+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 503 of 922 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

I never thought I'd say anything like this but it seems EU thoughts might be changing now they are facing a raging bull (Boris) rather than mild mannered May who was so desperate to either have the UK remain or have it shackled by her capitulation of deal that the EU wrote and she signed without very much negotiation. Might this have gone much smoother had we had BoJo rather than May since 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I never thought I'd say anything like this but it seems EU thoughts might be changing now they are facing a raging bull (Boris) rather than mild mannered May who was so desperate to either have the UK remain or have it shackled by her capitulation of deal that the EU wrote and she signed without very much negotiation. Might this have gone much smoother had we had BoJo rather than May since 2016?
    Yes. She never believed.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Not sure what your evidence for that is MA. Anyway, the initial negotiations were conducted by David Davis...absolute prat imo but a dedicated and committed Brexiteer.

Under orders.....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure what your evidence for that is MA. Anyway, the initial negotiations were conducted by David Davis...absolute prat imo but a dedicated and committed Brexiteer.
    The same David Davis who quit, after refusing to commit to May's capitulation and back door remain stance?
    Please RA spare me.
    May fooled the lot of us.
    Camerons lap dog, who tried to carry out his wishes of lashing us to the EUSSR.

Sorry, but it hasn't worked, no matter how many times she tried to push it through.
    Embarrassing really, as to how stupid she thought everyone was.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/09/david...ve-eu-7693516/

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The same David Davis who quit, after refusing to commit to May's capitulation and back door remain stance?
    Please RA spare me.
    May fooled the lot of us.
    Camerons lap dog, who tried to carry out his wishes of lashing us to the EUSSR.

Sorry, but it hasn't worked, no matter how many times she tried to push it through.
    Embarrassing really, as to how stupid she thought everyone was.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/09/david...ve-eu-7693516/
    Aye, that’s the one Tricky...the same David Davis who said...’If a democracy cannot change its mind it ceases to be a democracy’.
    Though that doesn’t seem to count where a second referendum is concerned.

Also the same David Davis who your man Dominic Cummings - that architect of Brexit - referred to as...’Thick as mince, lazy as a toad and vain as Narcissus’. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Aye, that’s the one Tricky...the same David Davis who said...’If a democracy cannot change its mind it ceases to be a democracy’.
    Though that doesn’t seem to count where a second referendum is concerned.

Also the same David Davis who your man Dominic Cummings - that architect of Brexit - referred to as...’Thick as mince, lazy as a toad and vain as Narcissus’. Maybe that had something to do with it.
    Or that arch Brxiteer Rees-Mogg the "man of the people" who went to Eton and is against gay marriage, abortion or laws to protect the environment.

Owns a city firm that has moved to Dublin to escape the damage Brexit will do to Britain and to enable his firm to continue to benefit from the EU.

And has called his children Alfred Wulfrid Leyson Pius, Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam or Sixtus Dominus Boniface, demands his staff use imperial mesurements even though metrication was a)nothing to do with the EU and b) is used by the majority of the nations in the world and is easier to use.

And still idiots don't understand that May was negotiating a WITHDRAWAL agreement, not the final agreement. but hey it will be worth the economic damage thats being done now and will be exacerbated by a no deal exit to stick to fingers up to the EU for imaginary political purposes.

Jeeze, if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Or that arch Brxiteer Rees-Mogg the "man of the people" who went to Eton and is against gay marriage, abortion or laws to protect the environment.

Owns a city firm that has moved to Dublin to escape the damage Brexit will do to Britain and to enable his firm to continue to benefit from the EU.

And has called his children Alfred Wulfrid Leyson Pius, Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam or Sixtus Dominus Boniface, demands his staff use imperial mesurements even though metrication was a)nothing to do with the EU and b) is used by the majority of the nations in the world and is easier to use.

And still idiots don't understand that May was negotiating a WITHDRAWAL agreement, not the final agreement. but hey it will be worth the economic damage thats being done now and will be exacerbated by a no deal exit to stick to fingers up to the EU for imaginary political purposes.

Jeeze, if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable!
    Nice to see you're back for your late night name calling rant. Was it sherry or port this eve?

I also use imperial measurements. Much more intuitive, but I admit there are less and less operatives at deli counters who can understand a request for 6 oz of ham.

That said the market fruit n veg stall still only works in pounds and ounces. I still buy beer in pints, travel miles in vehicles, my height is in feet and inches and my weight in stones, temperatures are of course in fahrenheit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Nice to see you're back for your late night name calling rant. Was it sherry or port this eve?
    Couple of pints of brave and the keyboard came out..

Page 503 of 922 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)