+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 922 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

At the risk of answering a question aimed at Swale, I think you're confused Tricky. The 350,000 figure was the number of pounds you Brexiteers promised the NHS each week as a reward for leaving Europe wasn't it? Don't remember it relating to migrants.
    How's that promise going btw? Oh, no...I remember now...it was abandoned the very next morning after the vote wasn't it?

More seriously though, you're right...Swale and I, amongst others, have a different view from you. Doesn't mean either you or we are necessarily wrong or right but we are unlikely to see eye to eye.
    On the subject of xenophobia however I do think you've missed the point. Speaking personally I recognise the need for reasonable controls on immigration and that we cannot simply allow the proverbial floodgates to open. No one however is shouting xenophobe/racist or bigot, as you put it, to make people feel ashamed. Rather it is the case that there are those who recognise the need for control and there are those - and there are a few on here - who automatically associate the word 'immigrant' with 'rapist', 'terrorist', 'benefit seeker' or '*** offender'. That is clearly ridiculous and, by your own definition, is equally clearly xenophobic.

Al Stewart "Year of the Cat"

Thought you'd be first. Spot on...1976...great album. He's 71 next month but still performing I think.

RamAnag. I think sententious is very good word to describe Swales He definitely could do with some anger management Even the most inoffensive poster on here OTR he to

Lol...have to disagree mista. Not just about Swale but also about OTR. Inoffensive...you reckon?
    Good poster, imo, but a proper stirring old so and so at times too. Just what this forum needs sometimes and it's a pity he's gone a bit quiet, but I wouldn't describe him as 'inoffensive' and he certainly gives as good as he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    At the risk of answering a question aimed at Swale, I think you're confused Tricky. The 350,000 figure was the number of pounds you Brexiteers promised the NHS each week as a reward for leaving Europe wasn't it? Don't remember it relating to migrants.
    How's that promise going btw? Oh, no...I remember now...it was abandoned the very next morning after the vote wasn't it?

More seriously though, you're right...Swale and I, amongst others, have a different view from you. Doesn't mean either you or we are necessarily wrong or right but we are unlikely to see eye to eye.
    On the subject of xenophobia however I do think you've missed the point. Speaking personally I recognise the need for reasonable controls on immigration and that we cannot simply allow the proverbial floodgates to open. No one however is shouting xenophobe/racist or bigot, as you put it, to make people feel ashamed. Rather it is the case that there are those who recognise the need for control and there are those - and there are a few on here - who automatically associate the word 'immigrant' with 'rapist', 'terrorist', 'benefit seeker' or '*** offender'. That is clearly ridiculous and, by your own definition, is equally clearly xenophobic.
    The 350 000 was never on the cards anyway. Especially when you subtract the rebate.
    I find it highly amusing, how you and Swale band this about, whilst ignoring the -
    Imminent implosion of the economy
    Pensioners on the streets
    each house being £4500 out of pocket
    WW3
    The NHS will fall apart
    3.5 million will lose their jobs.
    And on and on.

Yes the idiotic Grove/Johnson got that wrong.
    But Cameron/Osborne? C'mon, Satan himself has a seat saved for those two for lying.

The conundrum for you remainers was and still is, that to stay in the EU. There is NO control on immigration from within the EU.
    Can't be/never/not on the table/ set in stone.
    So you accept that reasonable controls have to be in place, yet the EU will never allow that. had we voted remain, guarenteed that would have opened the flood gates for all sorts. Not just us, but Europe itself.
    There is a calm before the storm at the moment. The EU is trying to re think/stabilize the situation.
    It isn't working, the rest of Europe is waking up and I guarantee you a ****storm before the next year is out.

I'll make a last fact statement to you, crime. Prisoner populations are falling in the eastern bloc countries.
    Ours are rising- fast

Try and get up to date figures if you can. They are not easy to gather as of late. I wonder why?

http://thejusticeofthepeaceblog.blog...n-british.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The 350 000 was never on the cards anyway. Especially when you subtract the rebate.
    I find it highly amusing, how you and Swale band this about, whilst ignoring the -
    Imminent implosion of the economy
    Pensioners on the streets
    each house being £4500 out of pocket
    WW3
    The NHS will fall apart
    3.5 million will lose their jobs.
    And on and on.

Yes the idiotic Grove/Johnson got that wrong.
    But Cameron/Osborne? C'mon, Satan himself has a seat saved for those two for lying.

