+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 894 of 922 FirstFirst ... 394794844884892893894895896904 ... LastLast
Results 8,931 to 8,940 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    So here’s a great idea Swale, and I’m aiming it at you because you’re the only one who does it. Every time there’s an anecdote that doesn’t fit with your line of reasoning you actively try to discredit it and/or the originator, yet you offer any number of anecdotes of your own which you expect us to believe. My suggestion is that you either ease off on discrediting other folks anecdotes and focus on reasoned argument against them or accept that everyone of your anecdotes will be described by one or other of us as a load of invented bo-lox. Just a suggestion
    If some of you are unable to recognise reality and one of your previous posts above suggests this to be the case, then that's hardly my problem is it? I understand that many live in a fantasy land and that no amount of facts will later their views. I have some sympathy for these unfortunate people but not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    rA hit the nail on the head! The fact you think he missed whatever point you thought you were making, says more about your inability to look beyond your own narrow perspective on life. We have been here before and I ahve suggested you broaden your source of information and rely less on what you think you know!

Basically all of your anecdotes lack credibility! But you've shot your credibility so many times, with some of the daft things you have posted, that to be honest I doubt you can verify any, but go on give us a laugh by trying to.
    Now you’ve missed my point. I’m bothered about rA’s opinion not yours.

As for your fantasy about drive by shootings, give us all a break! You’ll say you were attacked by a dragon next!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Sorry but as usual you’ve missed the point

However, as you intimate that some of my anecdotes lack credibility I’m happy to verify any/all by pm. Shall I start with my friend the Syrian refugee?
    You can start with whatever you like, maybe the (wrong) conclusion you jumped to when your property abroad was broken into...remember that one? You don’t owe me any explanations...it’s a forum and, as you’ve conceded before, people over ‘elaborate’ sometimes to suit their agenda.

My only point is that...you accused Swale of being the ‘only’ person on here to be guilty of such behaviour in relation to his own anecdotes and those of others...that’s simply not true.

P.S. I don’t think there was any ‘fantasy’ about the 2011 right wing attacks in Norway which I imagine Swale was referring to.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-03-2023 at 09:02 AM.

As a point of interest I was in Oslo on business that week

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You can start with whatever you like, maybe the (wrong) conclusion you jumped to when your property abroad was broken into...remember that one? You don’t owe me any explanations...it’s a forum and, as you’ve conceded before, people over ‘elaborate’ sometimes to suit their agenda.

My only point is that...you accused Swale of being the ‘only’ person on here to be guilty of such behaviour in relation to his own anecdotes and those of others...that’s simply not true.

P.S. I don’t think there was any ‘fantasy’ about the 2011 right wing attacks in Norway which I imagine Swale was referring to.
    Yes I recall that - obviously an honest anecdote as I owned up to drawing the wrong conclusion. You’re missing the point again

You clearly have a distrusting side to your personality, I assume your anecdotes are true as written, why would you exaggerate? And likewise, why would l?

No the issue wasn’t about the Norway thing, that wasn’t an anecdote it was fact. You’ll need to read back

Andy, I think the point you are missing here is that everything Swale cites in his posts are absolute irrefutable facts. Conversely, everything posted by anyone else that disagrees with Swale's perspective is merely anecdotal or the result of foolishly believing the right wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Andy, I think the point you are missing here is that everything Swale cites in his posts are absolute irrefutable facts. Conversely, everything posted by anyone else that disagrees with Swale's perspective is merely anecdotal or the result of foolishly believing the right wing media.
    Summarised better than I could. I was confounded by truth, you cut through lies

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    On the other hand of course they did have a far right mass shooting, so your analogy is a little flawed. The UK wasn't overwhelmed with free movement, I mean you quoted east Anglia, which I know very well having lived and worked there before and post Brexit and in reality not one place is "A replica of Warsaw", not least because there are a number of Portuguese, Lithuanian etc. in the mix! Oh and rather than 6 million, the number of EU citizens post Brexit is closer to 5 million, but hey why bother with facts and reality when one can parrot the hyperbole dished out by right wing commnetators?
    Oh behave Swale, you really do believ that you are the only one to have a grip on "facts" in here don't you?
    In 2021- As of 31 May, the government had received 5.6 million applications for the post-Brexit scheme that allows EU (and EEA) nationals to continue living and working in the UK after the end of this month.
    The 6 million I got, was off a political program aired recently, as no doubt its gone up.

Even so, I'm no accountant, but 5.6 million was closer to my figure than yours.

NB, just a side note. You and RA told us they had all gone home in droves. So either your facts were wrong, or you made them up.
    I don't don't doubt some left. But ALL OF THEM?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

You mean Anders Breivik?
    The lone nut job, who meany Norway must have a hidden Nazi party?

OK smarty panys, explain this one. Ernesto Elliott was supposed to be on a deportation flight to Jamaica, however celebrities and Labour MPs signed an open letter to ground the plane. Yes your Abbots/Corbyns/Lammys ALL SIGNED IT, to prevent a crimianl immigrant from deportation.
    The same thing, one person!!!
    Are all immigrants bad? Of course not. But like it or not, some are bad and our current systems will leave this open to abuse all the time. Never mind the social issues surrounding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    correct

Page 894 of 922 FirstFirst ... 394794844884892893894895896904 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)