+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 922 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Anyone who can get us from Brexit to shaggin' Angelina Jolie gets my vote.

Seriously...three top contributions...and 800 up.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    No, we were led out of the EU on a tissue of lies, false conclusions and unanswered question. BTW - this is not just a criticism of Boris and Gove, both sides failed to truly evaluate the true cost and scale of the decision which is why it came down to one number (350m) and some scare stories on immigrants. This was the fault of making it a simple 'In/Out' answer - had it been a clearer set of considerations on the consequences of the decision then we would have had to answer the reality rather than our own conclusion of what the answer led us to. Which is why I believe we need to reconfirm our decision once we are clear on what we are getting ourselves into. It's not a second referendum, it's a more clear, more detailed, more outcome based consideration. 'If leaving the EU means no freedom of movement within the European Union (i.e. a visa needed to enter France) would you still like to proceed with exit from the EU?' 'If leaving the EU means all British passport holders currently residing in the EU would have to return to the UK within two years would you still like to proceed with exit from the EU?".

To be clear, I am not suggestion a wriggle out of the decision - I don't believe that is fair to our democratic process, the decision has been made and we should respect it. However, I simply do not believe all parties understood the exam question - on all sides - and we would all benefit from just clarifying what we meant, on all sides.
    350 and some scare stories about immigration. Bit simplistic and wrong IMO.
    I agree with the simple in/out question.. I am glad that was the question but it left the govt with nowhere to go. Always leave yourself some wiggle room, if you can.
    Yes if I need a visa for France, I would still like to proceed. The benefits, again IMO, will out weigh the negatives. I have no issue with entering another country and proving that I am fit to visit and or work there.
    Reconfirmed the decision, Swaley has already deducted the majority of the British public are thick ****s.. This would cause a melt down.
    Suck it up and get on with it now.
    Rule Brittania.

do you think i could get into agelina jolie without a visa . cant decide if i should get my coat or have a lay down .

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure about the colouring RR...simple numbers would have sufficed.

I recognise that you know more about economics than me...that's not terribly hard, but I have to take issue with two or three points.

1. 'Yes it was badly designed and should have been more precise in its definition'.
    2. Think you'll find it was always absolutely clear that it isn't 'binding' and is only - technically - 'advisory'.
    3. 'Was the referendum hijacked? Yes I think it probably was, and no doubt all the issues were neither clearly explained nor understood'.

Given these two concessions of yours (1&3) and the fact about #2, why should I, and others, accept things and 'move on'?
    Maybe I'm being stubborn but I don't think acceptance of an error and blind adherence to the consequence of that error is ever a good idea.

You say yourself, '...that's life...decisions are often made for the wrong reasons, and the basis for those decisions corrupted by spin doctors and mouths in suits. Get over it!'

But isn't that the whole point? When bad decisions are made they have to be challenged.
    The acceptance of bad decisions is what killed a man in Huddersfield yesterday, it's what leads to children being placed in the care of sometimes dangerous people, it's why inflexible football managers end up being sacked just before their team is relegated and why soldiers are slaughtered in misguided military campaigns.
    We have to challenge bad and ill thought out decision making before the damage is compounded and to tell me simply to 'get over' what you yourself describe as a decision made for the wrong reasons on the basis of 'corruption by spin doctors and mouths in suits' (aka establishment liars) is something I, respectfully, find hard to accept.
    Actually the legal status of the referendum is "advisory" which means that the elected parliament could choose to ignore it, but I do agree that moaning about whether it was a true majority or not is pointless. My only repost is when those who favour Brexit talk about the majority of people in this country voted leave, which is not true. Whats more in the course of my work I find a wide a quite surprising variation in the people who voted leave and many different reasons, many of which (but not all) can be proven to be misconceptions or often completely false. Now its hardly scientific but I suspect a good many people might change thier view IF a second vote was held.

All this talk of negotiating with Poland or France etc. is wide of the mark, as long as those countries are in the EU, then it will be with the EU that the UK will be negotiating with and unless there is a complete breakdown of the EU mechanism then we are going to have a tough time.

Economically we need access to the single market and the price for that is likely to be high - if we dont get that then it is very likely that the financial services industry will suffer (a big earner for the UK and a severe hit to our GDP if we lose it). Norway may be different in trading terms, but as things stand and unless somehow we pull off an unlikely coup, I don't see that the deal we need economically will satisfy the Brexit vote...interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22 View Post
    do you think i could get into agelina jolie without a visa . cant decide if i should get my coat or have a lay down .

