+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 506 of 922 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Whilst we are on about recession.
    One thing that will crash the economy for everyone is oil prices/availability.
    Considering the tensions in the gulf, it's a powder keg brewing again.
    Of course I am still awaiting for our European neighbours t grow a pair of bollox and help protect shipping in the gulf.
    We seized a tanker, under EU embargo rules and not one country has muttered a word of defence or help.
    As normal, Brits will carry the can for it, whilst Brussels plays with their privates under the table.
    As long as Junckers wine is flowing, he's happy.

Ah...the old total denial and let’s change the subject routine.

I should have known...the possibility of recession, the ever falling £, the prospect of an increased cost of living and food shortages...has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit or our esteemed - ‘what can I say today to attract the populist vote’ - Prime Minister...silly me!

P.S. Where have I ever suggested the ‘rest of the World is thriving’ and on the subject of democracy, which I know you Remainers hold so close, who elected Dominic Cummings?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I even got stuck behind 4 horsemen on my way to work this morning!
    They were statues. The horses had epoxy lips................

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Regardless of how it’s measured it seems we’re on the brink of recession, the £ is falling virtually every day against both the euro and the dollar, there’s talk of food and medicine shortages and stockpiling of ‘essential items’.
    Going well this Brexit malarkey isn’t it? Especially so with the latest ‘no deal’ - ‘do or die’ option.
    Thank you Prime Minister.
    And Germany is also not tettering on the edge of recession then? I really don’t get this medicine and food shortages malarkey. If there is any shortages, it won’t be the fault of Brexit, it will be the fault of poo poor planning by those companies who are importing.

I heard someone preaching the other day that butter was going up 1000%.. I despair at people sometimes..
    Definitely a drama teacher post.. Well done.

Ah...the old total denial and let’s change the subject routine.

I should have known...the possibility of recession, the ever falling £, the prospect of an increased cost of living and food shortages...has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit or our esteemed - ‘what can I say today to attract the populist vote’ - Prime Minister...silly me!

P.S. Where have I ever suggested the ‘rest of the World is thriving’ and on the subject of democracy, which I know you Remainers hold so close, who elected Dominic Cummings?
    Where did I total denial anything?
    I have said many times, I expect things to get worse, before they get a lot better.
    You seem oblivious to the fact that countries all over Europe are teetering on recession. Germany/France/Italy.
    Brexit isn't going to do them any good either. So perhaps, just perhaps, it'll **** them up enough to be more sensible.

Remember 0.88 pounds to the Euro? I do.
    The doom prophets never seem to mention that. The Euro zone is at a crossroads and all those countries up to their eye balls in debt are going to be its downfall.
    I'd sooner be out of that and not propping them up when it happens.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_debt_crisis

Drama queen teacher indeed.

Still no answer to the new European self defense policy then? A member country is harrassed and **** all response from Brussels?

Oh here we go again...Angry lying in wait with his childish sniping again.

You don’t get the medicine and food shortage stuff? Maybe that’s because you have somehow gone into denial about the facts that the pound is falling and we import a great deal more in terms of food than we produce ourselves.
    Maybe it’s because you have no idea how much money was wasted earlier this year with drugs companies having to arrange storage facilities in time for the original leaving date at the end of March. Millions of pounds and man hours have already been lost on that venture and that’s without speaking of the impact on temperature controlled food and drugs that the suggested chaos around our ports is likely to have.
    Maybe it’s because you’ve conveniently forgotten the impact on food and export prices that changes in tariffs will have.
    Who knows? Your whole attitude may be summed up by one single comment...’’If there are any shortages, it won’t be the fault of Brexit...’’
    Of course not...Brexit, in your opinion, is entirely blameless...the fact that the pound has been falling ever since the Referendum result, has gone into freefall since the arrival of Johnson and his ‘no deal...do or die’ strategy and only ever recovers slightly when there is talk of a Remain challenge when Parliament reconvenes is all just total coincidence.

