+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 577 of 922 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Whilst RA is right that no one person should be singled out, she is the sterotypical token placement for any party. Had she been white/straight/in any other party. She'd have been binned years ago.

1) Diane Abbot has claimed Brexit was triggered by racists who did not like seeing people who look 'foreign' on their streets. She Branded Brexiters "Stupid and Racist"
    2) She said Brexit supporters had attacked ethnic minority voters afterwards but has no evidence to back this up
    2) Said when people spoke about immigrants, often included people like her from ethnic minority backgrounds who had been British for generations (Her Parents are Jamaican, she has been brought up traditionally Jamaican. Her loyalties are clearly biased towards West Indian people).
    3) "London shouldn't have another white middle ages mayor"
    4) "Blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" are unsuitable as nurses because they had "never met a black person before"
    5) Abbott tweeted "White people love playing 'divide and rule' We should not play their game" in 2012
    6) Abbott suggested that taxi drivers discriminate on racial grounds, tweeting that she was "Dubious of black people claiming they’ve never experienced racism. Ever tried hailing a taxi I always wonder?"
    7) Abbott captures a central political fact, which is that white people in western societies have benefited from their histories of colonial exploitation. .She used the hashtag "tactics as old as colonialism."
    8) “West Indian mothers would go to the wall for their children”, suggesting others would not, Andrew Neil responded: "So black mums love their kids more than white mums, do they?" She could not bring herself to say mothers of every race love their children just as much.
    9) The MP was investigated by the Committee on Standards and Privileges in 2004 when it emerged she had failed to declare earnings of £17,300 for appearances on The Week.
    10) Has a charity that helps black children only in education and spent 29K of its 35K budget on a party for Parliament.
    ‘Whilst RA is right that no one person should be singled out’...that’s exactly what you’ve just done.

Did you get all that from the Sun or the Express Tricky?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Whilst RA is right that no one person should be singled out’...that’s exactly what you’ve just done.

Did you get all that from the Sun or the Express Tricky?
    Nope, change.org.

Are you denying any of it?
    Are you saying it would be swept away if the boot was on the other foot?

She's more than a simpleton. She's a nasty piece of work.
    I didn't even start on her as to what she says about the nation.
    If you think this woman needs defending, especially as a shadow home secretary, then god help you.
    Personally, I think Corbyn will lock up for a bit like last time. Out of sight and out of mind.
    Live grenade.

Nope, change.org.

Are you denying any of it?
    Are you saying it would be swept away if the boot was on the other foot?

She's more than a simpleton. She's a nasty piece of work.
    I didn't even start on her as to what she says about the nation.
    If you think this woman needs defending, especially as a shadow home secretary, then god help you.
    Personally, I think Corbyn will lock up for a bit like last time. Out of sight and out of mind.
    Live grenade.
    I’ve said, repeatedly, that I think she’s a bit of an electoral liability and I don’t particularly like the woman.
    I honestly don’t know the truth of your accusations and I don’t doubt that she’s said and done some stupid things but to take just the first three things you’ve suggested...

1) ‘Brexit was triggered by racists who didn’t like seeing people who look foreign on their streets’. Sadly there is more than a grain of truth in that suggestion and SOME Brexiters do seem to have been motivated by little other than basic prejudice.

2) ‘She said Brexit supporters had attacked ethnic minority voters’. It is certainly true that some Brexit supporters attacked people of ethnic minority appearance in the aftermath of the Referendum.

3) ‘Said when people spoke about immigrants, often included people like her from from ethnic minority minority backgrounds who had been British for generations’. There is a common misconception amongst some that those of ‘ethnic appearance’ are somehow not British despite the fact that they may have been born here.

I could go on but let’s leave it there...other than to add that I completely agree with mista’s comments below about Patel.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-11-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Whilst RA is right that no one person should be singled out, she is the sterotypical token placement for any party. Had she been white/straight/in any other party. She'd have been binned years ago.

1) Diane Abbot has claimed Brexit was triggered by racists who did not like seeing people who look 'foreign' on their streets. She Branded Brexiters "Stupid and Racist"
    2) She said Brexit supporters had attacked ethnic minority voters afterwards but has no evidence to back this up
    2) Said when people spoke about immigrants, often included people like her from ethnic minority backgrounds who had been British for generations (Her Parents are Jamaican, she has been brought up traditionally Jamaican. Her loyalties are clearly biased towards West Indian people).
    4) "Blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" are unsuitable as nurses because they had "never met a black person before"
    5) Abbott tweeted "White people love playing 'divide and rule' We should not play their game" in 2012
    6) Abbott suggested that taxi drivers discriminate on racial grounds, tweeting that she was "Dubious of black people claiming they’ve never experienced racism. Ever tried hailing a taxi I always wonder?"
    7) Abbott captures a central political fact, which is that white people in western societies have benefited from their histories of colonial exploitation. .She used the hashtag "tactics as old as colonialism."
    8) “West Indian mothers would go to the wall for their children”, suggesting others would not, Andrew Neil responded: "So black mums love their kids more than white mums, do they?" She could not bring herself to say mothers of every race love their children just as much.
    9) The MP was investigated by the Committee on Standards and Privileges in 2004 when it emerged she had failed to declare earnings of £17,300 for appearances on The Week.
    10) Has a charity that helps black children only in education and spent 29K of its 35K budget on a party for Parliament.

