+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 905 of 922 FirstFirst ... 405805855895903904905906907915 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,050 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Just to be clear here, for those still yearning to rejoin the EU.

What are the criteria for joining the EU?

In order for a country to become part of the EU, the same must meet all the membership criteria, otherwise also known as ‘Copenhagen Criteria’. The main criteria are the free-market economy, a stable democracy and the rule of law, and the acceptance of all EU legislation, including the euro.

We won't agree to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

‘So overall I don't doubt that "if they would have known then what they know now" the 2016 result would have been different. However I don't feel the poll in question adds anything to my personal observations...’

Finally, I promise, who actually commissioned the survey and what skin did they have in the game as regards outcome? Pollsters I'm sure figure out what outcome those who are paying for the poll want. And pollsters realize they will get paid better if the outcome is what's wanted.
    So...we largely agree (on that first paragraph). Thank goodness for that. It’s all I’ve suggested.

As regards the second...you’re even more cynical than I thought. You possibly (probably) know more about polls than I do - certainly do if you feel you can ‘promise’ - but I’d never imagined that ALL polls had the sort of vested interest you describe.
    Maybe I’m naive - not a common allegation - but who is it you think wants Statista to reach the conclusions they, seemingly independently, do?

Anyway...Raab’s gone!

Tricky...I don’t understand why you want me to pm you. It’s just as easy for you to answer through the forum.

Who’s said we are ‘yearning to rejoin the EU’? All that’s been suggested is that leaving has been a damaging thing to have done, that the decision to leave was based on lies and untruths and that some form of renegotiation is now inevitable.

Much of the damage has been done and, out of interest, who are your ‘we’ who ‘won’t agree to that’?

I'd be one of the "we" who won't agree to joining the euro, unless there is massive harmonisation of tax policies across Europe first - which seems unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So...we largely agree (on that first paragraph). Thank goodness for that. It’s all I’ve suggested.

As regards the second...you’re even more cynical than I thought. You possibly (probably) know more about polls than I do - certainly do if you feel you can ‘promise’ - but I’d never imagined that ALL polls had the sort of vested interest you describe.
    Maybe I’m naive - not a common allegation - but who is it you think wants Statista to reach the conclusions they, seemingly independently, do?

Anyway...Raab’s gone!
    Statista is German and hence untrustworthy but good at taking penalties.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Statista is German and hence untrustworthy but good at taking penalties.....
    Beware, putting 'Good' and 'German' in the same sentence might set Swale off

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tricky...I don’t understand why you want me to pm you. It’s just as easy for you to answer through the forum.

Who’s said we are ‘yearning to rejoin the EU’? All that’s been suggested is that leaving has been a damaging thing to have done, that the decision to leave was based on lies and untruths and that some form of renegotiation is now inevitable.

Much of the damage has been done and, out of interest, who are your ‘we’ who ‘won’t agree to that’?
    Listen, I tried to help you. I don't read this forum X amounts of times a day. Because of that, when I don't reply, you assume I am dodging, or gone quiet on an issue.
    I gave you the PM option, as I can see on my phone easier my prescence for something is wanted. If it confuses you, forget it.

Your lies ect, expand both ways sir. The bus excuse, is the biggest laugh. Have you managed to catch a plane since Brexit?
    Juncker and Varadkar, were adament that planes wouldn't be going to Europe if Brexit didn't happen on their terms, if at all. Was you conned by that lie as well?

The "we" I talk about, are every Brexit voter going and now some who didn't.
    Rejoining, will bring back the biggest no no, of free movement and an extra bogey subject of the Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Listen, I tried to help you. I don't read this forum X amounts of times a day. Because of that, when I don't reply, you assume I am dodging, or gone quiet on an issue.
    So you've noticed that too. Its REALLY irritating

I gave you the PM option, as I can see on my phone easier my prescence for something is wanted. If it confuses you, forget it.

Your lies ect, expand both ways sir. The bus excuse, is the biggest laugh. Have you managed to catch a plane since Brexit?
    Juncker and Varadkar, were adament that planes wouldn't be going to Europe if Brexit didn't happen on their terms, if at all. Was you conned by that lie as well?

Rejoining, will bring back the biggest no no, of free movement and an extra bogey subject of the Euro.
    Lol, ‘tried to help me’? How? You ‘don’t read the forum X times a day’? That’ll explain your 20,000+ posts then.

Fact is, last Sunday I quoted some figures from Statista. You and AF immediately sought to discredit them.
    MA queried your doubts about the validity of the statistics and you responded in a way which appeared slightly evasive.
    I asked you politely to clarify what you meant. Since then neither you nor AF have responded to my question at all.
    I understand if you’re too busy. It just seems odd that you’ve had time to say, three times I think, why you haven’t answered, but no time to actually clarify.
    As regards personal messages. I don’t use them where public discussion is concerned as it tends to become confusing. I think I’ve pm’d just four or five people on here occasionally and at various times over the years...GP, MA, AF, mac and yourself...just once about your dad’s hearing issues.
    Hope that clarifies things...if you want to respond then do so...if you were wrong then just admit it. I don’t honestly care either way.

P.S. Thanks for explaining the ‘we’. I wouldn’t expect or envisage us rejoining...but, and this really is both the point and the irony, our (this country’s) experience of Brexit so far has probably led to there being far fewer Brexit supporters and putting your ‘every Brexit voter going’ in a much weaker position than they were before.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-04-2023 at 02:15 PM.

Mm do please provide evidence that any claim about planes not flying from UK to Europe - I suspect that as per usual this was a lie perpetuated by your usual dodgy media sources! Of course the bits about not having criminal intelligence from the EU and not having a return agreement for asylum claimants ahve turned out to be true, but again only due to the Uk governments belligerent attitude to the negotiations.

EVERY Brexit voter going and some who didn't? Mm that explain the 57% who want some form of closer ties to the EU, then! It does make me laugh when Brexit supporters watching the undeliverable not being delivered scratch around in an increasingly desperate fashion to try and justify what was the biggest "shooting oneself in the foot" exercise a country has done in recent times!

Page 905 of 922 FirstFirst ... 405805855895903904905906907915 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)