The conundrum for you remainers was and still is, that to stay in the EU. There is NO control on immigration from within the EU.
    Can't be/never/not on the table/ set in stone.
    So you accept that reasonable controls have to be in place, yet the EU will never allow that. had we voted remain, guarenteed that would have opened the flood gates for all sorts. Not just us, but Europe itself.
    There is a calm before the storm at the moment. The EU is trying to re think/stabilize the situation.
    It isn't working, the rest of Europe is waking up and I guarantee you a ****storm before the next year is out.

I'll make a last fact statement to you, crime. Prisoner populations are falling in the eastern bloc countries.
    Ours are rising- fast

Try and get up to date figures if you can. They are not easy to gather as of late. I wonder why?

http://thejusticeofthepeaceblog.blog...n-british.html

You back for more Tricky? If your feeling sensitive about being labelled a xenophobe, I'd go back and read one of your posts which showed your true colours and your still peddling the criminals *******s as if its a crime wave.

You may believe certain things but the facts do not support your belief - yet again you infer that Anag and I had any faith in what Cameroon and his cronies were saying when I've repeatedly said I didn't.

We have immigration controls and so does the EU or what were the French playing at the other weekend? Its this idea that there is a great tide of immigrants coming into the country who are here to commit crimes, acts of terror or just to sponge off the state which is utter lies that is spouted by Brexit.

Now the point being argued that a mass immigration for work - which is what the vast majority of EU migrants do is changing the nature of the country, in certain areas is true, but the point is given we dont have people in the labour force with the right skills or willing to do certain jobs, how is leaving the EU going to change that?

As for the **** storm, well you seem almost gleeful that your predicting an apocalypse! What will most likely happen is that there will be shift in the EU, just a shame the Uk wont be there to influence and shape it.

Maybe this is why people worry. The government can't even get the vetted ones right.

SHOCKING police figures released for England and Wales have shown nearly 900 Syrians have been arrested in just one year.

Police have arrested 900 people from Syria in a year
    And officials say the migrants were accused of sickening crimes including rapes and child abuse.

Now critics say they are concerned that the thousands of Syrians entering Britain each year under resettlement schemes are being allowed to enter the country unchecked.

Among those arrested are four Syrian immigrants have been charged after two 14-year-old girls were allegedly ***ually assaulted - just yards from Newcastle United's stadium.

But the EU wants to flood Europe unabated. It is scary stuff.
    Before the racist screams start, I agree with helping Syrians. I also believe that temporary residence only. Not just Syria, every time this raises its head.
    They should go home as soon as its safe. 90 % of them are young males anyway. Their own country needs them back.

Well maybe we mention the £350k per week lie because that's something we KNOW was a major lie whereas the rest is simply your view of the apparently imminent apocalypse.
    Anyway, thanks for taking time out from your other job as 'prophet of doom'. I'm honestly not sure where you stand on anything now but I do wish you'd recognise that I've got no time for Cameron and Osborn either, I just happened to be on the same side over the EU, and a very uncomfortable experience it was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Maybe this is why people worry. The government can't even get the vetted ones right.

SHOCKING police figures released for England and Wales have shown nearly 900 Syrians have been arrested in just one year.

Police have arrested 900 people from Syria in a year
    And officials say the migrants were accused of sickening crimes including rapes and child abuse.

Now critics say they are concerned that the thousands of Syrians entering Britain each year under resettlement schemes are being allowed to enter the country unchecked.

Among those arrested are four Syrian immigrants have been charged after two 14-year-old girls were allegedly ***ually assaulted - just yards from Newcastle United's stadium.

But the EU wants to flood Europe unabated. It is scary stuff.
    Before the racist screams start, I agree with helping Syrians. I also believe that temporary residence only. Not just Syria, every time this raises its head.
    They should go home as soon as its safe. 90 % of them are young males anyway. Their own country needs them back.

So why scoop a news item from disreputable papers that use statistics selectively to push a certain agenda? There were 6.8 million crimes recorded last year, down on the year before and part of a long term decline since the mid 1990's, yet to read your posts one would think it was on the increase?

What is the relevance of Syrians and 14 year old girls? I take it no UK citizens committed these sorts of offence over the past 12 months then?

It all smacks of a xenophobic approach whereby these strange foreigners are the root of all evil, wheres just like any other human they commit crimes of all sorts but certain of the more henious ones are picked out for drmatic effect.

It also reflective that there are arrests, how many other races were arrested during the same period and what for?

The Eu is far from adopting a welcome all comers approach, in fact its in a bit of a bind as borders are shut all over the place to non Eu nationals, what do you think the agreement with Turkey about sending refugees back was all about? Again you stretch the facts to suit your rather strange agenda.

The refugee issue is one that the UK will have to deal with inside or outside the EU, with the EU states, anyone who thinks that Brexit solves that thorny issue truly is deluded!

Page 54 of 922 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)