+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 821 of 922 FirstFirst ... 321721771811819820821822823831871921 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,210 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post

Apparently Boris wants to stay on until the new leader in Oct, how's he going to do that without a cabinet? I actually feel for him on a personal level, he might be in over his head but can't fault the commitment.
    Whats not to like, he keeps his PM salary until 5 September, keeps his two residences (apparently his own house is rented out, so if he had to leave now he'd be "homeless" though no doubt a rich donor or friend would find a place for him.

In the meantime he has no serious work to do, maybe pop over to Ukraine to pretend to everybody how much hepersonally is helping the cause, other than that its a doddle.

Brexit Benefits

blue coloured passport covers, a return to imperial measures (re-announced again only this week) and crown symbols on pint glasses. Since the EU has never actually prevented us doing any of those things, it seemed to be a bit of a stretch to even describe them as ‘benefits of Brexit’.

More laughter when one hears the government and other Brexit supporting idiots, suggesting that the queues at Dover and Folkestone are down to the French and not Brexit. I mean how dumb does one have to be to swallow that.

It was the UK that demanded a hard Brexit, requiring checks and passport stamps at the border, it was the UK government who turned down a request for funding for more passport/customs booths and its not up to the French to make Brexit painless is it? I mean I know the Brexit supporters sold this fairy tale that we could leave the EU, the single market and the customs union whilst retaining all the benefits, but only a complete idiot would believe that!!

Of course the UK isn't enforcing all the required checks (those it requires) for inwards traffic, because it recognises that to do so would impose additional costs!!!! Oops that doesn't sound like control of our borders!!

Just how stupid is Truss?

Was passionately in favour of remaining un the EU, changed her tune to advance as a minister, now says she was wrong to vote remain - now I can, just about, understand someone voting Leave in 2016, I mean obviously there are millions in this country who quite frankly would vote for their own death it seems to "take back control" and there were many fooled into thinking there would be an extra £350 million going into the health service, but hey ho if the impossible dream is attractive and your a little dim or uninformed, then fine.

But 6 years later when Brexit is clearly an utter disaster, costing the UK a minimum of £400 million a week, to say that voting Remain was the wrong choice when all the evidence suggests otherwise, surely means you are absolutely bat**** crazy? Or just prepared to ignore reality and say anything to gain power. In either case is that who the UK needs as its next leader, a lying mad fantasist who lacks the charisma of the previous one?

Liz Truss says there was no disruption when leaving the EU.

Farming, fishing, music, trade, any business which imports or exports goods from or to the EU, chaos at Dover, airports and a 4% drop in GDP all due to Brexit, all suggest she is detached from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Just how stupid is Truss?

Was passionately in favour of remaining un the EU, changed her tune to advance as a minister, now says she was wrong to vote remain - now I can, just about, understand someone voting Leave in 2016, I mean obviously there are millions in this country who quite frankly would vote for their own death it seems to "take back control" and there were many fooled into thinking there would be an extra £350 million going into the health service, but hey ho if the impossible dream is attractive and your a little dim or uninformed, then fine.

But 6 years later when Brexit is clearly an utter disaster, costing the UK a minimum of £400 million a week, to say that voting Remain was the wrong choice when all the evidence suggests otherwise, surely means you are absolutely bat**** crazy? Or just prepared to ignore reality and say anything to gain power. In either case is that who the UK needs as its next leader, a lying mad fantasist who lacks the charisma of the previous one?

Liz Truss says there was no disruption when leaving the EU.

Farming, fishing, music, trade, any business which imports or exports goods from or to the EU, chaos at Dover, airports and a 4% drop in GDP all due to Brexit, all suggest she is detached from reality.
    Truss is as stupid as the system that has allowed this huge decision to be made, for the third time in recent years, by 160,000-200,000 Tory Party members, Swale.
    It’s ridiculous. We are facing as great a crisis as there has been in any of our lifetimes and the PM, who was, let us not forget, desperate to remain in office, has buggered off on about his third ‘honeymoon’ along, apparently, with the rest of the Cabinet who are on holiday.
    There is no one in charge...and frankly no likelihood of either Sunak or, more likely, Truss being able to take charge of either a Party or a country that is more divided than I can ever remember.
    Brexit, in the form of Johnson’s and Truss’ indecision - they both changed their minds or just couldn’t decide which outcome would suit their careers best - is the common denominator in all this chaos and we can only hope that the next time a Government and PM is chosen it will be by the whole electorate at a General Election.

I believe I may have come up with a Brexit benefit. What!? I hear you say.... but, yes. The Tories' financial backers are wealthier than they were pre Brexit although the effects of that have been helped by the pandemic and it's hugely positive effects on certain companies. It's also allowed the Tories to get into a position where human rights are being diminished as are workers' rights. The right to protest are being greatly eroded. Strikes will be outlawed. These and other things probably wouldn't have been feasible if the UK was still part of the EU.

The 1% must be rubbing their hands in glee..... even more so when all the eejits vote the Tories back in at the next Election, as they undoubtedly will. Apart from a few nuances, there is now little to no difference between the Red and Blue variety so whichever of the "big two" wins the election, it will still, basically, be the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I believe I may have come up with a Brexit benefit. What!? I hear you say.... but, yes. The Tories' financial backers are wealthier than they were pre Brexit although the effects of that have been helped by the pandemic and it's hugely positive effects on certain companies. It's also allowed the Tories to get into a position where human rights are being diminished as are workers' rights. The right to protest are being greatly eroded. Strikes will be outlawed. These and other things probably wouldn't have been feasible if the UK was still part of the EU.

The 1% must be rubbing their hands in glee..... even more so when all the eejits vote the Tories back in at the next Election, as they undoubtedly will. Apart from a few nuances, there is now little to no difference between the Red and Blue variety so whichever of the "big two" wins the election, it will still, basically, be the Tories.
    Still a big difference, MA. To those on the ‘harder’ left Blair must have seemed like one of your ‘Red Tories’ but things were a hell of a lot better for schools, the NHS and ordinary working people between 1997 and 2007 than they are now or have been for the last dozen years.

Personally I doubt that you’re right about the Tories being re-elected at the next election and I envisage either a coalition or a smallish Labour majority. Got to be an improvement on the last few years and any move away from the callous and uncaring attitude of the Right will be an improvement imo.

All of Johnson’s new post-Brexit trade deals put together will have an economic benefit of just £3 to £7 per person over the next 15 years, according to the government’s own figures.

The tiny economic boost – amounting to just 0.01 to 0.02 per cent of GDP, and less than 50p per person a year – is dwarfed by the economic hit from leaving the EU, which the government estimates at 4 per cent of GDP over the same period.

the much-trumpeted free trade agreements (FTAs) “barely scratch the surface of the UK’s challenge to make up the GDP lost by leaving the EU”.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Your correct MA and indeed we are moving inexorably towards a harder right wing government, which is why I consistently post the analogy to Hitler and believe me it will get a lot worse as the forecast stagflation starts to bite!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Your correct MA and indeed we are moving inexorably towards a harder right wing government, which is why I consistently post the analogy to Hitler and believe me it will get a lot worse as the forecast stagflation starts to bite!
    No , like swearing and name-calling you use that analogy to makeup for your failure to make your case in other ways. Fine with the swearing and name calling but stop with the Hitler stuff. Just for fairness, the same message will be given to TTR if/when he enters the same area
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 06-08-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Page 821 of 922 FirstFirst ... 321721771811819820821822823831871921 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)