nearest neighbours,
    But this is exactly what we signed up for. NOT A BLOODY SUPERSTATE

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    We were however constantly told in 2016 that the negotiations would be the easiest ever...to have a ‘no deal’ Brexit is to abandon the notion of negotiation as the Welsh sheep farmers, who may have originally voted for Brexit but now realise they will face 40% tariffs on their produce should a ‘no deal’ take place, have been quick to point out.

Why, Angry? I’d have thought it was obvious...in brief, I’m opposed to isolationism, in favour of maintaining good political and trading relationships with our nearest neighbours, supportive of the idea of helping shape Europe rather than being at odds with it and concerned about the transient nature of any ‘treaties’ cobbled together by Johnson and Trump.
    We can still trade with Europe, even after we leave. Trade will still continue, deal or no deal.
    Tariffs might be an issue on some products but personally I would not get too hung up on those, let business deal with those adjustments.. I drive a reasonable Audi.. That same Audi is still cheaper to buy in the USA. Not sure what the US tariffs are on cars, might be zero, might not be. I am also pretty sure they are not manufactured in Mexico (could be wrong but could not find anything to suggest they are). So Audi still manage to get the same car and spec sold in the US for less than I paid in the UK. Let’s assume we have a zero tariff, which I doubt the the US. Logistically it is more expensive to get it from Germany to the USA and its still cheaper.
    Market forces will mean Audi have some decisions to make..

Like Tricky I have no desire to be part of a federal Europe and change from within is only going to become harder. You saw MAs post earlier in the thread where he says the EU is now becoming quite open about wanting more power.

Isolationism verses globalisation.. Interesting debate.. Globalisation worries me more.. A world run by big business for big business.. Google, Facebook and Amazon dictating what you do and when you do it.

I would have thought that those of you who lean more to the left of the political debate would have major issues with globalisation?
    It’s not there yet but the EU is just big business company called the EU..
    Last edited by AngryRam; 31-07-2019 at 07:34 PM.

2.5% import duty on EU cars into the USA..

Yes Audi do manufacture in Mexico but not my model.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Shape what exactly?

Did you get a say on Maastrict?

Did you get a say on Lisbon?

Errrrrrrrrrm no you didn't. Everything in them is the devoltion of national soveriegnty towards the superstate.
    You don't want one, but it's being done right under your nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVMx_7TOk_w

Your personal views of Trump/Johnson are irrelevant.
    They can be got got rid of by voters. but once amalgamated then, your choices nationally are gone. FOREVER.

Still ignoring the fact, that this scenario is not wanted by the voting majority.

Why, Angry? I’d have thought it was obvious...in brief, I’m opposed to isolationism, in favour of maintaining good political and trading relationships with our nearest neighbours,
    But this is exactly what we signed up for. NOT A BLOODY SUPERSTATE
    Did I get a say?

I had a vote in 1973.
    I’ve had subsequent votes in the formation of the Parliamentary democracy that has negotiated at Masstricht and Lisbon so to that extent...yes.

Share some of your concerns about the formation of a ‘Superstate’ but, at the risk of repeating myself, wherever I travel in Europe I’m still very much aware of the sense of national identity and I still see us in the UK having our own currency, making our own laws, retaining our own language and our curious mixture of metric and imperial measurement without any interference from abroad.

My personal views on Trump and Johnson are not irrelevant at all. As members of the EU we became the fifth wealthiest nation on the planet. Given our size and significance I’d say we’ve been possibly punching above our weight but we were doing very well.
    Trump will be a factor for another five years at the most...the way Johnson is going I reckon there’s more chance of a General Election by Oct’ 31st than us leaving...swapping decades of trade treaties with the countries of the EU for trade deals designed by those two does not seem the best of plans to me.

I'd just like to leave another point about the super EU.

A few weeks ago, the Royal navy and Gibraltan customs, seized a tanker suspected of breaking EU sanctions imposed on Syria.
    Yes that's right, EU SANCTIONS.

In the meantime, where the **** has the EU been in all this?
    The escalation in the gulf, by Iran with tit for tat retaliation has produced a wall of silence by the pen pushers.

Superstate/army/flag/anthem. Yearh right.
    As usual, the French and Germans no where to be seen. Only time they become loud, is when they are chucking bullets at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I'd just like to leave another point about the super EU.

A few weeks ago, the Royal navy and Gibraltan customs, seized a tanker suspected of breaking EU sanctions imposed on Syria.
    Yes that's right, EU SANCTIONS.

In the meantime, where the **** has the EU been in all this?
    The escalation in the gulf, by Iran with tit for tat retaliation has produced a wall of silence by the pen pushers.

Superstate/army/flag/anthem. Yearh right.
    As usual, the French and Germans no where to be seen. Only time they become loud, is when they are chucking bullets at each other.
    And we need them for our security.. Give me strength.

That's why we need an EU Navy Tricky, to enforce the sanctions! Then it won't get left to us

Everyone eying up the 5000 th post now

Don't worry I've got it covered

Page 500 of 921 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)