+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 394 of 922 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494894 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've had a word with my imaginary friend who appears to be feeding you imaginary stats, but despite that, can you explain to RA that, whatever your view on Brexit, you have prepared yourself and your business as well as you can for whatever may happen.
    Don’t quite follow this ‘can you explain to RA’ strategy of yours, Andy.
    Don’t recall ever doubting how much time and effort business has had to spend on preparing for every eventuality.
    But I’ll endeavour to explain to you...my despair is at quite how much time and money has had to be spent on such negative and wholly avoidable preperations by both business and politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t quite follow this ‘can you explain to RA’ strategy of yours, Andy.
    Don’t recall ever doubting how much time and effort business has had to spend on preparing for every eventuality.
    But I’ll endeavour to explain to you...my despair is at quite how much time and money has had to be spent on such negative and wholly avoidable preperations by both business and politicians.
    I share your despair its been a ****up from minute 1, BUT if everyone (politicians, business men, placard warriors, forum posters) had been united in recognising that 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'making it work' we would be in a better position for the challenge ahead

I share your despair its been a ****up from minute 1, BUT if everyone (politicians, business men, placard warriors, forum posters) had been united in recognising that 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'making it work' we would be in a better position for the challenge ahead
    Ah, I see...so if we’d all got behind an act of self harm in the first place, which you voted against and recently conceded is quite likely to make us poorer, then everything would be so much better and the current mess is all the fault of the 63% who didn’t vote ‘Leave’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah, I see...so if we’d all got behind an act of self harm in the first place, which you voted against and recently conceded is quite likely to make us poorer, then everything would be so much better and the current mess is all the fault of the 63% who didn’t vote ‘Leave’.
    I think our respective outlooks, Pragmatist v idealist, doer v dreamer, means we'll just keep disagreeing.

I think our respective outlooks, Pragmatist v idealist, doer v dreamer, means we'll just keep disagreeing.
    Really? Good spot!
    You forgot consistent v fence sitter not to mention the fact that a second Referendum - which you always said would never happen - appears to be getting ever closer.
    I wouldn’t say you were that much of a ‘dreamer’ .

One flaw in that proposition, well more than one really, but the BIG one is that those very people who have and continue to promote Brexit, have conveniently forgotten all the very big lies that were told about how easy it would be to achieve and how it would be perfectly possible to leave a club due to dislike of certain rules and regulations and paying the membership fee and keep access to the bits they did like.

Quelle Surprise when this wasn't the case!

IF those politicians who so trumpet how marvellous brexit is, had firstly come forward with a clear coherent plan as to for Brexit and secondly stepped forward and taken responsibility for it, then you might have a point.

But what we continually get, is a useless pillock -Davies, who from all accounts couldn't negotiate his way out of a paper bag and didn't either spend the time or when he was doing so completely pissed off the other side and hadn't a clue what he was doing. Johnson a self serving disingenuous waffler, who loves making bold statements but has no substance behind them and Rees-Mogg who snipes from the sidelines.

Farage ****ed off to cosy up to Trump whilst shamelessly trousering the MEP salry and the pension - funny he hates the EU but happy to take their shilling, and disappears completely after his *******s has contributed to this mess - lets not forget his atrocious poster showing non eu migrants supposedly pouring into the country!

The latest laugh is those Farmers who voted to leave but then suddenly complain that a) a lot of their product is exported to the EU and second the government isn't long term going to pour moeny in subsidies to them - oops what a conflict their 1950's isolationist views contradict their economic needs!

So is the principle of an a completely independent state (lets be real here though, we wont be, it will be an illusion, because we will now be obliged to cosy up to other countries in order to do trade deals, which might mean being overlooking some of the ways those countries operate, or being obliged to join in conflicts that aren't ours) worth the economic chaos it will cause us?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    One flaw in that proposition, well more than one really, but the BIG one is that those very people who have and continue to promote Brexit, have conveniently forgotten all the very big lies that were told about how easy it would be to achieve and how it would be perfectly possible to leave a club due to dislike of certain rules and regulations and paying the membership fee and keep access to the bits they did like.

Quelle Surprise when this wasn't the case!

IF those politicians who so trumpet how marvellous brexit is, had firstly come forward with a clear coherent plan as to for Brexit and secondly stepped forward and taken responsibility for it, then you might have a point.

But what we continually get, is a useless pillock -Davies, who from all accounts couldn't negotiate his way out of a paper bag and didn't either spend the time or when he was doing so completely pissed off the other side and hadn't a clue what he was doing. Johnson a self serving disingenuous waffler, who loves making bold statements but has no substance behind them and Rees-Mogg who snipes from the sidelines.

Farage ****ed off to cosy up to Trump whilst shamelessly trousering the MEP salry and the pension - funny he hates the EU but happy to take their shilling, and disappears completely after his *******s has contributed to this mess - lets not forget his atrocious poster showing non eu migrants supposedly pouring into the country!

The latest laugh is those Farmers who voted to leave but then suddenly complain that a) a lot of their product is exported to the EU and second the government isn't long term going to pour moeny in subsidies to them - oops what a conflict their 1950's isolationist views contradict their economic needs!

So is the principle of an a completely independent state (lets be real here though, we wont be, it will be an illusion, because we will now be obliged to cosy up to other countries in order to do trade deals, which might mean being overlooking some of the ways those countries operate, or being obliged to join in conflicts that aren't ours) worth the economic chaos it will cause us?
    I don't disagree with most of that, my point is different, and that is that every Remainer who who's life's work has been to work towards a reversal of the decision has contributed to post-Brexit UK being weaker than it would otherwise be.

I don't disagree with most of that, my point is different, and that is that every Remainer who who's life's work has been to work towards a reversal of the decision has contributed to post-Brexit UK being weaker than it would otherwise be.
    Blimey Andy...make your mind up!
    Swale’s post is, imo, correct in every thing he says. Didn’t expect you to agree with it but you apparently do - ‘I don’t disagree with most of that’ - and then in the very same sentence you start blaming the ‘Remainers’ again!
    I know I’ve criticised the number and rapidity of mind changes you’ve made before, but you simply can’t keep blaming those of us who have consistently opposed Brexit for the current chaos. It isn’t us who set the UK on a self destructive course towards being worse off and more isolated.

IMO we are headed for NO DEAL with all that entails. Both imports and exports will be more expensive for both the EU and the UK.

I take a different view, i think by and large most are trying to achieve a result that recognises the referendum result whilst minimising the negative impact on the country - a difficult task given that the Brexiteers made no mention of the negative impacts of leaving the EU and have seemingly refused to acknowledge there will be any since the vote.

May for all her faults is in an impossible position trying to appease a Tory party which is clearly more interested in the pursuit of ideological agendas than governing the country, something the largely Tory media would be crucf theywere in power.

So tolay the blame for the current state of affairs is wide of the mark, if leavers were prepared to compromise on thier suicidal and unrealistic vision of "crashing out" of the EU, whilst maintaining the benefits that they like - then we would probably be closer to a solution.

Instead there is no clear idea about what leave means - other than the ideological purists who don't seem to care what the negative impact will be and certainly have no intention of enlightening those who voted leave as to the effect on them.

Untangling 40 years of close political, regulatory and economic ties was never going to be easy and its pure recklessness and utter lies to say that it is as Johnson, Farage, Rees-Mogg and Davies have claimed in the past.

Page 394 of 922 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494894 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)