+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 591 of 922 FirstFirst ... 91491541581589590591592593601641691 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    ...and why was there no money left? Because of the banking crisis/credit crunch which began in the USA in 2007 and spread over here in 2008.
    That of course coincided perfectly with Gordon Brown becoming PM, but unless the ‘one eyed Scottish idiot’ - as you unkindly and irrelevantly described him last week - had huge and unprecedented power over the Global Banking establishments...how was that Labour’s fault?
    More to the point...you choose to forget that Blair and Brown oversaw huge improvements in our hospitals and schools which have completely stagnated since 2010 and to ignore that the very article you quote, describes how Reginald Maudling left a note of much the same tone when Callaghan took over, so it isn’t just Labour that leaves a mess is it?

They may be far from perfect but at least Labour, the Scots and the Liberals have the interests of ordinary people at heart. What do Johnson and Rees-Mogg know about them? I agree 100% with the points made by MA, mista and Swale above.

The ordinary people voted to leave but here we still are!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Ah but those people are not ordinary enough if they are Brexiteers. Their requirements are not important to remainers who pre select their chosen beneficiaries of class warfare 🤔😉

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    How do you work that out? The Leave vote was an unholy alliance of the dispossessed, the left behind, those with genuine concerns, the bigoted, the gullible and those representing the organised right who orchestrated the whole shambles to further their own political ambitions.

Like I say (get back in the box, Richard), not ordinary enough for selective ordinariness

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So can you tell us what part of " It was a joke"don't you understand Or are you that twisted you have look something up from nine years ago You seriously need a hobby ,try doing something with your life ,plenty of charitable causes need help . You seriously need something to occupy your mind Why not go on line and count all the lies Johnson and Cummings have said in the last seven days That should keep you busy for a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...and why was there no money left? Because of the banking crisis/credit crunch which began in the USA in 2007 and spread over here in 2008.
    That of course coincided perfectly with Gordon Brown becoming PM, but unless the ‘one eyed Scottish idiot’ - as you unkindly and irrelevantly described him last week - had huge and unprecedented power over the Global Banking establishments...how was that Labour’s fault?
    More to the point...you choose to forget that Blair and Brown oversaw huge improvements in our hospitals and schools which have completely stagnated since 2010 and to ignore that the very article you quote, describes how Reginald Maudling left a note of much the same tone when Callaghan took over, so it isn’t just Labour that leaves a mess is it?

They may be far from perfect but at least Labour, the Scots and the Liberals have the interests of ordinary people at heart. What do Johnson and Rees-Mogg know about them? I agree 100% with the points made by MA, mista and Swale above.
    RA don't waste your time with him He doesn't understand what a world banking crisis started by Lehman Brothers crashing was It doesn't suit his right wing philosophy to admit to one

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ah but those people are not ordinary enough if they are Brexiteers. Their requirements are not important to remainers who pre select their chosen beneficiaries of class warfare ����
    It’s not really ‘class warfare’ any more imo, GP.

When the likes of Rees-Mogg behave the way they do one might be forgiven for thinking so, but really it’s about the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’ and the morality of allowing that situation to continue, both nationally and globally, imo.

Morality aside for a moment, something has to change. People nowadays are so much more aware of ‘how the other half lives’ and while I share your belief that people should earn their way in the world I don’t believe the Johnsons and Rees-Moggs have done that anymore than those you’d probably pillory at the other end of the spectrum...on the poverty **** shows such as ‘Benefit Street’.

As for how Brexit relates to all this, I believe Brexit and the ‘Leave’ mentality to represent the politics of selfishness.
    Ultimately the Leavers seem to represent a ‘let’s go it alone...screw Europe and the rest of the world...we’re alright Jack’ type attitude.
    Not only is that, imo, a huge political miscalculation, it is also morally deplorable.

If Swale with his £80k double plus annual income, mista with his own business and all that that entails and of course not forgetting the ‘rich and privileged’ such as myself (according to Tricky’s made up nonsense which is - as ever - a million miles from the truth) aren’t afraid of a more left leaning possibly more highly taxed and more equitable society with better public services then why should others be?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-11-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Corbyn spoke to the CBI yesterday. Talked about improving services etc etc. Talked about plugging the loopholes that allow tax dodging by large companies and the very rich individuals. Talked about not seeing anything wrong in large businesses paying their proper amount of taxes in the vary way smaller businesses do.

Not much to argue with there IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It’s not really ‘class warfare’ any more imo, GP.

When the likes of Rees-Mogg behave the way they do one might be forgiven for thinking so, but really it’s about the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’ and the morality of allowing that situation to continue, both nationally and globally, imo.

Morality aside for a moment, something has to change. People nowadays are so much more aware of ‘how the other half lives’ and while I share your belief that people should earn their way in the world I don’t believe the Johnsons and Rees-Moggs have done that anymore than those you’d probably pillory at the other end of the spectrum...on the poverty **** shows such as ‘Benefit Street’.

As for how Brexit relates to all this, I believe Brexit and the ‘Leave’ mentality to represent the politics of selfishness.
    Ultimately the Leavers seem to represent a ‘let’s go it alone...screw Europe and the rest of the world...we’re alright Jack’ type attitude.
    Not only is that, imo, a huge political miscalculation, it is also morally deplorable.

If Swale with his £80k double plus annual income, mista with his own business and all that that entails and of course not forgetting the ‘rich and privileged’ such as myself (according to Tricky’s made up nonsense which is - as ever - a million miles from the truth) aren’t afraid of a more left leaning possibly more highly taxed and more equitable society with better public services then why should others be?
    Because history has shown that public services do not improve as taxes go up. If they did, I would not begrudge a bit more tax. But they don't. I'm not sure where the money goes, pissed up a wall or vanity projects I guess

Page 591 of 922 FirstFirst ... 91491541581589590591592593601641691 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)