+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 575 of 922 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625675 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    All parties fought the last GE on a platform of organising Brexit. 2 years got wasted because May didn't think it was time yet to formulate what she wanted as a deal so the EU did it for her. ****e deal it was too. BoJo's mess is even worse. The prat removed the clauses on worker rights, consumer rights and environmental protection knowing full well Labour could never support that omission.

MPs have actually been doing their job in trying to get the best possible circumstances for their constituents. In the beginning they were right to do so. I don't blame a single MP who voted down two damned awful deals. No Deal will break the Tories precious Union, robbing them of the 20 odd billion a year they make out of the Scots. A good deal will help both the UK and the EU.

Cut the ties between the UK and the EIB which could still cost the UK up to 40 billion over the next couple of decades.

Independence? The deal says any future UK trade deals will come under ECJ Law. Awful.

I know the public is fed up of the whole sorry mess. Now, MPs who, against their better knowledge, decided to go with Brexit are now looking to stop Brexit.

IMO no deal is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. The EU put their proposal together by October 2016. It was a full 2 years later before May and her cabinet came up with her Chequers deal. Why so late? IMO they either wanted BRINO or No Brexit and have been angling for that ever since.

What are the choices? Basically none. Labour is no longer the party of the working class. I suspect a Tory/Brexit landslide and the 1% will be rubing their little hands in glee at 5 more years of tax breaks for them and little to nothing for the masses.
    I think you will find that Labour is more of a party for the working classes than any of the others! I realise the Right Wing media have been smearing Corbyn for years, though funny how they don't do the same to the lying cheating ******* that is the current PM! I also get it that Corbyn does not come across as a dynamic leader, though its odd when people acuse politicians of being smart suited conmen, they don't seem to like one who isn't!

The problem Corbyn has is twofold, he is lukewarm about the EU, that probably reflects the views of most sensible people, its far from perfect (there again show me an institution organisation run by humans that is!) but on balnce being in the EU is better than being out of it. If we do brexit, then a Norway style deal is probably the best we are likely to get, but of course this doesn't suit those tired old ****s who hark back to the days when the Uk was a major power!

Corbyn also understands that for whatever reason, many core labour voters voted for Brexit, not becuase they had any idea what that would mean, but largely because they were pissed off with their circumstances and are generally fearful of foreigners! So he has to find a middle way, whilst Johnson is just pandering to his core conservatives, still could be interesting come polling day, will enough people vote for a party led by a lying privileged member of the establishment elite that sure as egs is eggs will shaft them completely if they get enough power?

Must dash, I have to work out where in the EU I shall live if the Tories win a majority and then implement the equivalent of shooting oneself in both feet and one arm, enough to disable and cause pain, but just short of economic suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Must dash, I have to work out where in the EU I shall live if the Tories win a majority and then implement the equivalent of shooting oneself in both feet and one arm, enough to disable and cause pain, but just short of economic suicide.
    May I suggest the Netherlands, Swale? I have enjoyed living here for the past 35 years and, if I move anywhere, it will be to warmer climes such as a Mediterranean island or the Canaries or maybe the coast of Greece, Italy or Spain where the cost of living is friendly to OAP's like me.

Health care? Insurance based. I have a top of the line policy that covers everything I am likely to need and it costs about £110 a month. I also pay the first £320 a year of all treatment and medicines. The meds I am on cost £1400 a year. The causes behind my needing those meds mean I have to have blood tests twice a year for the Cardiologist for heart related issues. Another twice a year for my GP practice where the rest is checked. Dental costs are also covered.

The hospitals etc aren't profit making organisations so the prices are "normal". The same goes for the insurance companies on their health policies. That is enshrined in Law.

The locals are very friendly and 99% speak English which means they are already assimilated

Taxes are relatvely high but you get a lot back for your money.

‘Taxes are relatively high but you get a lot back for your money’.

Wise words...seldom heard and ones that put this election into perspective.

The Parties are currently falling over themselves to make spending promises as far as the big four of health, education, policing and care for the elderly are concerned, rather begging the question of what the last nine years of savage cuts have been all about.

But how can they? Firstly it is currently impossible to factor in the cost of Brexit - because we don’t know what ‘deal’ we’ll be getting - and secondly we have to grasp the nettle that a low tax economy seems incompatible with one which supports high public spending.

The public might, imo, tolerate the truth of taxes needing to rise if they are to ‘get a lot back for their money’ but they need politicians to be honest and they need to see such spending translated into genuine resources i.e. hospitals, nurses and doctors, as opposed to more managers. Teachers, resources and smaller class sizes rather than highly paid ‘executive heads’ who all too often know next to nothing about children and proper policemen/law enforcement officers who ‘walk’ the streets rather than spend half their working lives as reluctant form fillers.