I have no idea who made the ‘butter going up by 1000%’ comment, or if it was even made...so if you’re going to respond stick to the facts...ever since the Referendum our currency has effectively been devalued making all our imports more expensive and adding to everyone’s cost of living. There has been a vast amount of tax payers money wasted in preparation for Brexit and the negative impact on the ability of both individuals and businesses to plan for the future has been severely impaired.
    That is the truth of the matter but of course...according to you...it’s not ‘the fault of Brexit’.

rA "ever since the Referendum our currency has effectively been devalued"

It's great isn't it, my pension fund growth going into overdrive due to the weakening pound and wise self investment in US and Far Eastern equities. Long live Brexit and a weak pound. Not all doom and gloom.

Mind you if imported food prices rise, I'll just have to not buy imported food. I may struggle on some fruit out of season etc but if it rids the shelves of Irish beef, NZ lamb, Danish bacon and apples from every corner of the planet, then I, and the British farmers, will be more than happy.

We
    Oh here we go again...Angry lying in wait with his childish sniping again.

You don’t get the medicine and food shortage stuff? Maybe that’s because you have somehow gone into denial about the facts that the pound is falling and we import a great deal more in terms of food than we produce ourselves.
    Maybe it’s because you have no idea how much money was wasted earlier this year with drugs companies having to arrange storage facilities in time for the original leaving date at the end of March. Millions of pounds and man hours have already been lost on that venture and that’s without speaking of the impact on temperature controlled food and drugs that the suggested chaos around our ports is likely to have.
    Maybe it’s because you’ve conveniently forgotten the impact on food and export prices that changes in tariffs will have.
    Who knows? Your whole attitude may be summed up by one single comment...’’If there are any shortages, it won’t be the fault of Brexit...’’
    Of course not...Brexit, in your opinion, is entirely blameless...the fact that the pound has been falling ever since the Referendum result, has gone into freefall since the arrival of Johnson and his ‘no deal...do or die’ strategy and only ever recovers slightly when there is talk of a Remain challenge when Parliament reconvenes is all just total coincidence.

I have no idea who made the ‘butter going up by 1000%’ comment, or if it was even made...so if you’re going to respond stick to the facts...ever since the Referendum our currency has effectively been devalued making all our imports more expensive and adding to everyone’s cost of living. There has been a vast amount of tax payers money wasted in preparation for Brexit and the negative impact on the ability of both individuals and businesses to plan for the future has been severely impaired.
    That is the truth of the matter but of course...according to you...it’s not ‘the fault of Brexit’.
    The exchange rate of the GBP does not mean food shortages though does it.. The food will still be there.
    Exchange rates fluctuate all the time and are linked to numerous things.. You are desperate to park anything and everything at Brexits door.
    It really is not that hard to plan for Brexit.. It really isn’t.

QUOTE=Geoff Parkstone;39297807]rA "ever since the Referendum our currency has effectively been devalued"

It's great isn't it, my pension fund growth going into overdrive due to the weakening pound and wise self investment in US and Far Eastern equities. Long live Brexit and a weak pound. Not all doom and gloom.

Mind you if imported food prices rise, I'll just have to not buy imported food. I may struggle on some fruit out of season etc but if it rids the shelves of Irish beef, NZ lamb, Danish bacon and apples from every corner of the planet, then I, and the British farmers, will be more than happy.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...your pension arrangements, wondered why your views had changed so much of late.
    Can’t help feeling that your argument belongs to someone called ‘Jack’ rather than Geoff, but then, unless I’ve misunderstood, you voted Remain and as some of us have always maintained, it is the poor who don’t have access to such pension modifications who will be the ones to suffer most from Brexit.

As for food, I’m sure those self same farmers will be delighted to find that their European market evaporates as the tariffs that will be synonymous with a ‘no deal’ Brexit are enforced.

Views haven't changed, still prefer remain but there are benefits to a weak sterling. I know its a bit like betting on Derby to lose, but it does offset the pain.

As previously noted:

https://youtu.be/L8zhNb8ANe8

I'm not sure how come you reckon that not everyone has access to a self invested pension fund, since they have been a requirement of any employer for a couple of years now. For the self employed, anyone would be pretty stupid not to have been salting a little bit away for quite a while, especially us old farts. For the unemployed, maybe they don't have any pension saving, but see link above.

Of course ex teachers, amongst other public sector employees, have never had such worries.....

Page 506 of 922 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)