Trickur y have to agree about Abott she's a dimwit and is only there because of her colour very much the same as the present Home Secretary Priti Patel an extreme right Thaterite

Sacked as as Internatial Delelopment Secretary for illegal meetings with Israeli Government
    Lobbyist for the alcohol and tobacco industry
    Voted to have the smoking ban refunded
    Voted for the banning of alcohol duty
    Refused to say how much she was paid by them to the Commonss select committee
    Voted against same *** marriage
    She said Britain use economic damage to Ireland and threaten food shortages to get a better Brexit deal

Yes she sure is a nasty piece of work

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Trickur y have to agree about Abott she's a dimwit and is only there because of her colour very much the same as the present Home Secretary Priti Patel an extreme right Thaterite

Sacked as as Internatial Delelopment Secretary for illegal meetings with Israeli Government
    Lobbyist for the alcohol and tobacco industry
    Voted to have the smoking ban refunded
    Voted for the banning of alcohol duty
    Refused to say how much she was paid by them to the Commonss select committee
    Voted against same *** marriage
    She said Britain use economic damage to Ireland and threaten food shortages to get a better Brexit deal

Yes she sure is a nasty piece of work
    Not arguing at all.
    Guilty as hell

RA has completely ignored what I said about Abbotts comments, had they come from a white person.
    Perhaps Patel is in the same boat then?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘She said Brexit supporters had attacked ethnic minority voters’. It is certainly true that some Brexit supporters attacked people of ethnic minority appearance in the aftermath of the Referendum.
    This is an interesting one, I recall especially a massive furore about a Pole being murdered 'in a racially motivated attack' 'as a result of the outcome of the referendum' (both phrases my words as I don't recall the exact words just the prevailing sentiment) and although Abbott didn't get involved in the discussion (she wouldn't have an interest as the victim wasn't black) I do remember folk on here offering it as a reflection on the mindsets of (some) Brexiteers.

I caught a lengthy programme on Radio 4 which examines news stories in a 'cold case' manner and which spent God knows how long investigating this incident and the resulting hour long programme found beyond doubt that the crime was intra-racial not inter-racial in nature, had nothing to do with Brexit and was whipped up into a Brexit storm by a media that needed a story to fit their narrative of the time and crowbarred this one in by ignoring the facts on the ground.

There's a lot of this going on at present, stories being skewed to fit bigotted worldviews and I mean in all directions

Oh here we go on your old hobby horse again - so she campaigns for black people as a black person, so what? I do find your poor down trodden little white boy approach symptomatic of typical of a racist bigot who can't quite believe that there may just may be something justified in calling out how black people have been disgracefully treated historically.

As for Abbot only being where she is because she is black and if she had been white she'd wouldn't be there, please explain how the Tories have promoted Truss, Duncan Smith ("the quiet man"!), Francoise, Barclay not to mention Johnson, who in interviews generally waffles, makes outrageous statements that are plainly not true and is still currently very much alive despite having said he would "die in a ditch" rather than not have Brexit on 31 October?

The fact is that there are numerous politicians who are vastly more stupid and incompetent than Abbott, and who shamelessly campaign and lobby for their own interest groups, your only moaning because she is black whch shows you up exactly for what you are, though to be fair, there are numerous posts in this thread where you have quoted utter bilge to support your neo fascist views.

The fact remains. In a 21st-century world over which Europeans exercise diminishing control, countries in Europe – even peripheral ones, such as Britain – will still be disproportionately dependent on Europe’s shared peace, shared trade, shared values, shared security and a host of other practical links.

This will be a difficult century for Europe, including Britain, Brexit or not. But we will still be better off together than apart. There is no better alternative anywhere else. And the lie that there is one needs to be nailed on 12 December.

Early running in the election stakes, and the Conservatives campaign does have a feel of disaster about it ATM, part-2017, part-1997, I wonder if they can get one of their own thrown in clink during the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The fact remains. In a 21st-century world over which Europeans exercise diminishing control, countries in Europe – even peripheral ones, such as Britain – will still be disproportionately dependent on Europe’s shared peace, shared trade, shared values, shared security and a host of other practical links.

This will be a difficult century for Europe, including Britain, Brexit or not. But we will still be better off together than apart. There is no better alternative anywhere else. And the lie that there is one needs to be nailed on 12 December.
    You're thinking like an intellectual though Swale, there are swathes of folk who consider Brexit a means to itself, not a means to an end, despite all the soothesaying about it in the media. You can call them all the names under the sun, but their individual vote is as valuable as yours

Page 577 of 922 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)