Yes, but you know as well as I do that more lies are told at election times concerning increased spending plans than are told about ***** size on some of the more salubrious dating sites. And the latter is, I am told, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yes, but you know as well as I do that more lies are told at election times concerning increased spending plans than are told about ***** size on some of the more salubrious dating sites. And the latter is, I am told, a lot.
    Yes Geoff but there are some of us who don't have to lie about *****size on web sites

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Taxes are relatively high but you get a lot back for your money’.

Wise words...seldom heard and ones that put this election into perspective.

The Parties are currently falling over themselves to make spending promises as far as the big four of health, education, policing and care for the elderly are concerned, rather begging the question of what the last nine years of savage cuts have been all about.

But how can they? Firstly it is currently impossible to factor in the cost of Brexit - because we don’t know what ‘deal’ we’ll be getting - and secondly we have to grasp the nettle that a low tax economy seems incompatible with one which supports high public spending.

The public might, imo, tolerate the truth of taxes needing to rise if they are to ‘get a lot back for their money’ but they need politicians to be honest and they need to see such spending translated into genuine resources i.e. hospitals, nurses and doctors, as opposed to more managers. Teachers, resources and smaller class sizes rather than highly paid ‘executive heads’ who all too often know next to nothing about children and proper policemen/law enforcement officers who ‘walk’ the streets rather than spend half their working lives as reluctant form fillers.
    RA I watched Andrew Neil on Friday night interviewing Rishi Sunak chief Secretary to the Treasury . He was saying what they are going to spend on police, nhs, teachers etc Neil said to him us But your going to go to the money ,no we're not ,yes you are, well sort of, Neil there your going to borrow , yes but only because the economy is so strong and interest rates so low You couldn't make it up and they say Labour has a money tree
    Last edited by mistaram; 05-11-2019 at 12:51 PM.

May I suggest the Netherlands, Swale? I have enjoyed living here for the past 35 years and, if I move anywhere, it will be to warmer climes such as a Mediterranean island or the Canaries or maybe the coast of Greece, Italy or Spain where the cost of living is friendly to OAP's like me.

Health care? Insurance based. I have a top of the line policy that covers everything I am likely to need and it costs about £110 a month. I also pay the first £320 a year of all treatment and medicines. The meds I am on cost £1400 a year. The causes behind my needing those meds mean I have to have blood tests twice a year for the Cardiologist for heart related issues. Another twice a year for my GP practice where the rest is checked. Dental costs are also covered.

The hospitals etc aren't profit making organisations so the prices are "normal". The same goes for the insurance companies on their health policies. That is enshrined in Law.

The locals are very friendly and 99% speak English which means they are already assimilated

Taxes are relatvely high but you get a lot back for your money.
    AS it happens MA I have a Dutch son in law, so I am well versed with life in the Netherlands, though he has lived and worked over here for over 10 years and is currently negotiating his way through the minefield that is "settled status".

Whilst I like the Dutch (no choice really ha ha!) I do find the flat landscape a touch depressing especially in the winter, my thoughts tend towards warmer climes with dramatic scenery.

Totally agree with you on the smear campaign the press has successfully waged against Corbyn. However, I do despair at the thought of Miss Abbott as Home Secretary. Forget the press, forget the social media memes....... she really does come across as being 3 votes short of a majority upstairs.

Totally agree with you on the smear campaign the press has successfully waged against Corbyn. However, I do despair at the thought of Miss Abbott as Home Secretary. Forget the press, forget the social media memes....... she really does come across as being 3 votes short of a majority upstairs.
    Recognise your doubts over Diane Abbott, MA. I doubt that she’s a bad person - far from it - but she does come across as someone who has been promoted beyond her level of ability and is, as such, something of an electoral liability.

Then again, with characters like the ignorant and reprehensible Rees-Mogg and Dominic ‘I didn’t realise how important Dover is’ Raab likely to hold positions of power within any future Tory cabinet is she really that much worse?

Both you and Swale are, imo, absolutely right to flag up the role of the media in the forthcoming GE. Yesterday was a case in point...we saw Sky News broadcast Johnson’s departing address to his cabinet. Can’t recall that happening before but it wasn’t actually an address to the cabinet at all, it was an unofficial party political broadcast and Sky were complicit in that.

Sorry rA, Dianne Abbott is a total waste of space and an embarrassment to the party, her gender and her race. Does anyone think that, if she had been a white male MP she would still hold down a prominent position in any party. She is an example of tokenism at its worst.

Page 575 of 922 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625675 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)