+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 535 of 922 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585635 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Geert knows but the remoaners won't have it. I still think Boris will get us out though
    on the 31st!
    What you place your trust in a proven liar, who has demonstrated over the past week or so that he hasn't even a grasp on the slightest detail on Brexit? Enogh said really, theres none so blind as cannot see!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh give over. A decent negotiator, who wasn't a closet remainer would have helped.
    She did her best to stitch this up and make a pigs ear of it.

Geert knows
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9uEZOahueU
    Forgive me if I take no notice of your opinion, none of it is based on any understanding of what is actually involved and most of it is fed by ignorant bigotry and xenophobia which again is not based on any truth.

Lets face it everytime you post, you just demonstrate how utterly clueless you are!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Forgive me if I take no notice of your opinion, none of it is based on any understanding of what is actually involved and most of it is fed by ignorant bigotry and xenophobia which again is not based on any truth.

Lets face it everytime you post, you just demonstrate how utterly clueless you are!
    Well take no notice. You know better than everyone else in your own head. Your arrogance knows no bounds.
    I would like to see you prove my bigotry and xenophobia.
    But then again, you're not known for listening to the truth either.

Not even a mention of Geerts comments. But then again, it's too close to the knuckle for you.
    Do as I say, not as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agree with that Swale. I’d get your tin hat ready though...can already hear the predictable howls of outrage from the Brentford and Nottingham branches of the Brexit Party.

Imagine your response to that will probably be in the Geoff Boycott category.
    Either way...if anyone needs confirmation of the degree of contempt the current Government has for democracy in this country they can surely no longer have any doubts after last night.

Anag I know only too well that there is no debate to be had with most on here, a few have some grasp of the reality, most just spout utter nonsense.

Over the past 3 years most of my work has seen thousands of well paid jobs, millions of pounds in economic activity and tax revenue migrate out of the country and we haven't even left yet.

IF we did leave the EU without a deal, the economic and political consequences would be devastating and so would the social consequences, but when you here Brexit supporters saying "independence" is worth any amount of pain, you realise that they are in some strange virtual reality.

Anyway it wont happen, as was ever going to be the case, the bumbling philandering liar that disgracefully is the PM of the UK and the front man for the far right people pushing a no deal Brexit wont succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I take it your referring to the BBC who gives Farage more air time than virtually any other person?
    The 'any other person' possibly being Owen Jones

There has been a lot of talk over the past 3 years on the chaos at ports in the event of No Deal. Here is an interesting point of view from the man who used to run the port of Dover. How true is it? Anybody's guess........

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...t-really-like/

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agree with that Swale. I’d get your tin hat ready though...can already hear the predictable howls of outrage from the Brentford and Nottingham branches of the Brexit Party.

Imagine your response to that will probably be in the Geoff Boycott category.
    Either way...if anyone needs confirmation of the degree of contempt the current Government has for democracy in this country they can surely no longer have any doubts after last night.
    Actually not from me. At least he made his point without calling people idiots etc. I don’t agree with it but he put it well and it was an interesting read.. There are some valid points to discuss. I am sure people on both sides took in everything they were told.. Easy deals / Project Fear. But that was not everyone, which seems to be the inference.. What about the remainders who are equally disgusted with the state of parliament and the self interest of a few who see the EU as a gravy train when they eventually get voted out of their seats.

I have no idea where we are now with all this.. What I do know is that it needs to finish and leave is really the only option now. Staying will cause a bigger division than we have today. Just how we would have any trust in any government is unclear and may take generations to resolve. I can hear you thinking that it will take generations to get over Brexit.. I don’t agree, people and business will adjust and evolve.
    These current incumbents will forever hold their heads in shame. Red or Blue, makes no difference, Brexit should not be party political. Look at the Labour Party now.. They are still all over the place in a desperate attempt to please everyone because their support base is split between leave and stay.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    There has been a lot of talk over the past 3 years on the chaos at ports in the event of No Deal. Here is an interesting point of view from the man who used to run the port of Dover. How true is it? Anybody's guess........

Actually the guy speaks a lot of sense.. All these dramas about no food and no medicine are crazy.. IF Tesco did not have produce a available for sale then it would be their logistics department at fault not Brexit. Manage your supply chain.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Iain Dale is an intelligent man and a competent broadcaster, MA.
    He is also an arch advocate of Brexit and a failed wannabe right of centre politician...I wouldn’t put a lot of trust in his or LBC’s level of objectivity where this particular issue is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Actually not from me. At least he made his point without calling people idiots etc. I don’t agree with it but he put it well and it was an interesting read.. There are some valid points to discuss. I am sure people on both sides took in everything they were told.. Easy deals / Project Fear. But that was not everyone, which seems to be the inference.. What about the remainders who are equally disgusted with the state of parliament and the self interest of a few who see the EU as a gravy train when they eventually get voted out of their seats.

I have no idea where we are now with all this.. What I do know is that it needs to finish and leave is really the only option now. Staying will cause a bigger division than we have today. Just how we would have any trust in any government is unclear and may take generations to resolve. I can hear you thinking that it will take generations to get over Brexit.. I don’t agree, people and business will adjust and evolve.
    These current incumbents will forever hold their heads in shame. Red or Blue, makes no difference, Brexit should not be party political. Look at the Labour Party now.. They are still all over the place in a desperate attempt to please everyone because their support base is split between leave and stay.
    Wow...an almost conciliatory post from the Angry one. Are you on Prozac or have you been hacked?

Nice to see anyway. Have to take issue with your ‘leave is really the only option now’ though.

Why is that?

The overwhelming mood of Parliament - before it was silenced/suspended/prorogued/censored/shut down - and possibly the country as a whole is one of opposition to a ‘No Deal’ Brexit.

For the reasons you have explained, a General Election is not the answer.
    Despite Johnsons’s stupidly inept attempt to ‘cloud’ the matter, all major Parties, the Lib Dems and the SNP apart, are split to some extent or other, on the pros and cons of Brexit.

All an Election is likely to achieve is another hung Parliament with small groups of MP’s representing organisations like the DUP and possibly the Brexit Party holding a disproportionate amount of power.

With all that in mind, surely a second - better informed - Referendum is the only democratic solution, although interestingly only the Labour Party appears to support this option.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Page 535 of 922 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585635 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)