If you have a few million dollars in the bank i dont think visa's are an issue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    350 and some scare stories about immigration. Bit simplistic and wrong IMO.
    I agree with the simple in/out question.. I am glad that was the question but it left the govt with nowhere to go. Always leave yourself some wiggle room, if you can.
    Yes if I need a visa for France, I would still like to proceed. The benefits, again IMO, will out weigh the negatives. I have no issue with entering another country and proving that I am fit to visit and or work there.
    Reconfirmed the decision, Swaley has already deducted the majority of the British public are thick ****s.. This would cause a melt down.
    Suck it up and get on with it now.
    Rule Brittania.
    Angry that is so not true! there are people who state reasons why they voted leave which are clearly not true, there are those who state reasons which are at best a misunderstanding of the facts and at worst a belief in something that is not reality and there are those who have genuine reasons.

Anyway a majority of the Uk public did not vote Leave.. that is a fact! So why would i conclude they are as thick as ****!

Yeah well when we leave the EU and it does not change anything in the way that SOME who voted leave thought it would, or in fact it gets worse for them, might that not cause meltdown????

We are all ****ed anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

All this talk of negotiating with Poland or France etc. is wide of the mark, as long as those countries are in the EU, then it will be with the EU that the UK will be negotiating with and unless there is a complete breakdown of the EU mechanism then we are going to have a tough time.

...interesting times ahead.
    Actually we can TRY what the bloody hell we want now, and there is a genuine reversion to the old national self-interests throughout Europe. I wish I was part of the fight to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    It all comes down to the horse trading. Will the various eu countries be prepared to gamble on taking a significant hit on their own interests to force conditions like the free movement of labour? We're not going to stop immigrant labour altogether, that's ridiculous.

Also, people keep talking about a Norway style eu lite deal. You can't compare Norway with us because we import a significant amount of eu goods, compared with Norway. Would the German car industry suffer losing Norwegian sales, would the Spanish and Greek tourist industries miss all the Norwegian tourists, would the Polish workers be able to find as many jobs elsewhere in the eu?

Obviously, we will not be able to have everything we want, that's what negotiations mean. We will probably end up paying some tariff on our exports, the USA average is 3%, but the recent devaluation of the pound will have more than swallowed up that kind of tariff.

It's all about a group of adults, hopefully, acting responsibly and not damaging their own interests just to prove a point.

The deal Norway and SWitzerland have is access to the single market in return for accepting EU rules and regulations, paying into the EU fund and accepting free movement of labour.

The Uk will be negotiating with the EU, not each country individually, unless a country decides to leave like the UK, then they are legally bound to those joint negotiations and whilst it would be nice to think that a mutually beneficial agreement can be made, unfortunately this politics, with various different agendas and countries depending upon others support, political egos etc. that will influence things. The EU may well feel that collectively it is able not to grant concessions to the UK, it would weaken the EU after all if we could leave and still benefit from access to the single market, after all I suspect more German cars get sold in the rest of the EU and the USA, whilst Greece already gets more Russian tourists to replace the Brits.

The economic effects to the UK could well be severe if we dont get a decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Actually we can TRY what the bloody hell we want now, and there is a genuine reversion to the old national self-interests throughout Europe. I wish I was part of the fight to be honest

But its not going to happen, the other countries won't negotiate with us individually, they can't legally as long as they remain part of the EU, if one country starts ignoring legally binding treaties and agreements as it chooses, then it will suffer sanctions from the EU which many wont risk because it is not in their interests to do so. Germany and France are hardly going to break ranks are they, seeing as they are the founding members, so we either deal with the EU or we don't.

There might be factions in most EU countries that support nationalist tendencies, however, before that changes anything, they have
    get into power and then leave the EU. Thats not going to happen before the UK leaves and in any case those we will be negotiating with don't have that agenda, so again thats not going to happen.

Its hardly a fight, more an intricate game of chess, I really hope we have sophisticated and intelligent negotiators on this.

Whilst superficially appealing, the collapse of the EU and a seizing of power by those national self interests is not something most rational people would welcome, it would cause immeasurable economic and political instability and the lessons are there from history the last time that happened in europe.

Page 81 of 922 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)