+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 613 of 922 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663713 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Brexit will define this year, despite the attempts of the lying charlatan to pretend otherwise. But its done as far as any decision is concerned so I've no more to say on the matter. May pop back in October to say "I told you so" but otherwise there will be no more from me on this thread. Let the Brexiteers enjoy whatever it is they think they have achieved.
    They will be finding out way before October . But most are so gullible they won't even notice till it hits them Johnson will carry on doing what Cummings decides ( this is a man who took £220,000_ of EU subsidies for his farm in 2018 ) talk about two faced

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Victory and Justice!
    Well I'd be interested to see how you define that, because I have a feeling that what actually happens may not be quite as you anticipate.

Anyway see you later in the year!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    They will be finding out way before October . But most are so gullible they won't even notice till it hits them Johnson will carry on doing what Cummings decides ( this is a man who took £220,000_ of EU subsidies for his farm in 2018 ) talk about two faced
    As will have every farmer in the UK, because the control of the necessary agricultural subsidies rests in Europe with the CAP bureaucracy. With the probable exception of the French and the Italians, who cheat the subsidy system with seeming impunity, no farmer could survive otherwise, as the world grain price is by and large lower than the cost of producing the grain.

The cheap food policy, which has been a beacon of UK government policies since 1945, only works because of these subsidies - which existed long before the Common Market slid out of the Treaty of Rom's orifice in 1958 or indeed we joined up to the organisation.

If Cummings is two faced, then so are just about every farmer in the country, the majority of whom voted leave, although some later regretted and recanted it. Without these subsidies we would produce virtually no farm commodities ourselves and have to import near 100% of our food. One of BJ's biggest challenges will be to put in place viable support payments to the industry, or it will be ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    As will have every farmer in the UK, because the control of the necessary agricultural subsidies rests in Europe with the CAP bureaucracy. With the probable exception of the French and the Italians, who cheat the subsidy system with seeming impunity, no farmer could survive otherwise, as the world grain price is by and large lower than the cost of producing the grain.

The cheap food policy, which has been a beacon of UK government policies since 1945, only works because of these subsidies - which existed long before the Common Market slid out of the Treaty of Rom's orifice in 1958 or indeed we joined up to the organisation.

If Cummings is two faced, then so are just about every farmer in the country, the majority of whom voted leave, although some later regretted and recanted it. Without these subsidies we would produce virtually no farm commodities ourselves and have to import near 100% of our food. One of BJ's biggest challenges will be to put in place viable support payments to the industry, or it will be ****ed
    Yes they voted leave because Johnson promised them the government would cover their subsidies Still say Cummings is two faced he's like Farage made a living out of hating the EU but quite happy to take every penny they can of them . But that's probably my fault for having a moral compass

It's not a question of morals. I don't like all of my clients but I'm still comfortable making money off them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's not a question of morals. I don't like all of my clients but I'm still comfortable making money off them.
    Agreed...you liking or disliking your clients has nothing to do with morals, but you being ‘comfortable making money off them’ when or if you know they are being disingenuous certainly has.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes they voted leave because Johnson promised them the government would cover their subsidies Still say Cummings is two faced he's like Farage made a living out of hating the EU but quite happy to take every penny they can of them . But that's probably my fault for having a moral compass
    Am I alone in thinking that Cummings has way too much power and influence paired with way to little (or no) public accountability?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that Cummings has way too much power and influence paired with way to little (or no) public accountability?
    MA no your not alone he is running the country Johnson hasn't got the brains to . Cameron hit the nail on th had by describing him as a " a career psychopath " dangerous man , probably all those years he spent in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    No, you’re absolutely right and it’s very noticeable that there are no longer any howls of anguish about any ‘betrayal of democracy’ from those who support Johnson and Brexit and appear to be being led by an unelected individual with, as you say, absolutely no ‘public accountability’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No, you’re absolutely right and it’s very noticeable that there are no longer any howls of anguish about any ‘betrayal of democracy’ from those who support Johnson and Brexit and appear to be being led by an unelected individual with, as you say, absolutely no ‘public accountability’.

Seeing as 30% or so of the electorate voted the Tories in, they clearly aren't that concerned with morals, telling the truth, facts, principles and so they will get the government they deserve.

RA if we only did business with clients whose morals we agreed with we'd never work. The best one can do is avoid those acting illegally!

Page 613 of 922 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663713 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)