+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 922 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

True Swale but they do train people and plan quite efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    True Swale but they do train people and plan quite efficiently
    So Ive heard, not having met any personally...thankfully.

So there we have it, it was all about stopping those hordes of foreigners disguised as terrorists and criminals coming over here trained by some unknown foreign power to turn the UK muslim! Seems like Trump isn't so crazy after all... quick block the channel tunnel!

Yes that's exactly why people do not want to debate with you

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes that's exactly why people do not want to debate with you
    The sentient ones do, the xenophobes I dont give a toss about, there those who because they believe something thinks its a fact, I or indeed anyone else may point out that the facts and figures dont support that belief, but because they believe its true they take no notice, kind of difficult to debate with people like that!

Swales. Sententious. " trying to sound wise pompously moralizing "ring any bells

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The sentient ones do, the xenophobes I dont give a toss about, there those who because they believe something thinks its a fact, I or indeed anyone else may point out that the facts and figures dont support that belief, but because they believe its true they take no notice, kind of difficult to debate with people like that!
    Good grief, we're not worthy

With respect mista, there's a huge difference between the meanings of 'sentient' and 'sententious'. Every reason to describe Swale as being 'sentient'...occasionally angry and outspoken too perhaps..but not 'sententious' imo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 31-07-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Or, for that matter, I wouldnt describe him as scented!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Or, for that matter, I wouldnt describe him as scented!
    Oh I don't know...never met the man but I suspect a hint of 'incense and patchouli'. Great scent but - today's quiz question - which song refers to that aroma and how, shockingly disappointingly, old is the performer now?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I'm curious Swale, exactly how far do you have to go, to be a xenophobe?
    You see it's become a buzz word with the remainers, along with racist/bigot/little Englander etc.

Definition of xenophobe
    : one unduly fearful of what is foreign and especially of people of foreign origin

Now you can't actually walk 20 yards in most of this country, without passing a "foreigner".
    It isn't going to change.
    The Brexiters campaigned against the open door flood of migration, unabated chaos which has/is effecting everyone in the country in one form or another. 350 000 a year isn't a few coaches coming over and folks quite rightly said, this has gone far enough.

The left/Liberals immediately scream racist/xenophobe/bigot etc.
    It's designed to make folks feel guilty and shamed and to back down. The vote said, folks were not backing down this time.
    No one has said, no immigration. But they do want it controlled and checks carried out on who is coming in. USA/Australia/New Zealand/Canada do it. I have been to all of them with no problems. I get caught with a record, they aint having me anymore and that's absolutely fine.
    We won't ever agree Swale, you have your opinion.
    Not everyone agrees with mine, but no one has the right to brand/slate me for having it.
    Yes I'm a nationalist and proud. I never have, nor never will want to be a part of a super mish mash of countries and all the grief that comes with it.
    You may like it, that's your prerogative, but it appears my desires are currently the flavour so I'm happy at that.
    Even the latest YOUGOV poll shows the jocks have no desire to leave the UK, so another myth by the frying pan face mouth of Sturgeon goes up in smoke.
    I may not even need my bayonet for WW3 at this rate.
    Have a nice day.

Page 53 of 922 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)