+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 595 of 923 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 9222

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Now that I do agree with. The same as the idiotic decision to have a degree to be a nurse.

How many people went through university for a career degree they didn't like at the end of it?

When I was in for 5 weeks, we had 2 girls on the ward of 16 and 17.
    The were nursing assistants, who worked 9 till 5 mon- Fri .
    The idea was they do this for a year(paid) and if they liked it, they would go on the nursing degree.
    They were brilliant and said they loved doing it. Whoever thought of that, I applaud.
    The right people get the job, the people get to see if they like it. Money is channelled into the right candidates.
    I got my son to buy flowers for them and a box of choccies for the rest.
    Much appreciated.
    Yes I think that's a great idea At least you end up with people go actually want to nursing Pretty sure after twelve months they know if it's the correct career for them Its a win win for all concerned

Here's one GP practice that hasnt

Whatever the problems with the NHS I only have the highest praise. Nearly four years ago a routine blood test revealed a problem. My GP rang me at home to say he was referring me urgently to the Derby Royal, this was at 8.30am on the Friday, twenty minutes later he rang me back to say I was to be admitted immediately for further tests and told me to go straight to the ward!! Within an hour of arriving at the hospital I had had further blood tests and a thorough examination. I was kept in over the weekend and had yet more blood tests.
    To cut a long story short between late October and mid December I had had MRI scans, CT scans, X-ray's and several biopsies taken, I had surgery on the 16th December. I then had 7 weeks of intensive RT on a number of tumours which were unoperable. At all times I received wonderful care from all the staff despite them being continually busy. Whilst the experience was not a pleasant one it certainly presented the health service as a modern efficient
    and caring organisation and certainly one I can only praise. I continue to receive ongoing treatment and that praise continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Whatever the problems with the NHS I only have the highest praise. Nearly four years ago a routine blood test revealed a problem. My GP rang me at home to say he was referring me urgently to the Derby Royal, this was at 8.30am on the Friday, twenty minutes later he rang me back to say I was to be admitted immediately for further tests and told me to go straight to the ward!! Within an hour of arriving at the hospital I had had further blood tests and a thorough examination. I was kept in over the weekend and had yet more blood tests.
    To cut a long story short between late October and mid December I had had MRI scans, CT scans, X-ray's and several biopsies taken, I had surgery on the 16th December. I then had 7 weeks of intensive RT on a number of tumours which were unoperable. At all times I received wonderful care from all the staff despite them being continually busy. Whilst the experience was not a pleasant one it certainly presented the health service as a modern efficient
    and caring organisation and certainly one I can only praise. I continue to receive ongoing treatment and that praise continues to grow.
    I do hope that you make a full recovery and yes we should be thankful that we have such a service.

Top words Mac and I hope you get over this

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tricky...far be it from me to recommend private over public and I know we loathe each other but, in relation to your father and for reasons I won’t go into, I know something about the problems you refer to.
    You may of course already know this but...the old way of syringing ears is largely discredited nowadays. Suction is now considered more effective and less intrusive but not that many GP practices have the required equipment.
    Once your dad has used the drops for a week or so there are private individuals who offer the service - I think there’s one in Derby with the delightful name of ‘Wax Management’ or something similar - and it should cost between £35-£60. There’s a fair few to choose from, possibly more in Nottingham, and it might speed the process up for comparatively little cost.
    Might be worth looking into...just a thought.
    Thank you, I'll look into that if it's a good option.

Thanks Swale. Much appreciated.

Thanks Tricky. Fingers crossed!!

Good to hear mac. I honestly think the NHS has its failings but is brilliant when such emergency treatment is required and I genuinely hope everything works out for you.
    To add another perspective...someone very, very close to me became similarly ill about eigh**** months ago, only in the USA.
    They received superb treatment and the prognosis is good...the bill however has already topped $2,000,000 and there is more treatment to come.
    Fortunately the person concerned had the required insurance. God help those who don’t and that’s not a road I’d like to see us go down in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Good to hear mac. I honestly think the NHS has its failings but is brilliant when such emergency treatment is required and I genuinely hope everything works out for you.
    To add another perspective...someone very, very close to me became similarly ill about eigh**** months ago, only in the USA.
    They received superb treatment and the prognosis is good...the bill however has already topped $2,000,000 and there is more treatment to come.
    Fortunately the person concerned had the required insurance. God help those who don’t and that’s not a road I’d like to see us go down in the UK.
    Mac, totally agreeing with RA, good for you and good to know that despite it all, those with the skills are applying them to the max. I'm aware of RA's anecdote and can share mine that in 2017 I had a phone call from USA (fortunately from someone I vaguely knew not a stranger) telling me my wife was seriously ill and the hospital needed my credit card details before they would admit her...again, fortunately covered by insurance. In a non-party political way, thank God for the NHS

Page 595 of 923 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)