+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 569 of 922 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579619669 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I can think of many adjectives to describe Jo Swinson - dull, disappointing and careerist amongst them - but ‘extreme’ she is not.
    Blimey Andy...you’ll be calling Ken Clarke a ‘revolutionary’ next.
    It’s all about perspective RA, she wants to ignore the ‘will of the people’ without even letting ‘the people’ have a say. That’s borderline dictatorship

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It’s all about perspective RA, she wants to ignore the ‘will of the people’ without even letting ‘the people’ have a say. That’s borderline dictatorship
    I concur Andy.

If Farage is a right wing extremist for his version of Brexit.
    Then Swinson is as far opposite as you can get. Not only remain/but ignoring any referendum full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I concur Andy.

If Farage is a right wing extremist for his version of Brexit.
    Then Swinson is as far opposite as you can get. Not only remain/but ignoring any referendum full stop.
    I don’t rate Swinson very highly but being the ‘opposite’ of a right wing extremist clearly doesn’t make her an extremist.

Neither does she want to ‘ignore any referendum’ and can we please stop referring to the result of the June 2016 as the ‘will of the people’ when it patently isn’t.

Swinson has consistently supported the idea of a second, better informed referendum...you might want to ask yourself who has, equally consistently, opposed it.

I don’t rate Swinson very highly but being the ‘opposite’ of a right wing extremist clearly doesn’t make her an extremist.

Neither does she want to ‘ignore any referendum’ and can we please stop referring to the result of the June 2016 as the ‘will of the people’ when it patently isn’t.

Swinson has consistently supported the idea of a second, better informed referendum...you might want to ask yourself who has, equally consistently, opposed it.
    Sorry it’s my turn to be confused by you rather than vv, one of us must have ‘missed 60 Minutes’ As Bill Clay once said. Last time I looked she led the Lib Dem’s who’s policy is to revoke article 50 without referring to the electorate if they come to power

Sorry it’s my turn to be confused by you rather than vv, one of us must have ‘missed 60 Minutes’ As Bill Clay once said. Last time I looked she led the Lib Dem’s who’s policy is to revoke article 50 without referring to the electorate if they come to power
    Take your point completely, Andy but she has also been at the forefront of the campaign for a ‘People’s Vote’.

Take your point completely, Andy but she has also been at the forefront of the campaign for a ‘People’s Vote’.
    If I stop saying ‘will of the people’ will you stop saying ‘people’s vote’? What the **** else are referendums? Although we might get more clarity if we got our pets to vote....

If I stop saying ‘will of the people’ will you stop saying ‘people’s vote’? What the **** else are referendums? Although we might get more clarity if we got our pets to vote....
    Sorry...it was a quote, not my terminology, but...yes.

Sorry...it was a quote, not my terminology, but...yes.
    And so we take the first baby step on the long road to compromise...

And so we take the first baby step on the long road to compromise...
    You and I have always been capable of compromise, Andy.
    It’s those politicians with careers that hinge on the outcome of Brexit and/or the next election that we have to be wary of, along with those that blindly follow them.

Tbf...I think the phrase ‘People’s Vote’ was one coined by the LibDems to clearly differentiate between an outcome reached via a second Referendum and one directed by the tactics of our PM, Dominic Cummings and the unscrupulous (imo) ERG but I do take your point.

What a mess. They all say they want a General Election. BoJo wants it on 12/12. LibDems and SNP want 9/12. Labour don't seem to know when they want it but they do know they want No Deal off the table before they agree to one....... I, in my innocence, thought the Benn Law already had No Deal off the table.......

I saw a video on YT earlier today. Whether you agree with the figures or not, the guy said 17.4M people voted out and under the rules of the referendum, because only 16.1M voted to remain, the public vote was to leave. He went on to say that the only reason the UK is still in the EU is that the establishment don't like the outcome of the referendum. 70% of MPs don't want out. He then mentioned 2 other demographic establishment groups, whose "names" I forget at 70% and 90% not wanting Brexit.

That is the problem in a nutshell he said.

Page 569 of 922 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579619669 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)