+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 858 of 922 FirstFirst ... 358758808848856857858859860868908 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

NOTE - For the avoidance of doubt, your still on ignore
    Lol, using the little known ‘Stalk’ button

Seriously, hiding behind a technicality (ignore button v. Actually ignoring) does you ‘know’ favours and actually demonstrates the very behaviours of those in power who you mock. If I were you I’d give up on the ‘ignore’ thing you’re just making yourself the object of fun
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 08-02-2023 at 09:58 AM.

Pick and choose. Yes. On my laptop (only thing I view the forum on), when I have someone on ignore and they post something, I see a "button" I can click on in order to read that one, individual post.

If somebody else were to quote a post from "Mr Ignore" and that other person wasn't on my ignore list, I would see the post quoted..... or does ignore work differently for different people?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Lol, using the little known ‘Stalk’ button

Seriously, hiding behind a technicality (ignore button v. Actually ignoring) does you ‘know’ favours and actually demonstrates the very behaviours of those in power who you mock. If I were you I’d give up on the ‘ignore’ thing you’re just making yourself the object of fun
    Seriously old man, how is having Thicky on ignore a technicality? Its a fact which you have stated on here it isn't, which actually (like many of your replies) look the foolish one! The fact that you feel the need to comment on a post which didn't mention you is rather interesting, you want to be careful, your obsession could lead you to posting dubious opinions based on your narrow anecdotal evidence, making you look even more foolish!!

Seeing as Thicky gets rather uptight on being ignored I think I'll continue especially as it means I can and do avoid reading most of his posts. I mean that's what the ignore button is for, to enable one to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Pick and choose. Yes. On my laptop (only thing I view the forum on), when I have someone on ignore and they post something, I see a "button" I can click on in order to read that one, individual post.

If somebody else were to quote a post from "Mr Ignore" and that other person wasn't on my ignore list, I would see the post quoted..... or does ignore work differently for different people?
    Thats exactly how it works, but for some reason our Mod and Thicky don't seem to grasp that - hence why I have a mock complaint when somebody quotes one of Thickys posts!

Seeing as Thicky gets rather uptight on being ignored I think I'll continue.
    Once again, lol with a smattering of pmsl, you’re the comedy gift that keeps on giving and it’d be so nice to get back to the subject matter

Andy, is my understanding of how ignore works, see post #8572, incorrect?

Thats exactly how it works, but for some reason our Mod and Thicky don't seem to grasp that - hence why I have a mock complaint when somebody quotes one of Thickys posts!
    Ah on phone I don't see a button telling me that an ignoree has posted - I'd have to unignore them, see if they had posted anything, read it and respond if I chose to and then put them back on ignore. All a bit too much effort

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Andy, is my understanding of how ignore works, see post #8572, incorrect?
    MA I’m taking your word for it because a) based on your history why would you post something you weren’t pretty sure about thetefore why would I doubt you and b) I can’t check it out on my current on-tour steam driven phone even if I did doubt you. My point a logical one not a technical one, a point reinforced/unpicked by Geoff above

Ps I’ve just noticed my phone doesn’t let me see post numbers either but I did work out which you meant. The phone / OS I’m using also won’t let me switch to the desktop version of the forum hence no recent stickies
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 08-02-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Seriously old man, how is having Thicky on ignore a technicality? Its a fact which you have stated on here it isn't, which actually (like many of your replies) look the foolish one! The fact that you feel the need to comment on a post which didn't mention you is rather interesting, you want to be careful, your obsession could lead you to posting dubious opinions based on your narrow anecdotal evidence, making you look even more foolish!!

Seeing as Thicky gets rather uptight on being ignored I think I'll continue especially as it means I can and do avoid reading most of his posts. I mean that's what the ignore button is for, to enable one to choose.
    For Gods sake, uptight? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I love it. You make yourself look more pathetic every post.

If I am on "ignore" It isn't a button / technical thing. It is a statement from yourself that you are consciously going to not participate in communicating with me.

Definition of ignore verb from the Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
    ignore verb
    /ɪɡˈnɔr/
    Verb Forms

ignore something to pay no attention to something
    synonym disregard
    He ignored all the “No Smoking” signs and lit up a cigarette.
    I made a suggestion but they chose to ignore it.
    We cannot afford to ignore their advice.
    She deliberately ignored my question and changed the subject.
    Definitions on the go

Look up any word in the dictionary offline, anytime, anywhere with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary app.

ignore somebody to pretend that you have not seen someone or that someone is not there
    synonym notice
    She ignored him and carried on with her work.
    If he tries to start an argument, just ignore him.
    See ignore in the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
    Check pronunciation: ignore

By that, I'm blanked/blocked/ostracised/vanquished/exiled - I don't exist to you.

But time and time again, you dive in feet first right after telling the world, that is the case.
    You're ajoke sunshine, you really are. But please continue, It really is hilarious.

ignore
    /ɪɡˈnɔː/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    verb: ignore; 3rd person present: ignores; past tense: ignored; past participle: ignored; gerund or present participle: ignoring

refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally, fail to consider (something significant).

"He/she/they despite being presented with the warnings and evidence of the considerable damage that would be inflicted for years to come, he/she/they inexplicably ignored this and chose to vote 'No' to remaining a member of the European Union."

Page 858 of 922 FirstFirst ... 358758808848856857858859860868908 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)