+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 842 of 922 FirstFirst ... 342742792832840841842843844852892 ... LastLast
Results 8,411 to 8,420 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Here's an advantage... it caused me to seek Dutch nationality and I was successful in being granted it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay...the avoidance of your ‘USE’ or ‘ever closer union’ may or may not be a good thing and I take your point on that one.
    Personally, as things have emerged re Putin over the last nine months, I’m increasingly in favour of ‘ever closer union’ but perhaps that’s just me.

As regards absolutely everything else...I’ve yet to hear of a single advantage brought about via Brexit from you or anyone else.
    All the evidence, from those infinitely more expert than you or I, suggests the opposite as many of us have said all along.

Either way this is exactly the sort of futile exchange that I vowed to stop getting involved in a few weeks ago. I avoided Brexit on here for the best part of two months, until you brought it up again a couple of days ago, so maybe the ‘break’ you spoke of on this issue is one of your better suggestions.

Maybe all those advantages the Brexiteers promised will have become apparent by mid February. Perhaps the shortages in the workforce and the Irish issues, to name just two serious issues directly related to Brexit, will have been sorted by then. We’ll see.
    I brought it up Sir, because I said weeks ago, I was going back to my fav German place.
    The comments had been made of experiances leaving / returning from the continent. I said I would reserve judgment until I had gone through it.
    Now I have and it was business as usual. I lost 30 seconds of my life, but I'll live with it.

I told you where I lay the blame. Tory failure to implement the opportunities laid bare, by our departure.
    Political infighting, scared to upset certain parties, selfish attitudes have seen little done to push it along.
    As a result, you will get your wish of a Labour government, as the red wall voters won't turn back to Labour, but will vote for the Reform party etc. The vote will split. The way things are going, you could even see Reform as the opposition party inside 2 years.

On the EU, we will see how they react on the 2 trillion borrowed for the COVID recovery plan, when the richer nations start having to pay that off.
    Luckily, we WON'T!!

So where did the billions come from for furlough, the vaccine, Mone's PPE scandal, the other PPE scandals, the phone app scandal, the test and trace scandal etc..... ??

If you think it smells funny, follow the Mon-e

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I brought it up Sir, because I said weeks ago, I was going back to my fav German place.
    The comments had been made of experiances leaving / returning from the continent. I said I would reserve judgment until I had gone through it.
    Now I have and it was business as usual. I lost 30 seconds of my life, but I'll live with it.

I told you where I lay the blame. Tory failure to implement the opportunities laid bare, by our departure.
    Political infighting, scared to upset certain parties, selfish attitudes have seen little done to push it along.
    As a result, you will get your wish of a Labour government, as the red wall voters won't turn back to Labour, but will vote for the Reform party etc. The vote will split. The way things are going, you could even see Reform as the opposition party inside 2 years.

On the EU, we will see how they react on the 2 trillion borrowed for the COVID recovery plan, when the richer nations start having to pay that off.
    Luckily, we WON'T!!
    Reform could be the opposition party within 2 years? Jeez thats deluded even for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Reform could be the opposition party within 2 years? Jeez thats deluded even for you!!
    What the way the Tories are losing members and MP's?
    Not as deluded as might think.

There is now a hard core out there, that don't want to vote for the two same old things parties.
    It's time for proportional representation and if it takes tactical voting, so be it.

Totally deluded, but I guess you live in your bubble and think that there are many who are of the same view.

There are indeed a hard core of people for whom the Tory party has failed to deliver what could not be delivered, but they are much less than you seem to think and except in a few seats not electorally significant!

I am very hopeful that many head case Brexit voters who are unable to understand what a **** show it is and will continue to be, will vote for the bunch of nutters in Reform, that will merely ensure the Tories have a melt down and hopefully put them out of power for at least a decade.

AS for tactical voting, mm I very much doubt the voters your talking about are capable of such nuanced voting, the very fact they believed the lies about what Brexit could deliver, suggests as with you that the ability to comprehend even quite simple facts is a little difficult for them.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Totally deluded, but I guess you live in your bubble and think that there are many who are of the same view.

There are indeed a hard core of people for whom the Tory party has failed to deliver what could not be delivered, but they are much less than you seem to think and except in a few seats not electorally significant!

I am very hopeful that many head case Brexit voters who are unable to understand what a **** show it is and will continue to be, will vote for the bunch of nutters in Reform, that will merely ensure the Tories have a melt down and hopefully put them out of power for at least a decade.

AS for tactical voting, mm I very much doubt the voters your talking about are capable of such nuanced voting, the very fact they believed the lies about what Brexit could deliver, suggests as with you that the ability to comprehend even quite simple facts is a little difficult for them.
    Good to see your USP of insulting half the electorate is still in good effect, but we all thought (because you told us repeatedly) that you had tricky on ignore. What’s gone wrong?

Im very open to having something different to vote for, is it the reform party? Well rumours abound that Farage is planning a comeback to UK politics with them, so it would be a no anyway but its even more a big fat No. That man has caused enough damage thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Good to see your USP of insulting half the electorate is still in good effect, but we all thought (because you told us repeatedly) that you had tricky on ignore. What’s gone wrong?
    ...and not so good to see that our moderator’s USP of sh1t stirring and Swale baiting continues unabated. Are you Rats in disguise, only the unfunny version with better spelling?

So let’s get back to the actual issue. I’m in agreement with Sith’s sensible and relevant point that there may well be a very good reason to reform our electoral system. However, Reform, ‘the opposition party within the next two years’. Really?
    Just remind us...I recall the same being said about UKIP and, apart from being largely responsible for the wreckage of Brexit, how many seats did they win? Oh yeah, that’s right...two!

As for that self serving oaf Farage...how many times did he stand - always unsuccessfully - for Parliament, was it seven or eight? And can anyone actually explain a single way in which our country has been improved by his largely dishonest, bigoted and divisive rantings?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Good to see that your still unable to do simple maths! I mean even a kid at primary stage 1 can work out its not half the electorate! Just over half of those who voted yes but last time I looked just over half of 72.2% wasn't half the electorate!!

So lets try again, what does half of 72.2% make?

I do realise that a bit like Thicky you reside in a bubble, as previous comments by you on the over representation of ethnic minorities in the media demonstrate. One has to feel sorry for you really.

I mean its the very definition of being thick to vote for something that was based on false statements that could be shown to be false at the time!

If one is insulted by that, well what can i say the truth is sometimes a shock!

Page 842 of 922 FirstFirst ... 342742792832840841842843844852892 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)