+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 886 of 922 FirstFirst ... 386786836876884885886887888896 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Jam the rents up 25% you'll soon get rid of them and can join the SERCO gravy train
    Nah, they are good tenants so i wouldn't do that, id be quite happy for them to stay for another 10 plus years.

In fairness though had it been some of our previous tenants, well i might be tempted.

Or Alternatively tell your neighbours what you are going to do and they will pay you extra rent not to do it!

TTR: now you've baffled me here. The French, who are still members of the EU and subject to EU rules use container encampments. The UK are not allowed to do the same because of EU rules, despite not being in the EU or bound by their rules.

So if we accept such rules exist, why are they not being enforced in France? Or if we accept they don't exist (by virtue of French conduct) why do we "obey" them?

You appear to suggest that EU rules apply to non member states but not to their own members? Seems to me that the EU is getting blamed for something you just don't like - ie giving refugees top grade accomodation.
    Why the confusion?
    The rules exist.

1. The lefty judges enact on them to the full, to satisfy the charities who challenge in court
    2. Eu rules do not apply to France, as they pick and choose what they want to follow. I thought everyone understood this?

Maybe there is a lesson hidden in that somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I thought the two generally accepted most common forms of photo ID were driving licences and passports...even though my driving licence photo is at least 15 years old.

If that isn’t the case I can only foresee a huge reduction in those eligible to vote...on the subject of which...if your assertion that many voted to leave the EU as a ‘protest against non EU immigration’ is true, and I’m not disputing it, then perhaps there should be!
    I'm not sure that's consistent with your view that people should have a right to protest. Protests come in many forms

Going back to the advert, the other thing that caught my eye as well, was where they were asking for these landlords.

North west England/Midlands/East of England.

The same places that are already holding the most asylum seekers in the country.
    The south is avoided of course. But where is Wales/Scotland/N.Ireland on that list?

Something fishy going on thats for sure and I don't mean quotas

Contribution analytics....
    I'm clearly doing well in keeping up my retirement (from accountancy) vow of forgetting as much of it as possible as quickly as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Going back to the advert, the other thing that caught my eye as well, was where they were asking for these landlords.

North west England/Midlands/East of England.

The same places that are already holding the most asylum seekers in the country.
    The south is avoided of course. But where is Wales/Scotland/N.Ireland on that list?

Something fishy going on thats for sure and I don't mean quotas
    Faced with the prospect of being rehomed in Wales I imagine most refugees or economic illegal migrants (there's a huge difference) would stay in Syria etc.

Hmmm there is a germ of a plan here

To stoke this debate a little further, with Miss Begum now confirmed as stateless what does anyone think (know?) would happen if she braved the channel in a little boat and was picked up in East Kent?

As you probably know, my hotel of choice when in Derby is the Aston Court and has been for years. This time round we stayed in the Stuart on London Road. When I booked back in November, the Aston had no twin rooms available which is why we went elsewhere. Since then, the Aston and what used to be the Hallmark Budget, now the Derby Station Hotel are both housing refugees. Didn't look inside the Station Hotel but the Aston Court entrance windows are filthy. Inside there are half a dozen security men who look like bouncers and it's a mess. The staff? All out of a job and I find that a shame as we knew them well having stayed there several times a year over the past 30 years.

Faced with the prospect of being rehomed in Wales I imagine most refugees or economic illegal migrants (there's a huge difference) would stay in Syria etc.

Hmmm there is a germ of a plan here

To stoke this debate a little further, with Miss Begum now confirmed as stateless what does anyone think (know?) would happen if she braved the channel in a little boat and was picked up in East Kent?
    We'd be stuck with her.
    The only place we can deport her to, is possibly Bangladesh.
    But she isn't registered as a citizen there yet. She qualifies through her father.
    As of now, she is stateless, but would be here and immovable.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As you probably know, my hotel of choice when in Derby is the Aston Court and has been for years. This time round we stayed in the Stuart on London Road. When I booked back in November, the Aston had no twin rooms available which is why we went elsewhere. Since then, the Aston and what used to be the Hallmark Budget, now the Derby Station Hotel are both housing refugees. Didn't look inside the Station Hotel but the Aston Court entrance windows are filthy. Inside there are half a dozen security men who look like bouncers and it's a mess. The staff? All out of a job and I find that a shame as we knew them well having stayed there several times a year over the past 30 years.
    I suspect their website is a tad deceptive then

https://www.astoncourthotelderby.com/

Imagine turning up on a whim expecting that, only to find MAs description

Page 886 of 922 FirstFirst ... 386786836876884885886887888896 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)